Magic Mushroom trip report

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Paraiyar

I want to begin this report of my Magic Mushroom trip from last night by saying that so much happened on it that I feel like it will be a real struggle to include all the details that I would like. I must also apologize in advance if my recounting of the timeline feels a bit confused. Nevertheless I will do the best as I feel a deep desire to give the reader some inkling as to what I experienced.

Having taken some time to acquire the necessary amount of Cannabis necessary (My country is experiencing a dry patch) to make the trade with a friend in exchange for four grams of Psilocybe Subaeruginosa, I knew I would be in for an interesting evening. The next day would be my Birthday and so I knew that the majority of this trip would take part on on it. This would be my third trip with my first having involved a 1.7 gram dosage and the second a 2 gram one. I have also had some experiences with Salvia Divanorum including one in which I experienced total ego death. I had prepared for this trip by not eating since dinner which had been around 3 hours ago.

I felt a small amount of anxiety at the unpredictable aspect that always comes into play with the use of these substances but there was really no debate in my mind about whether I should go through with this experience or not. I began to grind the Shrooms up sometime just after 10pm and by 11:08pm I’d made the lemon tek. I allowed this to sit for 20 minutes and then consumed it. I was immediately hit with that interesting feeling of knowing that there was now no turning back...

Knowing that it would be difficult to predict how soon I would start to feel the Shrooms kicking in, I decided to turn off any music on my laptop and simply converse with a few people on Discord and read a few internet articles. I quickly began to feel that the silence was deafening and I’m not sure if that was the first sign of something changing or if it was just my anticipation making me feel that way. Perhaps around 20-30 minutes in (I will try to do a somewhat better job of keeping track of time in future trips) I felt this feeling that I had felt on my first Shroom trip which was that this wooden cat statue I have on a bookshelf was aware of me and looking at me. This feeling caused me to laugh to myself just like it did on the first occasion I experienced it. Soon after that I felt that I was beginning to feel something of the body high that comes with Shrooms which to me is kind of like a numbing, relaxing sensation in which you feel the urge to lie down. I believe at this point I was still not really seeing anything when I shut my eyes.

As I mentioned in the first paragraph of this report, my recollection of the timeline for this trip is somewhat confused and this is the part where things begin to get muddled. I’ll do my best to reconstruct it as accurately as possible but I think some parts are probably going to be out of order. I think at some point I closed my eyes and began to see the earliest sign of fractal images, possibly some eyes and faces (which as you’ll see, I would see a huge number of later). I believe at this point that I was starting to feel the nausea quite strongly and so I decided to go to the bathroom just think at some point I closed my eyes and began to see the earliest sign of fractal images, possibly some eyes and faces (which as you’ll see, I would see a huge number of later). I believe at this point that I was starting to feel the nausea quite strongly and so I decided to go to the bathroom just outside my room to throw up. I quicky felt the presence of this pecuiliar feminine entity that I also felt was there on my last trip. I didn’t so much seem to directly see it this time but I felt like I caught glimpses of it through the mirror, it’s dark, quite elegant and I feel like it belongs to a different species. I cannot tell if it shows any signs of being aware of me but it’s interesting that I feel like it’s a female presence.

As I vomited into the toilet it began to transform into this dark hole as it had also done on the previous trip. I returned to my room and lay down on my bed again. At some point during the trip I began to feel as if I was being possessed by a being who, if they’d ever been a human person, would have probably been a warlord or tibal leader or something. I felt this aggressive confidence swinging through me and I began to reassess who I could be in life. This mindset receded relatively quickly and around this point I was sort of wondering if maybe I’d reached the peak of the trip. Perhaps this would be a disappointing experience compared to what I had expected. Boy, was I wrong...

I don’t recall noticing the fractals gradually increasing in power or anything but suddenly whenever I shut my eyes there would be endless pairs of eyes and faces staring back at me whilst constantly moving. I would see these side-on images of what I’ve decided to call alien-goddess type entities some of which had an almost Ancient Egyptian look to them, I saw plenty of the type of fractal like faces that you see in Alex Grey art that seem to proceed infinitely into the background. As I looked at them and they looked back at me I said outloud “I can talk to you...Can you talk to me? Should I talk to you?” I would see mechanical type fractals as well, the type that people do sometimes report seeing. I walked into the bathroom again briefly (as I would do many times this night) and I can’t recall if my eyes were shut but I saw what appeared to be a male being of light and when I looked into at his head there was nothing there except the light just seemed to recede back infinitely making me gasp and mutter “Oh my god...”

Everytime I have tried shrooms they have made me cry and this occasion would be no different. Some of my personal demons quickly began to surface and I felt the need to acknowledge the lifetime of hurt they had occurred. This stage might have lasted about 20 minutes but it’s difficult for me to say with any certainty. I really believe that Shrooms force you to get real with yourself in a way that can be very confronting.

