Podcasts

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tealeaf

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten into these as a form of entertainment? Any recommendations?

I've tried:

• Rabbits - Fictional mystery podcast.
  • Song Exploder - Analyzing individual songs.
  • MogTalk - Podcast for Final Fantasy XIV game.

The only one I listen to regularly is Faculty of Horror. Basically, two horror journalists examine the themes in prominent horror movies (the religious overtones of Hellraiser, the feminism in the Alien franchise). Even though the hosts joke around often, they do offer in-depth analysis on their subjects of discussion.

I used to listen to them all day while driving on the job.

I don't have any lesser known ones that I listen to though. Mostly just stick to the top rated ones. JRE, Tim Ferriss/ Tribe of Mentors, Kevin Rose, Found My Fitness, Radiolab, Hardcore History/ Common Sense, History on Fire, S-Town/ Serial, Freakonomics, Planet Money, Ted Radio Hour, Invisibilia, 99% invisible, Star Talk, DTFH, Guys We messed, Bigger Pockets (real estate investment), dotnetrocks (.net programming stuff), Art of Charm, Startup, Mystery Show (cancelled :( ).

Yeah, you should definitely check out the radiolab podcast, it's all about science, technology and philosophy it's great.

I would also recommend the Cracked podcast and the You Are Not so Smart podcast.

I haven't caught up with any podcasts in a while, but the main one I listen to is Nick Di Paolo's.

When I can, Jim Cornette :D
Big wrestling fan, while I don't watch it anymore, it's funny hearing contemporary stories of the people I used to follow.

Richard_39 said:
Big wrestling fan, while I don't watch it anymore, it's funny hearing contemporary stories of the people I used to follow.

I listen to him, too, but mostly story snippets on YouTube.

VanillaCreme said:
Richard_39 said:

Hehe, that's what I used to do. Sadly, I can't anymore, but once I get web access at home eventually, he's going to come back :D
I particularly like his descriptive adjective that I added to my own personal language database; "he's a shitstain on life" ;-)

I started listening to podcasts only recently. So far haven't had much luck.. found only one I like, for the most part, called "Big Ideas".

I did check already most of the ones mentioned here.. but sadly they didn't manage to catch my attention. Will check the few remaining ones now and let you know if your recommendations helped :)

Tealeaf said:
Has anyone gotten into these as a form of entertainment? Any recommendations?

I've tried:

• Rabbits - Fictional mystery podcast.
  • Song Exploder - Analyzing individual songs.
  • MogTalk - Podcast for Final Fantasy XIV game.

Only the ones that are relevant to my interests. I saw one featuring Kenny Hotz from Kenny vs Spenny and the only other one I like is the absolutely sarcastic as hell one from Redlettermedia, where they mock such 'nerd podcasts' the whole way through:
[video=youtube]

VanillaCreme said:
Richard_39 said:

He’s such a piece of honeysuckle. He made numerous threats to Vince Russo and even had to put a restraining order on him because he was was going to send people over to his house to care of hin and his family. I get it if Jim doesn’t like him as a person but cmon did he deserve to receive death threats to him, his wife, and his kids?But at least TNA did the right thing and had Cornette arrested in 2009 for leaving  threatening voice mails towards him.

Latest posts

Back