Artificially Intelligent Virtual Boy/Girlfriend ??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ethelread

Reaction score
Hi All

Just lately I have been considering using/having an AI Boyfriend....... Have any of you experienced using one of these?

A friend said she was going to try one but has not yet. She said that the AI Boyfriend here  virtual-boyfriend.com was recommended to her but we are a both a little nervous about trying this scene. I guess at least you have someone to talk to who answers you, so making life a little less lonely............ better than coming home to an empty home. :(
I would welcome your thoughts or experiences, thanks Ethel x

ethelread said:
Hi All

Just lately I have been considering using/having an AI Boyfriend....... Have any of you experienced using one of these?

A friend said she was going to try one but has not yet. She said that the AI Boyfriend here  virtual-boyfriend.com was recommended to her but we are a both a little nervous about trying this scene. I guess at least you have someone to talk to who answers you, so making life a little less lonely............ better than coming home to an empty home. :(

Talk to me, i'm even better cause i know a lot of dadjokes :D

How do you grab virtual sexual bodyparts?

Must be an entire exercise in frustration, that concept. Plus if they ask for money, or want to have a 5 to 7 after work with the boys, might as well buy a hamster!

With your imagination! And you Train your AI friend, it is quite simple with artificial intelligence.....

Though I’ve never used it as a significant other, Cleverbot is a decent conversation simulator. Y’know, just don’t send it paragraphs about philosophy unless you want it to ask what jam is.

LOL I chat regularly with Clev. He more often than not makes zero sense. Has this strange obssession with calling us all A.I.'s.
Even if he were a GRIL, I wouldn't want to cook...I mean date it.

You watched 'Her'?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1798709/

I wouldn't be expecting any prospective AI partner to advance beyond human intellect to outgrow and dump you just yet but its a very sweet and homorous film about this premise and well worth a watch.

Interesting concept having an AI partner, but I don't think I can ever get past knowing that it isn't really real/human. Nothing beats human connection and interaction sometimes. :x

Richard_39 said:
LOL I chat regularly with Clev. He more often than not makes zero sense. Has this strange obssession with calling us all A.I.'s.
Even if he were a GRIL, I wouldn't want to cook...I mean date it.

You even call it "Clev" like a long-time bud. LOL

Stylus said:
You watched 'Her'?

I liked that movie, I feel like it was more sad than anything else. :\

You even call it "Clev" like a long-time bud. LOL

LOL Well hey, it's not MY idea.
Go talk to him, he'll tell you that's what you should call him. Then he'll ask if you're an A.I. Then he'll say he hates you. Then ask you to marry him...

Yup, he's a bit screwed up in the head lol.

kamya said:
I want a robot dog with AI that makes it act like a real dog that can also talk.

Hehe, I agree.

...I want a robot politician with AI that acts like a real one so I can punch it once every night.
:D

*ground opens up and swallows Richard whole*

In movies you see AI as the answer to some loneliness issues, but i wonder if it's a "true" AI, why would they stick around? and if they do, surely you could have made a real person stick around as well? If it's an ownership thing seeing you ought the AI and whatever it's contained in... Isn't that the same as slavery?

MisterLonely said:
In movies you see AI as the answer to some loneliness issues, but i wonder if it's a "true" AI, why would they stick around? and if they do, surely you could have made a real person stick around as well? If it's an ownership thing seeing you ought the AI and whatever it's contained in... Isn't that the same as slavery?

Interesting.
I think that if we automatize the world, any A.I. we create will ultimately try and control us.
Considering how destructive Humanity has been in the last 8000 years, any being worth it's own in intelligence will consider the whole of the human race as a parasite that needs to be controlled, if not completely destroyed for the good of his environment.
Kind of like Terminator and Skynet. :D
But that's possibly pushing it LOL.

Anyways.
If they do make intelligent A.I. that reach the point where they have self-awareness, suppose on the dating scene, they'll dump someone for exactly the same reasons anyone else would dump someone. They might also be programmed with subroutines that will make them a pain in the ass. Kind of like my mother sometimes ;-)

I don't think I've ever had any other type. Completely artficial. Oh wait, you said something about intelligence? I'm out.

I think it will never even come close to simulating the real thing to be perfectly honest with you. 

Maybe after 1000s of years of innovation but definitely not in our lifetime. And no, this isn't the century where they are going to invent immortality.

ethelread said:
Hi All

sounds so nice. any idea where I might be able to find a virtual girlfriend?

I have not experienced having an AI friend, girlfriend or boyfriend.. but I present to you this AI companion by Gatebox. ^^  They sure do make it look very appealing.  I have owned a Tamagotchi before though.

[video=youtube]

Latest posts

Back