Attractive "Unattractive" Traits?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LifePath1

Reaction score
What traits that are considered "unattractive" do you find attractive?

So as I flicked through some of the threads today, I noticed a reoccurring pattern. People believing they are ugly... I don't know why.. but a lot of people here seem to have pretty low self-esteem and a low opinion of themselves. If not because of their looks, then even their personalities. Claiming they talk too much or not enough, that they are too shy or whatever! So I came up with this idea!

I thought it would be great if everyone posted seemingly "unattractive" features that they like in a potential partner! Or even just people in general. As think it will be interesting to see some of the responses! You can just leave a list or give details to your list, it's completely up to you!

For me, I don't believe in ugly. So it's hard for me to say. But I'll tell you some "unattractive traits" that I personally like! Here I go!

Geeks/nerds: They're passionate and intelligent. I love seeing someone passionate about anything! Even if that's some Japanese anime series I've never heard of, or medieval architecture lol! Tell me why you find it so interesting!

Chubby: I don't know why, but I've always liked chubby women. Depending on how they carry themselves they can either come off as amazingly cute, or strong and domineering! Also I always imagine Friday nights being more fun! Can you imagine ordering a pizza with someone and halfway through ordering they say "Oh god no! Too many calories.. I've eaten my carbs for the day"?

"Bitchy": Now this one will be controversial. But I love someone who knows what they want in life. I'm quite happy putting up with your mood swings and outbursts, it makes things interesting! I'm not talking about lobbing shoes at my head "bitchy"... but if you're highly driven, I expect you to be on edge some days!

Eccentric: In my ideal world, everyone would be considered eccentric. Most people have an inner you that's bursting to get out yet very few embrace it. Eccentrics are the people that do! As I said about passion, I don't care what it is! I love personality.

An Overbite: Not anything drastic, but Chloe Moretz I think her name is, is a good example. It's cute, I don't know what else I can say about that one really!

Shy: As Peter Andre once said " Woah woah woah, mysterious girl! I wanna get close to you" god that song was awful, but it was the first thing that came to my head when I thought of a shy girl! For me, there's nothing more beautiful than a shy girl that doesn't know she's so beautiful. Sometimes it's because they're insecure, sometimes they're just quiet. But usually it's the quietest person who has the most to say!

I had to leave many more things out! Including freckles, height, fashion sense, and many more! I'm sure many of you will be able to come up with even more! I want this to be a thread people could visit when feeling insecure and get a little boost. So please don't hold back!

Thank you!

Thin Men - Although I don't particularly care for looks I do think a thin guy is cute. It makes them more real than some big muscly dude!

Bald- I think some men get really hung up on going bald, but there is nothing at all wrong with it!

Quietness - A lot of men seem to think that being the quiet type makes them unnattractive but I quite like guys who don't talk a lot.

Freckles - Freckles are adorable. Period.

Wrinkles - Crow lines and laugh lines especially. They make me think of the person as someone jovial. But even lines on serious faces are wonderful. Clint Eastwood :D

Bald men - Very sexy

Glasses - Very, very sexy

Greying hair - I really like salt. And pepper.

Short women - It's not a deciding factor as I'll always go by personality first, but I think short is cute :|

Glasses - Especially the big framed ones, but all glasses really, maybe it's because today they are almost a fashion item.

Curvy - I'm not saying obese, but I'm not against there being some meat on the bones, no not against that at all, it's cuddly.

Anxious - It might be because I am myself, and I've always had this romantisised idea of edging each other on to do new things.

Amelia said:
Quietness - A lot of men seem to think that being the quiet type makes them unnattractive but I quite like guys who don't talk a lot.

Combine that with awkwardness and an ugly face and it isn't so endearing.

ardour said:
Amelia said:

Not sure what's so wrong about that combination. You should really stop disliking yourself so much. It completely warps everything for you.

As for the original post, I'm not so sure what I'd say to answer it. Baldness is attractive to me, but I also don't consider it unattractive either. Ruggedness is attractive to me, too.

