Sports

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Joturbo

Hoping this one won't get a nulll points.....  :p

Just wondered what sports the members all enjoy or used to take part in at school work social with friends etc when not on the net or before it took over.

I played a fair bit of tennis...pool down the pub...occasional office football and table tennis but just the gym now when I can motivate myself.

Anyone for mixed volleyball on the beach ;)

Also just seen another thread...does anyone really hate sports???

I'll get my Australian citizenship stripped for saying this, but I've never been remotely interested in sport. The last time I was on a playing field was when I was forced to in high school, and I walked away swearing to never set foot on one again. At 47, I've kept my word. This isn't an anti-sport thing - a lot of people get a lot of pleasure from it. It's just for me.

The exception is cricket. I can watch that, but only because it's beautiful. A good international Test match is like art. And the best part is, a Test goes for up to five days, and there is hours of what looks like - to people from non-cricketing countries - blokes standing around doing nothing, but there is incredible tension in the air, then all hell can break loose in a moment. The beauty of this is that you don't have to be glued to the TV. You can go away and do other stuff, then come rushing into the room when you hear the sudden noise of the crowd.

Funny that...had to go to a Rugby mad high school...everyone i tackled just seemed bigger than me but you had to take part   only alternative being handball  or sicknote ;)
Thanks for the input Loaded....

Many people don't class it as a "Sport" but I used to play a lot of Snooker, up until the point that I no longer had time due to work hours. That goes for most things.

I haven't been all that "sporty" over the last few years, but I used to play volleyball and basketball.  Shockingly, I was a cheerleader in high school. Also used to play softball.  
Wouldn't mind getting back into volleyball, though.

Thanks 9006 ....could never get the hang of snooker but my father played alot and had a frame against Jimmy White apparently.Also Real Callie don't worry probably be all doing sports  on line soon ...Just seen a programme with F1 race simulator games where you can win up to a £100,000   :p

Anyone else for mixed volleyball .....me and Real Callie are up for it???

Jently said:
Sport.  Wozzat???

It's ok no worries just make sure you get a round in for when we get off the beach....thanks :)

Note;I promise not to answer any more posts :club: away next week so just getting a few in.....

I used to love playing netball and basketball, and was quite good at both once upon a time.
Did play tennis for a while in secondary school too.

The only sport I particularly enjoy watching is rugby (currently following the six nations)

I DETEST sports.
...watching them lol. I could never get behind the whole idea of professional sports on television. I don't get excited when the Canadiens are playing. If they ever win the Stanley Cup (which kind of looks unlikely before the destruction of planet Earth, but digressing here), I won't say "WE won!". Because we haven't. A team of multicultural millionnaires 15 years younger than me won it and I wasn't on the team. Same for any other sport.

That being said, the sports themselves I totally LOVE playing. I've played baseball in a league until I was 20, played the occasional game of Rugby, soccer, American football, volleyball, tennis, etc. I used to do archery competitions, although I'm probably rusty, I used to be able to put two arrows in an apple over your head (not that I'd try, that'd be stupid). I also trained for a few months as a pro-wrestler until I tore my pectoral muscles. It was fun, but you have to be TOUGH AS NAILS to be able to do that job. I like to believe I used to be, but not anymore.
I also did some Muy Thai, some Karate in college and wanted to try my hand at Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu but lack the money to take classes. I also can't make an educated guess as to a good teacher, I don't want some wash out off the street, I want "Mr. Myagi" ;-)
Only thing I haven't tried are motorized sports, like ski-doo, motocross, etc. Honestly I'm not much of a vehicule guy, don't see it as much of a sport. Golf neither.

Thanks Richard sounds like you must have been pretty hot at baseball considering you played league did you hit many home runs sorry I'm english  forgive me if a stupid question :club: ...Just wonder if you are still doing any sport.Likewise Purple thanks for responding I know the buzz you get loving a sport have you ever thought of playing again.I'm taking up walking football ...great for stamina free zones like myself .l read recently of three gents in there late eighties in Northern Ireland who still do surfing so it's never too late.

Anyway thanks for replying :)

Joturbo said:
Thanks Richard sounds like you must have been pretty hot at baseball considering you played league did you hit many home runs sorry I'm english  forgive me if a stupid question :club: ...Just wonder if you are still doing any sport.Likewise Purple thanks for responding I know the buzz you get loving a sport have you ever thought of playing again.I'm taking up walking football ...great for stamina free zones like myself .l read recently of three gents in there late eighties in Northern Ireland who still do surfing so it's never too late.

Sadly, not anymore. I work out in the mornings just to keep in shape, but not much. Honestly, don't have much heart (or funds) for it these days. In the summer I bike a lot, to and from work, maybe 2 hours total a day, sometimes on the weekends too and I play outside with the kids when we have time. But beyond that, I'm growing older and sedentary lol.
I do have plans to start the gym again,have had those for a long time, but lack funds and security to do it. I fear my benching 300 pound days are behind me again.

Joturbo said:

It's not something I've really had a lot of time for the last few years, but there's lots changing at the moment, so who knows, maybe.

I cannot say that I really hate sports but I certainly dislike it.

When I was a kid I played soccer, I dreamt about professional career as a footballer but I never could achieve it.
Even now I can feel sadness when I think about soccer: I loved it too much but had no chance to express myself through it.

When I was 19 years old I started karate kyokushinkai and spent several years in hard training.

Unfortunately, my health became worse after my 25. So I left sports.

Now I realize that I wasted so much time and energy in vain. It was senseless, useless, almost childish.

I am disappointed in sports. I lost my health and energy but got nothing.

I don't like sports. Anyone who knows me a bit will think this is funny, but I'm serious.

I have always loved sports. The competition, the excitement, the teamwork(sometimes) with your mates. I love it all.

That being said, I haven't played that many sports myself. Just some volley and basket ball in highschool, I also played football but I was terrible at it😅. At 22 I started boxing(which was great). Then, more recently, I had a taster session or two of american football and krav-maga.

Now its all about gym and fitness, tryna to burn fat and put on mass.

I never liked watching sports though.

Latest posts

Back