Connectiong through our loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iCanMakeIt

Reaction score
How ironic, hey?

I can't even see a correlation between loneliness and how many people are around. Big cities have a lot of lonely people. Tiny towns. I can be all alone in a room full of people or one person. I have no family, but it there are a lot here with spouses and kids who are lonely.

I need a shared vision of the future to create with someone. Unconditional love. To give and receive.

I'm being compelled to surround myself with lots of people. How do I do that? I need to lead something. I need to build something big. A business. A company. Solve a problem for a lot of people.

I want people to want me to be alive. To hug me. Be like, you're a good person. You make the world a better place. I'm happy that you're in it.

iCanMakeIt said:
How ironic, hey?

I can't even see a correlation between loneliness and how many people are around. Big cities have a lot of lonely people. Tiny towns. I can be all alone in a room full of people or one person. I have no family, but it there are a lot here with spouses and kids who are lonely.

I need a shared vision of the future to create with someone. Unconditional love. To give and receive.

I'm being compelled to surround myself with lots of people. How do I do that? I need to lead something. I need to build something big. A business. A company. Solve a problem for a lot of people.

I want people to want me to be alive. To hug me. Be like, you're a good person. You make the world a better place. I'm happy that you're in it.

I'm not sure weather you're talking about being alone, or relationships, or both? Either way it's not about surrounding yourself with people, you said it yourself. I used to know a lot of "friends" I always could hang out with but it still didn't feel less lonely. I only felt less lonely with a certain person, for some people it's finding that right person/s.

I keep trying to share this pic but am infamously having trouble.

Anyway, I understand your needs. And I’m here to discuss if you’d like.

Yes, that's the perfect description of it... I'm not sharing anything that matters with anyone. That's exactly it.

Okay, well now I have a new perspective and a new tool with which to try to fix this situation I'm in. I need to find something important to share and someone to share it with... :)

Seriously, thank you for that.

You are very welcome.

For me the challenge is finding the “who”, male or female.

Very few people seem to connect with my depth of thinking. Easier to live life shallowly I suppose.

I'm having exactly the same problem. When people start to think I think too much, I just think... it's not my choice. I just think because I'm awake.

I've always wanted to be part of something bigger. Doing things to improve or take care of myself is good but after a while I wonder if it's all there is.

Calliope said:

I keep trying to share this pic but am infamously having trouble.

Anyway, I understand your needs. And I’m here to discuss if you’d like.

Please see this post for your problem posting images.  https://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=8137&pid=866856#pid866856

To iCanMakeIt, yeah it would be nice if there was some way no one would have to be lonely.  Fortunately there are places like this to let us know that even though we feel alone we are not alone.

I can't even see a correlation between loneliness and how many people are around.
There is none.

I have no family, but it there are a lot here with spouses and kids who are lonely.
Not a surprise.

How can you give, when you don't have it?  And if you have it, why are you lonely? 

If you find someone, you will become one of the people that you describe in the previous statement, "people with spouses and kids who are lonely"...

I've always felt a sense of loneliness even growing up. It's like a disease or something that follows me around all the days of my life.

I am one of those married with a child but still incredibly lonely looking for s p.k me one to chat with.

Correction. I am looking for someone to talk to, late night, too many typos

Are you saying you don't find meaning in social interaction? I don't have any RL friends (except maybe one that I don't hang out with or call)but I made several good, supportive, online friends on online forums.

It helps that you all have something in common. I even found one friend that was comfortable with me texting her. I do need RL friends but my online friends are cool and I'm glad I have them.

Latest posts

Back