Seeing posts about abuse

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, on facebook you may see the local news or just articles that are in some way about abuse.
I just came across a post about a man who was recorded by his teenage next door neighbor. The kids father turned the video into police and are looking to rescue to puppy.

In the post, everyone is commenting on the abuser. He is a piece of honeysuckle... 100%. I believe that goes without saying. He may have been a victim to abuse as well but that excuse is complete bullshit.

I posted this here because seeing those posts put me in a complete funk. It upsets me that physical abuse is still a ******* problem. It upsets me that I can only do so much (which is next to nothing) to stop it.

but my advise for those who see the posts and want to comment... dont forget the rescuers! There is a reason that person or animal's situation is being recognized... HOPEFULLY it is that the person or animal is free from the abuser and there is likely a person behind it. Praise them! Thank them! The only attention you should give to the abuser is a political movement for stricter laws.

I personally believe an eye for an eye.... half these a**holes get off too easy.

It physically upsets me to see animals being mistreated and abused. It's one of those things that I don't even want to have the stomach to watch because it's just too much for me. 
In regards to humans it can be a little more complex than what it seems. It's always awful to exert your power over the weak like some kind of emotional dictator and all of those who choose that path most certainly should face harsh consequences for what they've done, but eye for an eye is a bit misguided, in my opinion.

I know abusive people tend to be people who were abused. It's a cycle.. but people do override that and break the cycle. There are plenty of people who i know have been severely abused and cannot stand the thought of ever doing that to their children.

At some point we have to recognize that some people will never be able or really care to make up for the bad theyve done.

How would you say an eye for an eye is misguided?

TheRealCallie said:
Two wrongs don't make a right.

This. An eye for an eye just perpetuates the cycle. I think it's really misguided to normalize violence, even if for the sake of righteousness.

Latest posts

Back