Feeling lost in life, tired of it

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Augusto

Reaction score
For a long time I feel that I'm lost in life; I'm 30, but I still can't find any real meaning in it, no matter what I d, what I try, explore, or experience. Even ore - I started to see the world as very grim place, with no real meaning, and with ordinary people using various substitutes, like religion, or patriotism, or love, or just some simple pleasures from watching soccer to having sex, to overcome this emptiness and get some stimuli.

And in such a word I see no place for myself. I don't like it much, don't truly associate myself with any nationality or country, don't have nobody to love, and generally wonder what am I supposed to do here. I'm really lost. I feel, like I'm convinced to live, if you understand it.

I tried to follow all recommendations which I found, but nothing works. Doing something that brings some small enjoyment right now doesn't change big picture. I failed to find goals which can be realistically achieved by a man and which interest me, and have little desire to get into battles which are lost from the beginning, had too much of those already.

Can't say I ever fit well into modern society, but the more I live, the more I feel detached from it. I wish I live 100 years before; everythign was muchc more simpel back then, people were much more community-oriented and it was a "personal" world, in contrast with modern atomized society of individualists, where majority has no interests but money. Honor, pride? Those are lost. Our civilizaton took the wrong way, thanks to liberal democracies. Sold honor for cash, well done.

I have no idea what else I can do about this all. But I'll be glad if somebody might have them, anything.

I started to see the world as very grim place, with no real meaning, and with ordinary people using various substitutes, like religion, or patriotism, or love, or just some simple pleasures from watching soccer to having sex, to overcome this emptiness and get some stimuli.
........ don't have nobody to love

Not having is different from not wanting, how many of those substitutes would become meaningful when you had someone to love to join you in them?

I personally wouldn't want to live 100 years ago, it I wouldn't mind living in the 70's or 80's

MisterLonely said:
I started to see the world as very grim place, with no real meaning, and with ordinary people using various substitutes, like religion, or patriotism, or love, or just some simple pleasures from watching soccer to having sex, to overcome this emptiness and get some stimuli.
........ don't have nobody to love

Not having is different from not wanting, how many of those substitutes would become meaningful when you had someone to love to join you in them?

I personally wouldn't want to live 100 years ago, it I wouldn't mind living in the 70's or 80's

When I have? Zero.
Nothing of those will get more meaning if for some reason I will feel better with one particular person, than with others. I had a girlfriend for several years, and it change nothing in my life or views.

Well, I won't mind 200-300 years ago as well. Or some 1920s in Europe. Hot time! But it's nothing but a daydreaming now. Those times cannot be returned.

Hey Augusto, I can very much relate. Been feeling quite lost myself lately and feel the need to give up more often but I try to push myself to get up most days.

Sorry to hear you're feeling low. I really hope that you'll find something to pull you up soon. Otherwise, I'm on the other side of the boat if you need me. *hugs*

ladyforsaken said:
Hey Augusto, I can very much relate. Been feeling quite lost myself lately and feel the need to give up more often but I try to push myself to get up most days.

Sorry to hear you're feeling low. I really hope that you'll find something to pull you up soon. Otherwise, I'm on the other side of the boat if you need me. *hugs*

Thank you! Being so lost is terrible; I'm sorry you have this experience as well :-(

I'm trying to find some solution, but for now it all was in vain.

I'm 27 and I know the feeling man. They tell you to find a career and work hard so you can do the things you want in life but by the time you can do them, you're too old.

I just don't want this life to be it, I want something beyond it.

Psychedelics are my current solution not that I'm doing them frequently.

Paraiyar said:
I'm 27 and I know the feeling man. They tell you to find a career and work hard so you can do the things you want in life but by the time you can do them, you're too old.

Thanks for your support!

It's really hard with life. I can't say much more now, but I feel how hard is your life too.

Btw, did you try to actually follow your dreams, and don't give a **** what others say about it?

Augusto said:
Paraiyar said:

Thanks for your support!

It's really hard with life. I can't say much more now, but I feel how hard is your life too.

Btw, did you try to actually follow your dreams, and don't give a **** what others say about it?

It's complicated. Part of me would really like to be a fulltime musician but I feel it would be impossible to survive whilst still being able to play the music I want.

Another part of me really likes International Relations even if my understanding of it isn't the best and another part of me wants to filter it out altogether.

So right now I'm doing an IT degree and I'm not totally convinced it's for me.

