What do you do to return to your normal state of mind after negative interaction?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have lots of ways to get into a better state of mind...
Go for a long walk no matter what the weather,
Go outside and scream!
Sit crossed legged and meditate.... This works the best for me,
Have a warm shower,
Exercise
These are most of my coping strategies and they all seem to work. But as for family and their constant drama I just completely cut them out of my life!

Going for a long walk
Hot bath
Candles and incense
Talk to a friend

Depends what has happened, and partly which of the above I can do at that moment in time

Punch a wall.
When I'm drunk, punch a face. So I don't drink.
In absence of that, just ignore it.

Ditto on the music <3
Plus cuddling/playing with my dogs. 😀

Nothing. It happens on its own. As it loses its energy, it ceases. I just watch. I learned this very recently and it works.

Make myself some tea, blast out some music and just do something that will take my mind off it.

Get off this site before some sarcastic bossy ass hole makes you feel like an idiot.

Just in case there are some bossy controlling self important people on here who like being contentious and running new members off... I'm sure that doesn't happen much though

Seahorse said:
Get off this site before some sarcastic bossy ass hole makes you feel like an idiot.

Just in case there are some bossy controlling self important people on here who like being contentious and running new members off... I'm sure that doesn't happen much though

Enough. If you don't like someone here, you need to start ignoring their comments. Don't try to insult members.

Listen to music
Play music
Knitting
Games
Television

The more involved it is, the better for the most part.

Use lots of colorful Cantonese swear words and curse the person out, by myself of course.
Very therapeutic. :D

athelas88 said:
Use lots of colorful Cantonese swear words and curse the person out, by myself of course.
Very therapeutic. :D

OH! I want to know some too :D

Yeah, distraction.

Honestly, I save 'new' stuff for times like this. Like, maybe I start a new game or something after something bad.

If I can have fun with this game, it means I'm still capable of it despite what happens, and it kind of gives me another leg up to tackling it. That's it not the be-all-end-all.

Latest posts

Back