I'm out of options.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheLoadedDog

Reaction score
Sorry TheRealCallie, another thread.

My landlord wants $12160 on Sat.  I have twenty bucks in the bank. My credit cards need to be handled wiith asbestos.

Options:

1.  Go mad and get the police to "section" me.
2. Take the leap at Belmore Station in front of the 8:17 from Bankstown
3. Pull a job on a convenience store (if I get caught, I don't mind)
4. Pull a knife on a cop. NSW police have Glock pistols and are not shy to use them.

TheLoadedDog said:
Sorry TheRealCallie, another thread.

My landlord wants $12160 on Sat.  I have twenty bucks in the bank. My credit cards need to be handled wiith asbestos.

Options:

1.  Go mad and get the police to "section" me.
2. Take the leap at Belmore Station in front of the 8:17 from Bankstown
3. Pull a job on a convenience store (if I get caught, I don't mind)
4.  Pull a knife on a cop.  NSW police have Glock pistols and are not shy to use them.

Option 1. 

1. Sell unneeded assets if you have any - i.e. car
2. Look for a low interest loan.
2. Pay landlord what you can and see if you can arrange additional repayment later.
3. Sort budget.

Option 2.

1. Seek alternative housing. See if social security can help.
2. Talk to a debt management plan company to pay off your bills and remove the stress from your life. There may be companies in your country that do this for free and provided by the government.
3. Tell the landlord you can't pay.

Wow. How come you owe him so much?
Declare bankrupcy. I don't see any other way out.
Mowing down the landlord or the police don't seem like viable options.
Probably won't do much good to your figure either, the idea being to try and keep that as intact as possible.

Isn't there a lawyer you can confer with who can give you better options?
One thing I never tried but heard was a good ditch effort was to talk to your local political representative.
At the price we pay those bastards to argue for, they ought to be able to do SOMETHING....

There are always options, but likely won't be ones you like. I'd say it's time to go back to work. You had to know this would eventually happen.

erifeulb gives you some good options.

I had a huge debt after being unemployed for awhile, and sad to say working my butt off is what's helping me clear it off bit by bit now. I don't see any other option other than this other than seeking help from the respective organisations, which I did but to no avail.

How do you owe your landlord that much money? How could you owe over 12 grand? I don't know any landlord who would let a tenant get that far into debt to them. They'd evict them sooner than allow that to happen, being a landlord costs money and just because you don't pay them doesn't mean they don't have to pay the bills, it comes out of their pocket. Sorry to ask all those questions it just flabbergasts me that you owe that much to your landlord.

I had a bit more than that in debt when the last place I worked for closed, but it was spread over two credit cards. I had to move back home with my mother which I really didn't want to do. Over the last three years I've made a massive dent in my debt, it's probably about half what it was now. That might be something you'll have to do.

Guys, I am so very sorry to freak you out. I made a typographical error. Added an extra digit. It's only $1260. My rent is very cheap, but they want it quarterly in aadvance, and I only paid a part quarter last time. Thanks for your concern, everyone. Means a lot.

Do you have a car? If you do don't sell it just to pay the rent, you can always sleep in your car (I have done it for 3 weeks). is difficult situation to handle, but is still better than sleeping under the bridge

Oh that's a much different amount, I was wondering how someone could amass that much rent and still be living in the same place. Could you not get a loan somewhere or have any of those advance pay places, not an ideal option but one you could use. That is still a lot of money when you don't have it. You mentioned you have credit cards but don't seem to wan to use them, but can you use your balance for cash? Seems like something you might have to do get yourself out of this jam.

Well at least you're still kicking lol. **** well near had a heart attack. 1260 is a different number lol. I'm sure you can arrange something between a landlord and yourself over the amount.
Quarterly in advance...is that even legal? Unless the system is different from Canada's, they aren't allowed to threaten you if you don't pay them in advance. You're liable to take them to court and win over it. Have you spoken to a lawyer about this?

Richard_39 said:
Well at least you're still kicking lol. **** well near had a heart attack. 1260 is a different number lol. I'm sure you can arrange something between a landlord and yourself over the amount.
Quarterly in advance...is that even legal? Unless the system is different from Canada's, they aren't allowed to threaten you if you don't pay them in advance. You're liable to take them to court and win over it. Have you spoken to a lawyer about this?

If you sign a lease saying you will pay quarterly, it would be legal.

TheRealCallie said:
If you sign a lease saying you will pay quarterly, it would be legal.

Well such leases aren't legal here and if a landlord makes you sign a lease with advance payments required, we have an organism called "La Régie du Logement" (Like Rent protection or something) that can investigate and nullify the lease.
This is all speculation mind you, I'd need to read up on what the Regie says lol. But I'm like, 80% sure leases like that aren't allowed in Canada. Not sure about elsewhere though.

In Australia, you pay in advance at agreed intervals (weekly, monthly, etc). You sign a lease for a given amount of time (usually six or twelve months), then you either sign another one, or go to a "casual lease" which has advantages and disagvantages. It means the landlord can kick you out with less warning and no reason, but it also means you're not stuck there if you want to leave. However, mine is even more casual - cash under the table. It doesn't exist, in theory.

Anyway, got a text back from my landlord. She told me to take my time and hoped I was OK. When I was in hospital for four monhs in 2013/2014, she waited four months for rent; not out of the goodness of her heart (although I find her quite nice), but the only way I could pay her from hospital would be electronically, and she didn't want an electronic money trail. So, because of the dodgy legality of it, I've got some leverage.

My car is worth $500 and I need it. Credit cards maxed because I've been using them to live on when sick and off work. I'm working on other options.

Thanks for your help, guys.

Can't come up with advice right now, as I'm somewhat ill for last few days, but I wish you the best!

Latest posts

Back