What are your thoughts on this?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restless soul

Reaction score
Not sure if this a social problem, more like a public restroom problem. So I have been using the bathroom at a chipotle location near me everyday for over a year, doing my business. No problems from anyone. Now what helped was that I know the master code. A universal code that works everyday. They change it daily and put the code on the receipt. They want only  for customers which I ubderstand. And knowing the code helped me bypass that. That was until today. Well you see for the past 2 weeks they had a plumbing issue with one of thier restrooms. Another reason why I felt comfortable going. Less pressure. And all that.

Anyway, to make a long story short, since the other restroom is out of service. I started to feel rushed by employees knocking aggressively and being downright hostile. Mind you I was well aware of the other restroom being out of use so I never took a long time. Today i especially felt singled out ,they knock and they seemed irritated. One even came with air freshener ( how rude is that? Any message there?) And then I had the nerve to ask them why the other restroom was unavailable all this time, and that seemed to trigger them. With a dismissive " customers only "

Well later today I spoke to the manager and she apologized but still stood by the customers only can use it. So no I have to look elsewhere .i have to respect that policy .but do you think she still should have let me use it ? I didn't tell her i knew the universal code not sure that would have helped. Anyway it was upsetting.

Do you not have a bathroom where you live? I'm not really understanding why you go somewhere you don't plan to buy something from just to use the bathroom and expect to be treated like royalty.

TheRealCallie said:
Do you not have a bathroom where you live?  I'm not really understanding why you go somewhere you don't plan to buy something from just to use the bathroom and expect to be treated like royalty.

Callie, please. Try to be compassionate just once, empathetic just once. Don't take things out of context always. Simply said she was rude and out of line. I did nothing out of the ordinary or any misconduct. Yes, i know I am customer, this was my first incident and I felt it coming. 

Never did I expect to be treated like royalty. I am always courteous regarding how I use the restroom .i.e time. Neatness

You go into a place of business with no intention of buying anything. Yeah, sorry, I don't really see the rudeness.

So do you have a bathroom where you live and why don't you go there? It is a relevant question.

TheRealCallie said:
You go into a place of business with no intention of buying anything.  Yeah, sorry, I don't really see the rudeness.  

So do you have a bathroom where you live and why don't you go there?  It is a relevant question.

Yes you are right .i see that side if the argument and it can be frowned upon, and knowing the bathroom code saved me in a way. Meaning avoiding rejection and saying no go to restroom.

And now I have to abide after speaking to the manger. And to answer your other question. this is where I come off nuts. But yes of course I have a restroom at home. But I was a bit ocd about using it and got into the routine of this chipotle which is down the block from starbucks.

I hope you can see how much that doesn't make sense. Use your own **** bathroom and stay out of places you have no intention of being a customer unless it is an emergency...problem solved.

TheRealCallie said:
I hope you can see how much that doesn't make sense.  Use your own **** bathroom and stay out of places you have no intention of being a customer unless it is an emergency...problem solved.

Wasn't an issue until this one employee decided to be nasty about it. Makes ok, sense. Starbucks could care less. And technically you have to be a customer there too. But they got sick of me for whatever reason

No problem. A test to overcome some issues here

My intention is not to be rude (so please don't accuse me of being rude), but I have the same question as Callie. I am honestly wondering why you would choose to go use a public washroom near you (for over a year!), rather than use one where you live? I am competely mystified...Do you not *have* a private household washroom? Seems really odd to me, so I'm guessing there's more to the story...

ringwood said:
My intention is not to be rude (so please don't accuse me of being rude), but I have the same question as Callie. I am honestly wondering why you would choose to go use a public washroom near you (for over a year!), rather than use one where you live? I am competely mystified...Do you not *have* a private household washroom? Seems really odd to me, so I'm guessing there's more to the story...
Thanks for asking, appreciate the reply. My pleasure to try and answer the best I can. Best way to describe it is that I seem to be very ocd at home. More so than even a public restroom as crazy as that may sound. I live with my parents. I am not blaming them, but I feel that contributes a lot. But the chipotle I been using was down the block from a starbucks I use everyday. So why don't I use the starbucks restroom? Not as clean there is only one and people get crazy if you are in it longer than 3 minutes.

