Time...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterLonely

Reaction score
It's what I seem to have an abundance of, I don't know how to spend it, everything is a chore, everything is a drag... I can't help but feel every minute is another minute wasted, and I've wasted years of minutes already, at least it's one minute less I'll have in front of me I guess.

It's not like I don't try, I do, and sometimes I think I'm getting somewhere, and then things change again and I realize all the effort I put in turned to nothing, the minutes get added to the pile of waste...

I wished I could stop wasting time, but the reality is I'm trying not to so hard, it's not always up to me...

I'm not sure what you put effort into, but it all lies in how to look at it. Is it a waste of time to go to college and learn something new? No, learning is never a waste of time. Is it a waste of time to play minecraft or other video games? No, because you are doing something for yourself, something that you enjoy. Is it a waste of time to talk in a chat room full of what is basically strangers online? No, because you are conversing, you are learning social skills (if you need help with that), you are venting or releasing frustration, you are not being as alone as you might be if you were talking to no one.

So yeah, very little in this life is a waste of time. You just have to figure out what it is you are really wanting to do and do it. No, it might not be able to be done immediately, but you can plan and take the time to make sure it will be great while you wait for the time.

I feel you. I get that way from time to time. I just go to bed because there is nothing to do. It’s like, there are things to do, but it’s too exhausting to even want to do them.

Nicolelt said:
I feel you. I get that way from time to time. I just go to bed because there is nothing to do. It’s like, there are things to do, but it’s too exhausting to even want to do them.

I just don't enjoy doing anything on my own lately, I work out, can happily go for a run on my own or do my cleaning, but sometimes even making proper dinner after work feels like more effort than it's worth. I force myself then, because luckily I have time :p

MisterLonely said:
Nicolelt said:

I just don't enjoy doing anything on my own lately, I work out, can happily go for a run on my own or do my cleaning, but sometimes even making proper dinner after work feels like more effort than it's worth. I force myself then, because luckily I have time :p

Yep! I really don't even know how I get out of them. It kinda just happens.

One day I was like...I am tired of being depressed...I am going to learn something new! So I went to hobby lobby, got a loom, and learned how to loom knit. It helped.

Hobbies definitely have their benefits.

I took up pyrography last year which helped in several ways. It gave me a focus and something to do, I created ok-ish (I'm no artist, lol) looking pieces, but burning stuff is also a great stress reliever too, lol.

PurpleStar said:

I took up pyrography last year which helped in several ways. It gave me a focus and something to do, I created ok-ish (I'm no artist, lol) looking pieces, but burning stuff is also a great stress reliever too, lol.

That sounds amazing! Burning stuff for art!

Nicolelt said:
PurpleStar said:

That sounds amazing! Burning stuff for art!

I have vast experience from my childhood in burning stuff, I wouldn't call it art... though it was quite beautiful :)

Latest posts

Back