Do you celebrate Valentine's day?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you celibrate Valentine's Day?

• Total voters

user 139760

Reaction score
Do you celebrate Valentine's day or do you think it's a completely commercial holiday with absolutely NO value whatsoever beyond the fact of preying on innocent, gullible consumers into buying under-quality, overpriced chocolates from Sweden and Flowers from the Gardens of Israel (respectively imported from Cadbury Inc.'s factory in downtown N.Y and Pete's Flowers and Manure, W.I.) as a show of love that should be year round anyway?

Well, I guess you know where I stand :D

And for those who feel it's important and are alone today, allow me to wish you a happy Valentine's Day and give you a big warm kiss (except for those with beards. I don't do beards).

I don't celebrate for two reasons.....Firstly yes its a commercial over priced day.....Secondly I have no one to celebrate with!

So its just another crappy day for me!

But if there are any takers out there I'm game!!! LMAO

No. I don't care to. I much prefer to celebrate the candy sale the day after.

VanillaCreme said:
No. I don't care to. I much prefer to celebrate the candy sale the day after.

:D Woman after my own heart.
Cheap peanut butter candy's galore ;-)

Not really. If I was seeing someone we might go do something casually because there are some nice deals and specials for couples. I dislike it in general and try not to date around Valentine's Day if I'm single. Everyone goes batshit insane leading up to it and during it, but it's a commercial holiday.

I wish the kids at school because it makes them smile especially the boys who start to blush which makes me smile hahaha. 

Also my office has a potluck so single or not, everyone wears pink, gets stuffed and dirty jokes and wishes are all around :D

I have no problem with Valentines day for one simple reason... the entire world does not shut down in celebration of couples love. I find thanksgiving to be far more terrifying. Since you can't do anything and are forced to think ad nausium about how you may not have the perfect family celebrating how "blessed" you are.

EmilyFoxSeaton said:
I have no problem with Valentines day for one simple reason... the entire world does not shut down in celebration of couples love. I find thanksgiving to be far more terrifying. Since you can't do anything and are forced to think ad nausium about how you may not have the perfect family celebrating how "blessed" you are.

Me too.

Nope. I spent it alone. As they say, if nobody loves you on Valentine's Day, then nobody loves you the other 364 days of the year either. :)

Anyway, for those like me who were alone, do take heart. The Roman Saint Valentinus did not spend Feb 14 with roses or chocolates. He was too busy being beheaded.

Latest posts

Back