Lonely man suffering from anxiety, loneliness and burnout

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Cowboy. You'll like it here. For a forum dedicated to loneliness it is about the friendliest place on the internet. The Canadians are a bit odd, but we love them. No, I'm joking. They actually really piss us off. :) I kid....

Welcome from Australia. We are a global family. You'll be OK here, mate.

TheLoadedDog said:
Welcome Cowboy.  You'll like it here.  For a forum dedicated to loneliness it is about the friendliest place on the internet.  The Canadians are a bit odd, but we love them.  No, I'm joking.  They actually really piss us off. :)  I kid....

Welcome from Australia.  We are a global family.  You'll be OK here, mate.

Thank you very much TheLoadedDog for your welcome :)

I am very tired of being alone.

I have been through too much crap last 7+ years it's pathetic.

51 years f$!#ing old last gd relationship was like 18 years ago so pathetic and very hard to believe.

Very burnt out and very sick of no friends family basically fell apart.

Been on countless dating sites, self help bullshit etc.

Not sure how much one is suppose to take?

pauly6618 said:

51 years f$!#ing old last gd relationship was like 18 years ago so pathetic and very hard to believe.

OK.  Im going to divide my reply to you into two parts.

Firstly, step back and think about being alone.  Is it actually that bad?  After a particularly nasty break up (police involved etc) in 2005, I just decided "never again".  I was a bachelor for twelve years.  Life was actually pretty grand.  I just did my thing.  I cooked well.  I travelled.  I was just me.  I was old enough that the hormones did not matter so much.    Then last year, I fell in love.  DEEPLY in love.  This was unplanned.  It ended badly (though no cops thankfully this time), but I'm still an emotional mess.  I will love her until I die, but I wish I'd never met her.

Second part....

If you insist on following your trousers, may I advise, as a two decade internet veteran, forget dating sites.  Especially ones that want your money.  Just come on here, go on Facebook etc.  Don't be a sleazy, horny guy.  You will make friends.  It's worked for me over the years.

pauly6618 said:

I am 47 and never had a real romantic relationship with women. But today, I would say that my biggest fear is depression and anxiety. Loneliness also but depression is my biggest concern.

I can relate to both of you guys, pauly6618 and LonesomeCowboy.

Latest posts

Back