Size Matters

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

venividivici

Reaction score
So, as the topic obviously implies, I am worried about size issues. I feel I'm below average and worry about it like anyone else would when trying to date someone new. I don't need anyone to sugarcoat anything and say size doesn't matter when that's obviously a blatant lie, but I don't feel like I could ever have a longterm meaningful relationship with this issue. I mean, there are other things I can do if you know what I mean, but I always have this fear of never being good enough. This weighs on my mind a lot because it is one thing I cannot change no matter how much I'd like to. I can always lose weight and and work out to improve myself, but never physically enhance myself like some women choose to do in areas they feel inferior. I'm just looking for advice on the subject and just wanted to vent to express how I feel with this since it bothers me so much.

Actually, it's not a blatant lie. It's not about the size, it's about whether or not you know how to use what you have. I would take someone who is below average that can get the job done over someone bigger who doesn't know how to use it.

But, in the end, it's unlikely you are as small as you think you are and if a girl loves you, it won't matter. But yeah, it's more about knowing how to use it than how big it is.

TheRealCallie said:
Actually, it's not a blatant lie.  It's not about the size, it's about whether or not you know how to use what you have.  I would take someone who is below average that can get the job done over someone bigger who doesn't know how to use it.

But, in the end, it's unlikely you are as small as you think you are and if a girl loves you, it won't matter.  But yeah, it's more about knowing how to use it than how big it is.

I'd really like to believe most women think as you because I feel it should definitely be less about size only, but just from my experience that is very seldom. I wish this subject was something that could be casually discussed before ever getting involved with someone because rejection based upon size alone is very hurtful. I really hate it is a taboo subject because a lot of women would just say no initially because it's what they prefer. Knowing up front hurts less than after you're involved with someone. My pleasure has always came from the intimacy of pleasuring my partner. Not being able to do that for someone just really makes me feel inferior.

venividivici said:
I'd really like to believe most women think as you because I feel it should definitely be less about size only, but just from my experience that is very seldom. I wish this subject was something that could be casually discussed before ever getting involved with someone because rejection based upon size alone is very hurtful. I really hate it is a taboo subject because a lot of women would just say no initially because it's what they prefer. Knowing up front hurts less than after you're involved with someone. My pleasure has always came from the intimacy of pleasuring my partner. Not being able to do that for someone just really makes me feel inferior.

Can't speak for all women, just myself. I personally don't care. I know there's other ladies who think the same. Just a matter of finding them. And as was said, if the lady cares enough about you and how the relationship is, it wouldn't matter either way.

Why do some men get really stressed out about this! You don't hear women talking about how tight or slack their vagina is....

Its definitely not about the size. And yeah there will be a few women out there who would be hurtful about that subject but I would say they are in the minority.

If someone is shallow enough to finish a relationship over the size of a penis then they were not good enough for you anyway!

Thanks for the kind words and advice. Maybe I'll find someone as down to earth as you ladies one day. lol

ManitobaBrit70 said:
Why do some men get really stressed out about this! You don't hear women talking about how tight or slack their vagina is....

But we DO hear women talking about dick size... which is why some men get stressed out about it. Same reason some women get stressed out about having a nice ass or big tits.

Depends on how below average you are, but I'd have to agree that mostly size doesn't matter. In my experience, big ones might make one feel better about showing it off, but they hurt and the job is not as well done as average sizes. 

I don't know if it's fair to call someone shallow for thinking about their own pleasure... But being stressed out about your size won't make dating any easier, it's just adding insecurities and making yourself feel bad instead of enjoying the moment. One thing is for sure, if you're good at what you do I doubt any woman would have a problem with size.

In my travels, more often than not I've met women for whom size was not the end all, be all. "As long as it gets the job done" is the majority of thoughts I've collected on this subject.

But if it's any comfort, I think I speak for a lot of men in saying most of us worry about size. Even those who are particularly well endowed, in sometimes wanting to be less so. I do believe it's a purely male characteristic, and a normal one at that, in the same way women worry about breast size and, in the same way, while some men do feel it's important, the vast majority agree it's "whatever gets the job done" lol. Not that it makes women less worrysome about it, just like it doesn't make up less worrysome about it.

Sexual compatibility is about a lot more than the size of one's sexual attributes. You'll learn over time, with different partners. The trick is to not let this issue interfere with your attitude in a relationship. That's a turn off a lot more than a large or small pecker.

kamya said:
But we DO hear women talking about dick size... which is why some men get stressed out about it. Same reason some women get stressed out about having a nice ass or big tits.

Yeah. Some are fixated on stuff like that.

It's all about who you meet, it's understandable why you're nervous about dating women but it's just that: dating. It gives you a chance to get to know about them before anything further happens.

I know more guys who compare themselves than women who talk about it. But yeah, it's hard not to say something when they ask for your opinion after 4 guys whip it out in front of you. Seriously though, I don't know about other places, but around here, it's a **** competition to see who is the biggest. Well, with the younger guys, I think after 25 or so they tend to stop.

kamya said:
ManitobaBrit70 said:

There will always be people talking about size but I do feel they are the minority.....Most women don't judge, well that's my opinion anyway!

Penises are pretty gross imo, and I'm sure a lot of women don't particularly want to look at them. They're not going to be down there with a tape measure, bro... so as long as you're normal enough it'll be okay.

kamya said:
ManitobaBrit70 said:

True, but why care? People will always run into folks who focus on that, either in a small way or a big way, but we can decide not to bother with those ideals or the folks even.

You know... if you build up the sexual tension enough and engage in lots of foreplay, I doubt size matters... and if it does... nope! I'm not ending that sentence! Lol XD

You're in luck venividivici, girls will have an easier time doing oral and anal with you.  =/

VanillaCreme said:
kamya said:
ManitobaBrit70 said:

True, but why care? People will always run into folks who focus on that, either in a small way or a big way, but we can decide not to bother with those ideals or the folks even.

LOL Small or big, I see what you did there.

Actually there are women out there who do discuss their vagina's and do care about how they look.  Never heard of it before until one of those ridiculous housewives had her vagina rejuvenated, seriously, it's a thing.  I don't watch those shows I heard about it on an entertainment program.  It just you don't hear woman drone on about it as much as with men.  I don't know why we have to care about something that is so insignificant in the whole of things.  If you worry no one is going to want you because you have a small dick then you are looking at the wrong people.

Yup. Roasties. =p

I wonder, if there was a surgery for dick size like there is for boobs, how many guys would go through with it?

I have a number of girlfriends who have casual partners and they have all told me that more than size, it's the skills that decides whether or not they are satisfied. And all of them have said that they don't mind "teaching" inexperienced guys either because it's extra nice when everyone knows what is needed to satisfy the other. They all say that when a guy considers the woman and her needs as well as his own, sex is a lot better.

I've asked my girlfriends who haven't had many partners as well, and they also agree that size doesn't matter as much but they would prefer a more experienced guy to avoid them feeling awkward/nervous. 

I'm sure there are some women who care a lot about size, but many really don't so ignore the ones who do and get to know the ones who don't care better? :)

Latest posts

Back