Cities: Skylines or Simcity

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YourAmigo2017

Reaction score
Guys,

For days now I am debating which game to buy....

Any recommendations? I'll appreciate it.
cool.gif

thanks!
wink.gif

My hubby bought Skylines for the PS4 - he enjoyed it for a while, but soon got bored wiith it. He found there wasn't enough control in the game. Example: imagine one of your houses is on fire - there's no way to click on that house and send the fire department to put it out. It's a completely random process. Same with crime/police, funeral homes and a lot of the city infrastructure. The fun part of a city building game is controlling the city and making sure the citizens are happy - this game took away a large chuck of the control and in the process, a large chunk of the enjoyment.

ringwood said:
My hubby bought Skylines for the PS4 - he enjoyed it for a while, but soon got bored wiith it. He found there wasn't enough control in the game. Example: imagine one of your houses is on fire - there's no way to click on that house and send the fire department to put it out. It's a completely random process. Same with crime/police, funeral homes and a lot of the city infrastructure. The fun part of a city building game is controlling the city and making sure the citizens are happy - this game took away a large chuck of the control and in the process, a large chunk of the enjoyment.

thanks for your reply I'm still looking to see any other options like some people say TROPICO 6 should be very good.

Neither of them are perfect, but I'd much rather have Cities: Skylines than the latest iteration of Sim City. I personally prefer Planet Coaster to either of them, but it suffers from it's own set of problems and it's management options are limited.

thanks for your feedback, have you heard of this new survival game coming up "FROSTPUNK" go youtube it, it looks really good and fun!!

Cities Skylines definitely.
First of all, the level of control in building the city is more in Cities Skylines. Especially the roads, drainage, etc. You also have more than one districts. It has mod support and most importantly its not an EA game 😂😂😂

M_also_lonely said:
Cities Skylines definitely.
First of all, the level of control in building the city is more in Cities Skylines. Especially the roads, drainage, etc. You also have more than one districts. It has mod support and most importantly its not an EA game 😂😂😂

Thank you M_also_lonely.  What about Tropico 5 or 6

Depends. If you want to play campaigns, go for Tropico games. There are no campaigns in Skylines, so it might get boring for you. But if you love the art of designing and building a city, then skylines. Skylines is more 'simulation' themed than Tropico. I haven't played Tropico 5, but have watched a lot of its gameplays. A lot of people say that 4 is better than 5. I am not sure about it though.

I feel like Cities : Skylines is more true to SimCity's roots than SimCity itself lol. If that makes any sense. The last few versions of SimCity has been crap imo. If you've always enjoyed SimCity in the past, especially 2000 (like myself). Then, I'd say go with Skylines.

Latest posts

Back