VanillaCreme said:
ardour said:
Amelia said:

Not sure what's so wrong about that combination. You should really stop disliking yourself so much. It completely warps everything for you.

Unattractive quiet men are more likely to be thought of as ticking time bombs of dysfunction, self-pity and anger. As someone who's been harshly judged for it, I should know about this particular dynamic more than you. In most men it's not a likeable trait.

Women.

I'm sorry, that's a blanket statement lol.
I don't have any particular traits to add, because I've pretty much covered the spectrum.

All traits can be gorgeous or ugly. It depends on how the person lives those traits. My last girlfriend weight around 250 pounds, beating me by about 20, for about 5'2. Definetely nerdy, was real into the whole japanese manga world and spoke Japanese, had a huge set of...you know, and did this annoying this when holding my hand where she'd put her thumb and rub the center palm.

...to this day I miss it. I'll always regret ending it to her. Suffice it to say, she's probably one of the, if not the, most gorgeous girl I've ever went out with. Both inside and out. She'd get hit on constantly, even though she was far overweight, because she carried it very well. Wore clothing that put her curves in value. She adapted her glasses very well to her look and instead of looking sleazy, looked glamorous. Top model-level glamorous.

By constrat to the girl I dated prior, who was 5'6, weight 95 pounds all wet, had an a cup and dressed up like the girl in pretty woman. She was attractive too, since I dated her, but not in the same way with the same traits.

As cliche as it sounds, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. All traits when successfully pulled off, can be gorgeous.

EDIT NOTE: I have a thing for Chloe Moretz. She reminds me a lot of Drew Barrymore, my one true love and future wife (when she finds out I exist :D) Of course, then I remember her age and mine...and then I feel very bad lol.

TheRealCallie said:
Considering how many people are wearing fake glasses, I don't really think glasses are still considered unattractive.

Seriously?

People do that? They wear glasses with no strenght just for the look? lol

I didn't know that. Well if there are any volunteers, I'll take your eyes and you can have my glasses :p

Richard_39 said:
TheRealCallie said:
Considering how many people are wearing fake glasses, I don't really think glasses are still considered unattractive.

Seriously?

People do that? They wear glasses with no strenght just for the look? lol

I didn't know that. Well if there are any volunteers, I'll take your eyes and you can have my glasses :p

Yes, people do that.  lol, don't look at me, I wear glasses....okay, only when I drive, but I'm supposed to wear them all the time. lol

I CAN'T look at you if I don't have my glasses ;-)

I'm supposed to only wear them for things far. But considering I've had the same for 15 years, pretty sure they are crap now lol. But it's on the list of things I can't afford until I stp paying child support.
I'll never understand people. Honestly I'd kill to have 100% working eyes.

ardour said:
VanillaCreme said:

Unattractive quiet men are more likely to be thought of as ticking time bombs of dysfunction, self-pity and anger. As someone who's been harshly judged for it, I should know about this particular dynamic more than you. In most men it's not a likeable trait.

I personally don't think that at all. I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't think that. Still no idea where you get your ideals from. You've been judged for it, so you want to continue the notion of it by continuing the perception of it?

....PUPPIES!!!!!!

....sorry. I don't know where that came from.
(actually I do...channelling my inner Jerry Lawler)

:D

How to know you're unattractive: not being able to have short conversations with women without them creating 'exit plans' in their minds. Unattractive is to be painfully self-aware of whether your presence (movements in public for example) might be bothering someone. Unattractive is to respectfully ask an acqaintance out, back off, then run into them months later only to find they're not comfortable talking to you now for just a few moments. Unattractive is watching facially attractive, hyper-confident men in women's social circles without issue, while you on the other hand have barely had a handful of chances at relating normally to the opposite sex over the space of decades.

Paranoid, exaggerations, yea probably so. Nice Guy wailing into the wilderness and all that.

I think body weight is something that could fit in this category. I may have missed someone saying that...

Unattractive:
-Empty wallet.
-Too smart.
-Doesn't like snapchats.
-Is not politically correct.

Latest posts

Back