I am also not meaning to be rude, but I’m finding this post a little odd... if you are OCD does it not bother you that public washrooms are the most disgusting and unhygenic places? And their function is for customer use only! They are probably getting really annoyed that you keep constantly using their toilet and not buying anything. And you have a code?! That’s super strange I’m sorry.....

And this is also why I hardly ever use public washrooms!

ManitobaBrit70 said:
I am also not meaning to be rude, but I’m finding this post a little odd... if you are OCD does it not bother you that public washrooms are the most disgusting and unhygenic places? And their function is for customer use only! They are probably getting really annoyed that you keep constantly using their toilet and not buying anything. And you have a code?! That’s super strange I’m sorry.....

And this is also why I hardly ever use public washrooms!

Not rude . I like the curious mind. It just so happens this location at the time I went was very clean. Of course I do the typical paper on seat routine .and clean it more of need be. And yes .chipotle happens to rotate bathrooms codes. I figured put one code that they use that works all the time.

I will share a story of the only time I went into a restaurant just to use the restroom. This happened during a road trip to California that I took last year.

First some context. One of the main purposes of my road trip was to buy inventory in different cities along the way. I had just spent all day buying inventory and it was closing time at the store I was at, and it was late so I paid for my things and left. At this point I had spend up to my daily limit on my debit card. I had a credit card with me that I had used the previous days to pay for things after I hit my daily limits on the debit card. Since this was a few days into my trip I had already reached the limit on my credit card as well. I should have paid down the credit card every day to avoid this but since this was my first time attempting something like this I didn't really imagine I would run into these issues.

So after I leave the store I realize that I REALLY need to use the restroom. Luckily there is a subway open right next to the store that I just left. So, I walk into the subway and head to the bathroom. The subway is empty except for one employee. I didn't really want to be noticed but since the place was empty I kind of stuck out. I go to the bathroom. When I'm done, as I'm heading out to leave the woman working asks me in a weird way "Were you going to buy a sandwich too?"

I wasn't planning on ordering a sandwich but it was a bit of an awkward situation and I didn't want to be the weird guy that just uses them for their bathroom for some reason so I replied that I was planning to order a sub. She took my order. Footlong, Italian BMT, toasted, pepperjack cheese, etc etc. She was actually pretty funny and it we had a decent conversation as far as sandwich making conversations go. Everything was cool. I was still the only other person in there. Then tragedy strikes. When I went to pay... my debit card had hit the daily limit and was declined. I then went to pay with my credit card instead and I was at the limit on that as well and it was also declined.

So after escalating a minor awkward situation into a full blown "please just kill me now situation", I apologize and walk out without a sandwich, as intended. Then I went back to my car and sat in the drivers seat for a solid 30 minutes, laughing at myself while thinking about the sequence of events that even led to that situation.

Either way, stores have complete control over their bathrooms and whether they want to open them up to the public or not. It's not a big deal but maybe find another place to go?

Why don't you just make it your job to clean the home bathroom? That way you will be able to have it as clean as you like when you need to use it.

I hear you kamya, and I typically ask when going to a new place and depending on the crowd setting etc..
For instance. A busy mc donalds you usually will never have an issue or get called out if you go to use the facilities.

My only saving grace for being able to use it this long at this particular location was having a code that always worked

TheRealCallie said:

Lol to what? Missed it. What is the story??

kaetic said:
Why don't you just make it your job to clean the home bathroom? That way you will be able to have it as clean as you like when you need to use it.

Good idea, good plan. 

So does everyone agree with the end result. That I should not use it eventhough I know code? I am pissed about this whole thing

I really feel I should have given that employee a piece of my mind knowing the outcome of this, meaning not being a customer so no use of restroom. I know I will get slack for even entertaining that.

I really feel you should not use that restroom unless you're going to buy something. Clearly that's why they put the code on it. Whether you happen to be able to cheat the system or not is irrelevant. It's probably better that you didn't give that employee a piece of your mind... They could have banned you outright.

kaetic said:
I really feel you should not use that restroom unless you're going to buy something. Clearly that's why they put the code on it. Whether you happen to be able to cheat the system or not is irrelevant. It's probably better that you didn't give that employee a piece of your mind... They could have banned you outright.

Maybe you are right. And it's not worth the trouble or anymore aggravation. Hopefully the manager disciplines the woman about how to speak to people.

Latest posts

Back