How often do you think the world is against you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think the whole world is against me. I do think that the odds are not in my favor a lot of the time...(hmm didn't mean to go hunger games but ok). What are you actually asking for here?

I guess I wanted to be able to gauge myself.
You put it in words that I can use to be rational.
Thank you.

I don't feel like the world is against me, but I feel like I was wildly misinformed about the nature of relationships and not given much except catchphrases to help make sense of life.

35 years. Minimum.
I can't really list examples. It'll take 200 pages at least.

One quick example is I'm trying to better my life and it seems "the stars" don't want it to happen. Failiure after failiure.

I don't feel the world is against me at all. If honeysuckle doesn't go my way, I figure out where I went wrong and I try it again. Yeah, sometimes it takes a while to finally get it right, but it's still on me. I can't blame anyone but myself if things don't turn out exactly how I want them.
Doesn't do any good to blame others or the entire world, so I don't. I don't really blame anything.

"It happened, you can't change it, it is what it is, be sad for a moment, regroup, get your ass back out there" is basically my motto these days.

I'm not a religious person, but there has to be some merit in that "God doesn't give us more than we can handle" and hopefully when we die we get reincarnated as something cool like a dolphin :)

I don't think the world is against me because that seems to me kind of egoistic. However recently I have had feelings like maybe life isn't so fair after all.

Since last thursday I figure if there's a God in the sky he has a personal vendetta against me and wants me to blow my brains out. He sure is doing a fine job convincing me of it too.

I used to think this when I was younger, but now I think more of "Can I handle the world" vs "It's completely against me". That kind of thinking is more of a complex of sorts that I don't think is a very good one to have.

I don't think the world is working against me, but there certainly are people who work against certain things I am working toward. That causes conflict. It's not a conspiracy of the world. A few of them might be in cahoots sometimes though. I think generally, we all just work toward what is best for ourselves and that puts us at odds with others.

I guess the lesson for me is that I need to surround myself with people who are working toward the same mission I am.

Latest posts

Back