The trip began to get progressively more unusual. Soon I began to feel that my brain, as my instrument of cognition, had been replaced by something alien resulting in me experiencing the world in a completely different way. I am not a scientist but I began to link physics and biological evolution in my mind in a way I never had before but made sense to me at the time. Just as we are always in freefall, evolution is always moving us forward into history (even if biological changes are something of a slow process). The biggest realization that came from this from a stronger conviction about something I’ve felt for a while which is that we can’t plan for and manage our species effectively on either a global or local level because we don’t understand ourselves and where we are meant to be going well enough to avoid all kinds of misfortunte and the capacity for total catastrophe. I saw this in relation to both political events in the world and also in relation to individuals I know or have known in my life.

By this time I had reached what I would consider the peak of the trip and began to experience some pretty powerful things. I felt like I experience the birth of a planet, a small ball of light, within myself, whenever I closed my eyes the fractals were simply incredible, I saw a neverending world of eyes and faces that I also seemed to see flashes of as I opened my eyes, some were beautiful, some looked like something out of a zombie movie. I saw cats with 6 pairs of eyes, I also managed to catch one or two glimpses of some beautiful natural scenes including a yellow field that I can only describe as enchanting. I saw beautiful floating 3D model structure that was made up of small balls that twisted and turned to reveal ever more elaborate aspects of itself.

Around this time I needed to vomit again and I can only describe the sensation of this second vomit for the evening as resembling what I imagine transforming from a human into some kind of insectoid species might feel like. I would liken what I experienced to a croaking feeling that seemed to spread itself through my entire body. Like so much of this experience, it saddens me that I can’t adequately put into words what it was that I experienced here. Whenever I would look in the bathroom mirror in the darkness my face would morph in ways that were very creepy or macabre. My face would resemble an insectoid type creature or look very skull like and evil (I have a shaved head). My arm would also look like something off an insectoid creature or would look totally black.
At this point I would look out my bedroom window to see the trees right outside of it full of these evil looking fleshy creatures. I’d almost say they looked a bit like the Flood from the Halo video game series, sort of a combination of the humanoid looking ones and the blobby ones that explode when they get close to you. I’d also see Africa and South America morph into the faces of these monstrosities on the world map on my wall. Eventually they morphed into Grey Aliens as well. I should add that none of this was particularly frightening to me, just intriguing more than anything.

Around sometime after 4pm I decided to try and go to sleep but the images I would see everytime I closed my eyes had other ideas about this plan and prevented me from doing so. I recall shutting my eyes and seeing this strange, almost giant-rat like creature posing on the ground, that was transparent in a way where I could see larvae (which I presume were it’s children) moving in and out of it’s body.

It was not until around 5:00am at the earliest that I was finally able to get some sleep. All in all this was a fascinating experience and the varied and eventful psychedelic experience I have ever had in my life. Mushroom hunting season is coming soon in my country and I hope to do stronger doses in the not too distant future.

I'm surprised you had to vomit so many times with the lemon tek. I've never had issues with the teas. Only when raw. Sounds like you had a nice time. :)

I always tend to cry as well at some point during.

Part of the vomiting may have also been down to the fact I was a little bit anxious before I drank it about what this trip might be like.

BreakingtheGirl said:
Brave soul. I have anxiety and a very vivid imagination, so I don't think my trip would be a good experience for me!

This might sound kind of silly or strange but I sometimes feel like the Mushroom itself decides what kind of experience you're going to have regardless of how you feel at the outset and you might find that you have a really healing experience.

I should also add that I didn't actually create a tea, just grinded up two lemons and mixed the powder into it.

Reading your experience reminds me about times when I am sleep deprived and manic-- it's an amazing feeling, you feel like a genius, like a god(dess), that you're invincible and everything makes perfect sense. I really love the feeling and try to lose myself in it, but the depression inevitably follows sooner or later, though I must admit I really want to lose myself in the madness. I hope it helped you work through your demons.

I don't care about controlling what others do to their own bodies, but how can you be sure this isn't going to exacerbate certain problems? (For example mild depresssion or anxiety)

I used to take a bit of acid. It was awesome at times, terrifying at others. It turned me left handed for hours... which was interesting. I watched my Super Nintendo melt and peed in technicolour. I'd look at the clock, think for what seemed like hours, look back and a couple of minutes had passed. However, in the end, it really messed me up. It left me an emotionally-crippled wreck. I had vivid, horrific flashbacks for years. I don't believe that experimenting with hallucinogens is a very good idea - no matter how amazing they might seem at times.

