New guy introduction

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Everwinter

Reaction score
Hey all, I just joined on here. You can call me Everwinter, obviously not my real name but I've used it for so long I can't remember where it came from. I'm 21 years old, male, and in Oregon in the United States. I'm extremely shy, and have a very hard time meeting new people, I usually get really nervous just going to the grocery store. I moved away from home almost three years ago now to start college. I lived with a roommate until this year, an old High School friend. He moved away last year though, so I'm living alone now. In all that time I have yet to make any friends here and it seems extremely lonely, and I take a bus up to visit my family (its only about an hour away) every weekend, and at this point its really the only high point in my life. Frankly it feels harder and harder to come back here every week afterwards. Now that my only friend here moved away I've been feeling way more depressed an isolated and I often find myself becoming more nervous about going outside or dealing with anything than I did before, and I guess I just feel lost at this point.

Welcome then :D tell us something more about you, like your interests, hobbies etc :D I used to go at university too but I run out of money and then I have chosen to work. You can talk with us, is still a starting point to overcome anxiety

Everwinter, at 21 yrs. old and in college is not the time for feeling lost and anxious about going outside or forming connections with people. Whatever you do make your life work for you where you are and don't start retreating or giving up by going back to a previous comfort zone with your family.
If your college has a psychological counseling center make an appointment with one of the counselors....there might be a limit on how many sessions they'll meet with you but it'll be a useful and helpful sounding board for your issues. Ask about group therapy too.....those meetings with the same peer group every week are probably available long term. And put any stigma about "psychological counseling" away. It's the healthy ones who get their ass in therapy......
If counseling isn't available I'd encourage you to look for some other structured and organized activity that puts you in regular contact with people.
And if things don't work for you right away, don't quit. Come back to this site and let us know how things are going.

Welcome to ALL.

Definitely a nice name (as long as you like winter that is. But if not just add a 'N' and everything's rosy again).

Welcome. You always have friends here! This might seem like a weird idea, but hey, what have you go to lose...Have you considered volunteering somewhere near your college during your free time? Maybe an animal shelter...or a thrift shop? The good thing about volunteering is no one expects anything extraordinary from you and are usually glad just to see a friendly face. Maybe this could be a way to not only help the less fortunate but also a way for you to meet a friend or two. Volunteering can be very uplifting, and might be just what you need to keep you going through this hard phase of your life.

Hi, Everwinter. I promise you that that feeling of yours will pass. Just believe and stay positive.

How's it going, guys? Warren here. I'm from Philippines and I was actually looking for someone to talk to on Skype for years but wasn't expecting, and it's mainly to improve my English.

I'm into gaming, online chess, tv shows, movies... I freelance so I got time; if anyone's up for a talk and doesn't mind that English is not my native tongue, please feel free to send me a message! Also, I would love to have a chess match online with anyone.

Hi, Wonderlander here. Sorry to hear about your problems, but we're here for you. That's why this forum exists. Anytime you need to talk, post me.

Welcome! If you ever need to chat, I would love to pick your brain about Oregon sometime ^-^;.

Latest posts

Back