Rant about nasty people

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doge

Reaction score
I was just reminded of the people I lived with 3 years ago through renting and it makes me sick to think back to how they acted abusively and tourmented me. They belittled me continously and made me feel unsafs so I either stayed in my room or spent intense amounts of time in the library, at clubs or just outside generally. They always had something nasty to say but never positive. I would usually do stuff late in the evening 1pm and stuff just to avoid them or early in the morning. And in the end we fought over the deposit because apparently that was my fault.
It was the first time I truly felt anger and its affected me till this day. I thought most people were nice till I met these people though to be fair not everyone was awful i guess..  I wished I sued them or something.

Trust me, it would probably have been an unfulfilling type of vengeance.
A long long time ago, I was kind of the same. Bit naive, I really believed most people were good. Sadly I don't believe that anymore. In fact, I had a course in security long ago where our instructor told us about a study (this was like, 15 years ago, so don't tell me where in the blue blazes he got it or his facts at, or if it's even accurate, I don't remember lol, but it stuck with me) which states that they apparently made tests on honesty about the world, on stealing and such and the conclusions apparently were; 10% of people are inherently good, benevolent, kind, etc. 10% are inherently evil, such as the professional murderers, career criminals, etc. The remaining 80% are neither...but will commit evil acts if they can get away with it without negative repercussions to them.
Now, when I initially had that course, I was skeptic. But in the last 20 years I've experienced a lot and it more or less holds true. Sadly. I hope it gets better.

Anyway, the best thing ou can do, as hard as it may be, is to not let it affect you and not be like that today. Be a better person than they are by not being like that yourself. I have found that both good and evil are, in fact, contagious; spreading it around has a big change of infecting those you come in contact with, especially if they are younger.
So spread the good, my friend. Nevermind the negative people, try to steer towards better sky.

Richard_39 said:
Trust me, it would probably have been an unfulfilling type of vengeance.
A long long time ago, I was kind of the same. Bit naive, I really believed most people were good. Sadly I don't believe that anymore. In fact, I had a course in security long ago where our instructor told us about a study (this was like, 15 years ago, so don't tell me where in the blue blazes he got it or his facts at, or if it's even accurate, I don't remember lol, but it stuck with me) which states that they apparently made tests on honesty about the world, on stealing and such and the conclusions apparently were; 10% of people are inherently good, benevolent, kind, etc. 10% are inherently evil, such as the professional murderers, career criminals, etc. The remaining 80% are neither...but will commit evil acts if they can get away with it without negative repercussions to them.
Now, when I initially had that course, I was skeptic. But in the last 20 years I've experienced a lot and it more or less holds true. Sadly. I hope it gets better.

Anyway, the best thing ou can do, as hard as it may be, is to not let it affect you and not be like that today. Be a better person than they are by not being like that yourself. I have found that both good and evil are, in fact, contagious; spreading it around has a big change of infecting those you come in contact with, especially if they are younger.
So spread the good, my friend. Nevermind the negative people, try to steer towards better sky.

Mm yea, a lot of people think they can get away with nasty stuff if no one is looking ;p Or they don't show basic respect for others unless they feel like they are forced to. Which is kinda sad but life eh.
I probs would have got nothing from it except money if it was even worth it I mean those people were poor anyway . Tbh I just had a bad moment this morning,
It's just like instilled a sense of paranoia into me that is only slowly fading away, at its worst it felt like these people were still watching and judging me all the time after I left (not that they ever were doing that, but it really felt like it :/).
I try to be positive and the thing that urked me the most is that I was always positive towards these people. But yea I try my best but when anything slightly similar happens it makes me either angry or sad as i still have that emotional pattern from the past. Anyway thanks. I have some what got better but I just wished it never happened to begin with. At least I removed these people from FB XP

There are a lot of bad people out there that will go out of their way to make you feel like less than trash.

It should bring you solace that usually such behavior indicated grave unhappiness in their own life but honestly, that fact doesn't help me at all.

Latest posts

Back