How to kill hopeless romantic personality?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShyNLonely

Reaction score
I wanted to ask this someone, and I'm not sure how to say it, but I will try.

Anyway, some new doors opened for me. And I will probably have more then ok chance to succeed in that. But the problem is; I always wanted to have family, normal life, kids/house/wife kinda stuff .... but the more I succeed in first one, it will put me away from second one.

So ... how to kill one of this two worlds? And important part; which one?

If you had chance; money, a lot of it ... and love? Which one and why?

PS. to give you hint, I come from very poor family, and yeah ... my love life s***s and bl**s. :D

If you're a man, follow the money. If you're a woman, keep some moderation about work.

I'm guy.
To give you some info, but not to tell all ..... just a hint.
" The $ 4.5 million house paid for by Minecraft "

Would you be happy having money and no one to "come home to"?
On the other hand, would you be happy having a family and living paycheck to paycheck?  

I still don't see any reason you would have to choose, but if you feel you must, go for the option you can live with at the end of the day.

Problem is; I would love both. :(
It's like cappuccino made from white chocolate, versus vanilla one. I like both too much.
And one has to go. :(

If no one ever showed any interess for me in any form, and I just buy minecraft house, it's pretty easy to guess why would someone date me. xD

I don't think family life and career are mutually exclusive. There are times when you might have to prioritize one (an optional work event, or your kid's baseball game?), but there's enough time.

Maybe med school would be a bad time to try to start a family, but I think most options will leave a little time left over.

It's really up to you. Strangers on the Internet can't and shouldn't make major life decisions for you.

I found it a lot easier to work full weeks with no days off when I had a woman to hold at night, and share my problems with. I’m less willing to work a full work week now because that stress falls entirely on me with no confidant to confide in.

I am in the same situation. I choose money, because I am insecure and afraid of commitment in terms of love, but most probably the "choosing" thing is something you want to tell yourself to avoid something else you do not want to admit, maybe something bigger, do as your heart wishes and you will probably end up better than anyone else, try to think it out too much and you will destroy your sanity. Don't take my advice 100% as it is, since we are all human and make mistakes but it is my opinion at this moment in time.

Alot of people write about love and soul mates but really have no idea what their talking about. You could spend (like me) 23 years in a marriage where you said "I love you" and a few dating relationships thrown into the salad bowl where you said the same thing. Then, through some stroke of luck REALLY discover true love. Every other relationship including that f'n marriage looks dirty now. And I'd pass up millions just to keep what I have.

So, love over money is a no brainer.

Unless you are literally having to work 100 hour weeks, this seems like a false dilemma. Less money and no major career success, means little chance of "love" happening anyway.

Latest posts

Back