Wow....bit shocked by this because I've never taken any drug apart from drink and I've seen first hand how they can mess you up big time. Maybe just a bit of a dinosaur but just my opinion.;)

ardour said:
I don't care about controlling what others do to their own bodies, but how can you be sure this isn't going to exacerbate certain problems? (For example mild depresssion or anxiety)

Studies are showing that they are more beneficial than not for those issues. If you are predisposed to developing schizophrenia then it can speed that up though. Judgement call really. I think it just depends on the person. IMO the experiences are worth it and I've only really benefited from it. There was a period of a few months where I would do some every weekend. I've never really had what people would call a "bad" trip. Not sure why but I usually feel pretty comfortable navigating in that headspace. I don't recommend anyone to do it just for "fun" or just because though. I had a few specific reasons for wanting to try. It's not really a recreational type of thing.

ardour said:

Like Kamya said, the research that is available on this subject doesn't seem to lean in that direction. Also, my first psychedelic experience was terrifying ego death from Salvia Divinorum in which I was quit literally ripped into another dimension with no memory of who or what I was. I feel that since I came out of that encounter unscathed it means I can likely handle frightening trips.

And given how mundane I find everyday life by comparison, I'm willing to take the risk because this is what I'd rather be experiencing anyway.

Joturbo said:
Wow....bit shocked by this because I've never taken any drug apart from drink and I've seen first hand how they can mess you up big time. Maybe just a bit of a dinosaur but just my opinion.;)

It's ironic you say that because I think alcohol is one of the worst drugs on the planet.

Paraiyar said:
ardour said:

Like Kamya said, the research that is available on this subject doesn't seem to lean in that direction. Also, my first psychedelic experience was terrifying ego death from Salvia Divinorum in which I was quit literally ripped into another dimension with no memory of who or what I was. I feel that since I came out of that encounter unscathed it means I can likely handle frightening trips.

And given how mundane I find everyday life by comparison, I'm willing to take the risk because this is what I'd rather be experiencing anyway.

Joturbo said:

It's ironic you say that because I think alcohol is one of the worst drugs on the planet.

Yes you could be right.But after my experience with young teenagers with pressure to fit in with their peer groups it's obvious why drink is legal and drugs are strictly controlled.I think you just have to see how it effects their every day lives.It's all about getting the money to buy them and completely screws up their ability to study at school .I was just a bit shocked to see your report Parayair.

Joturbo said:
Paraiyar said:
ardour said:

Joturbo said:

Yes you could be right.But after my experience with young teenagers with pressure to fit in with their peer groups it's obvious why drink is legal and drugs are strictly controlled.I think you just have to see how it effects their every day lives.It's all about getting the money to buy them and completely screws up their ability to study at school .I was just a bit shocked to see your report Parayair.

There is more and more emerging evidence that alcohol is harder on the brain than cannabis is:

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-02-cannabinoids-easier-brain-booze.html

Users of psychedelic drugs also have lower rates of violent crime than average:

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/0269881117735685

Drugs being criminalized often makes it easier for teenagers to access them. It's much easier for a teenager to get cannabis for example from a dealer than it would be if it was legal and placed in the hands of sellers that had to follow legal age regulations around who they could and couldn't sell to. Pot legalization doesn't cause higher rates of teenage usage either.

If you aren't already aware of it, I'd suggest that you look up Portugal, a country where all drugs were decriminalized around a decade ago and now has some of the lowest rates of overdoses in the EU.

The fact is that punitive drug laws are relic of an outdated way of thinking and I believe it's only a matter of time before they are totally swept away in Western countries.

I'd also like to add that for me, getting into Cannabis not that long ago has pulled me out of a destructive thought and behavioural process that I'd been stuck in for around a decade. It can really force you to look at yourself and realize how destructive your own behaviour can be. I only wish I'd found it a few years earlier in life, it might have saved me a lot of suffering that I'm still having to reverse right now.

Ok that's fine.I'm not going to read your evidence because I like to go on my first hand experience of drugs.Maybe I'm just to traditional and conservative .Hopefully I'll never see the world that you wish for.Probably best we agree to disagree because drugs I believe are a different animal to drink...a very dangerous one.

Actually, just to be precise, drugs were decriminalized in Portugal, they did not make them legal; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_Portugal#Laws_and_regulations.

It's not quite that. Drugs are still illegal in Portugal, but the penalties were changed from a possible prison sentence into an administrative one (meaning fines, meaning money cost) for those who have more than a week supply. Possession is still a finable offense. Penalties including prison sentences still apply to drug dealers and all the shebang.
I suggest it's the fact that the fines cost a bundle that contributed to the lowering of od rates, because the ability to procure some has remained the same. Not to mention the fact you get to be on the receiving end of an intense intervention therapy plan to eliminate the drug usage. I remember there's a social worker and a psychologist involved, because I read it in the papers back then and I'm not reading that whole wiki thing again without a second coffee LOL! There's also probably the fact tha tpolice enforces a lot less. It's what we're seeing here with marijuana. Lots of cops don't stop you anymore unless you're smoking it and creating a disturbance.