Life sure has got strange...

There is nothing to be achieved. You don't own anything, nothing is yours. Everything you think is yours, belongs to this world. What can you take away? Your money? Your prestige? Your family? What? When you leave, everything will have to be dropped here, because it belongs to the world, not to you. So there is nothing to be achieved, its not yours anyway. Realize this truth.

I tried to follow all recommendations which I found, but nothing works.
but still don't get the hint?

Life is just an opportunity to witness existence. And you are a witness, nothing more. Live life as a witness, learn through life and death.

Most importantly, stop asking others, because there is no need. You have all the tools inbuilt to find answers (that's why all the tools begin with the name 'in', such as instinct, intellect, intuition, intelligence, etc.). They are within you. Others don't know your life, how can they even recommend you?
"Intuition" = inner teacher, it knows the right path, you and others don't. What you think is not the right path. You might think that the path of fame is the right path, or the path of xyz is the right path. And yes, you can choose to go on that path, and maybe you will succeed in 'achieving' those goals. Maybe everyone will sing songs of your glory, maybe there will be religions or political parties or nations after your name. But achieving goals isn't the key to a fulfilled life. You'll see a lot of successful people living and dying in misery. What happened?

The only true path is the path of intuition, it is the Google Maps of life.
It is so supreme, that it knows everything, nothing less.

Consider this:
Suppose even if you are a billionaire teenager and want to decide what you want to do with life, and you gather all the experts in fields of astrology, technology, psychology, politics, health, etc. to come up with a path for your life. And they sit for a year and debate, discuss and come up with a precise path for your life with all the obstacles and steps on how to tackle them with maximum efficiency.

But your intuition is showing you a different path than that.... Maybe it contradicts everything that every expert ever said.
The path of experts will make you the most renowned, successful and respected person in human history. But the path of your intuition may not. Maybe no one will ever come to know you.
But still, go with the path of your intuition.
Then it will be a fulfilling journey, of ups and downs obviously, but trust your intuition because you can't master it. You will be living life, for real. I promise.

You have more than you think you do, you have every tool to live life, every tool, thus you have life. People just stop at the mind and think that mind is the ultimate. Its not. You have far more superior tools with you, use them. If they are supreme than you, then they are supreme than other humans. How can others tell you better how to live and what to do?
No advice is needed from others, NONE.

Augusto said:
Paraiyar said:

Thanks for your support!

Well, last time we had a chat on the subject, I figured things were looking up ;-)

Of course it's hard. Nothing worth doing is easy.

Always follow what you feel is right. Sure, it might not be the best thing, wisest or brightest thing, but in the end, 60 years from now, you'll be able to sing it like Paul Anka did. That's what matters, because people are mostly fleeting things in our lives, most of them we won't see 5 years from now.

Go for broke. If you can do it, DO IT.

Thanks all of you, but I jsut cannot tolerate this life anymore.
I couldn't even change career, away from nasty IT, computers and corporations.
I feel like it's all over for me. Not literally, but close.
What I want to do is not available for me, no matter how hard I try.

I don't believe that.
You know when something's over? When you stop breathing. It might get harder, you might get blocked, things may be impossible at the moment but not be so at a later time. But I believe in the old adage if there's a will, there's a way. That's the ONLY reason I'm still alive right now.
You know, I joined a men's mental health group not long ago and we were talking about that yesterday. Or rather, suicide, in general.
When it came to my turn and they asked me if I ever though about it, I said yes, every day, for the last 25 years of a very shitty life. When I explained to them all the details, they asked me why I never killed myself, because some of them, many of them, though the same. One tried to do it last week.
I replied I CANNOT.
It's simply not an option. It's not a matter of conviction, or confidence and myself, or anything of the like. I simply cannot. I have responsibilities that prevent me from doing so and the pain my disapearance would cause, would simply be greater than my relief at not suffering anymore. It's not a question of being strong enough to tolerate this life, I'm not stronger than anyone else, you might very well be much, much stronger than me. But that tolerance is an obligation.

I know you're probably discouraged right now and I know the obstacles might seem unsurmountable. What I DO know is that giving up will not solve your problems, and that they can get solved, if not immediately, over more time, or through a different path. 'course, you could call it metaphysical gunk, I called it as much about 9 months ago. But I'm forced to agree with it now. Just give yourself a period of rest if it will help, then try again, but do not lose faith. In yourself or in your dreams.

I hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back