Unlike in Canada, where if current trends continue, we'll see a governement funded plan to sell cannabis at least and make it legal, but only for medicinal purposes. We'll see what comes out of that, but so far there is a plethora of opposition from several health specialists and provincial organisations who urge the governement not to legalize it until people have a better understanding of it's effects. Still a lot of myths among the population, it seems. Enough that the SAAQ (Société d'Assurance Automobile du Quebec, basically the goverment guys who control driving rights) had to post this https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/conduistavie/alcool-drogue/cannabis-nuit-conduite/ as a reminder to people, who claim that smoking marijuana has no effect on driving faculties. Which is scientifically false.
Although it's a minor issue to me, marijuanna is by far a lesser problem right now for provincial police than GHB is, when it comes to consuming of drugs while driving.

Anyway, sorry. I tend to stay away from this debate because I have, and I admit that, preconceived notions about drug-use (I wanted to be a cop :D). I personally believe however, that everyone is entitled to whatever they want and if that entails having 12 lines of coke each night, fine by me, as long as they don't give me some or hold me at gunpoint for the money to it (which has happened). But it's not the first time I've heard spoken of Portugal and just wanted to point out to say drugs are decriminalized there is not completely accurate. Not in the sense that you can smoke a blunt on Main Street and no one will look twice.

I just think that governements are starting to realize that hitting someone's wallet works a lot better than jail time. It used to be that way in Montreal with alcohol; people walking around town with a bottle of booze in a brown bag would ALWAYS pick to spend the night in a cell. Once that stopped and they issued a 300 dollar fine instead, 'lo and behold, amounts of people arrested for public drunkedness dropped like a rock.

Still. I've heard 'shrooms and acid to be a lesser evil than some of the more hardcore drugs. I don't have a particular problem with that if it helps people. Most people who do those anyway, unlike say GHB or Cocaine or Heroine, have shown themselves over the years to be responsible users, if statistics are any indication.
And I've very impressed by your little report lol. With the amount of imagination I have, I couldn't try that, it'd kill me. Way back when I did some marij and it didn't do anything for me, whereas I find a bit too much liking to booze, enough that I don't drink anymore save maybe once a year. So I'll have to steer clear of all the rest, because I'll get hooked in four seconds FLAT lol.

EDIT: Hehe, found this, if you want to laugh. Here'S the drug problem and how to fight it LOL!
www.scientologyhandbook.org/drugs/sh7_1.htm
Funny how their solution to the problem is "buy our books" :D

Joturbo said:
Ok that's fine.I'm not going to read your evidence because I like to go on my first hand experience of drugs.

Ignorant reasoning like this this is the real problem plaguing society at the moment IMO =P. What drugs specifically are you talking about here?

It's interesting that you're lumping all drugs in together as basically the same one evil thing and then also at the same time making a special exception for your own personal drug of choice. Where I live your special drug actually is also not allowed for people under 21 and it's pretty regulated.

It's also worth noting that para isn't a child.  Also I doubt he's going around worrying about getting money just to buy drugs. Especially not for cannabis/ mushrooms. Mostly due to the fact that they can be grown very easily or bought very cheaply. Also, the fact that they aren't nearly as addictive as most other types of drugs (if at all). I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that your first hand experience with these is actually very minimal and you probably SHOULD do some reading.

It's fine to think the way that you do and have the opinions that you have but just be aware of how easily that position is to tear apart. And you're right, for positions like that, agreeing to disagree is about the best outcome you can really hope for.

Hi Kamya your assumption is wrong.....wait until so one close to you is badly effected by drugs then come back and push your pro drugs devils advocate argument............

Is there anyone in the world who can say they don't know someone that has or has had a drug problem?

I don't have an issue with whoever using drugs. Have at it, I can't stop you. However, it almost seems like you are promoting it and if it's as terrifying as you said, why would you want to do it? Wouldn't it be easier to just to be a thrill seeker or something?

Joturbo said:
Hi Kamya your assumption is wrong.....wait until so one close to you is badly effected by drugs then come back and push your pro drugs devils advocate argument............

I have had people close to me die from drug use. But, they definitely weren't just smoking weed or doing mushrooms.

So, again I ask, what drugs specifically are we talking about here? Do they have anything to do with the topic or are you just lumping all drugs together and making blanket statements here?

Latest posts

Back