Lexapro

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Bones

Reaction score
I talk to a therapist every two or three weeks. He suggested medication for depression and anxiety. I made the appointment and was prescribed lexapro 10 mg to start. After two weeks I was walking up, wide awake at 2am, 3am. I don't get up for work until 5am. This only made me more anxious. I called and told the doctor, he said cut down to 5mg for awhile but I knocked it off completely. I'm feeling Soo much better although still not good. Some side effects I've read about apply to me, not worth it. I've tried several medications over the last so many years and the anxiety when I wake is just too overwhelming. To be honest I don't think they know their ass from a hole in the ground with these SSRI inhibitors or whatever they are called. The claims are quite vague and the potential for psychological and physical damage are tremendous. That's just where I'm at right now. I have an appointment on Friday. He called today and asked if I knocked down to 5mg like he suggested. I said yes cause I'm at work and couldn't get into it. Friday I'll tell him the truth. Honestly from experience of myself and a few other people I'm feeling like these people are just peddling crap. I feel let down cause it didn't work. My brother swears by it but that's him not me. Feeling pretty **** lonely as usual but trying to keep my head and spirits high. Thanks for Listening !!!
Joe

You generally shouldn't just stop taking meds, because it could cause other side effects that aren't all that great to deal with. I get why you lied to your doc, but maybe next time just don't take the call unless you have time to discuss it.

I have a poor opinion on medication unless you're in a clear psychotic state. I do believe that medication is important but I also believe that many health professionals are in a hurry to prescribe them (gee, I wonder why.... https://www.npr.org/sections/health...ayments-mirror-doctors-brand-name-prescribing).

I would, however, not lie to your doctor. He knows your condition much better than us blokes on the internet.
We have no idea what your personal situation is and your doctor is fristhand to know it more than anyone. So it's very hard to suggest a course of action, but one thing IS for sure, lying to a physician is never a good thing.
If you so will it however, you can inform him you refuse to take said medication. A medical professional is not bound to oblige you to take medications if you inform him of your refusal. Keep that in mind.

As for the drug not working, it might not have had a chance to work yet. They say it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to a month for it to kick in, but the side effects don't sound very fun.
But, there are a lot of drugs that also help with depression and anxiety. It's nothing on you if one doesn't work for you but does for someone else, you just need to try something else, if that's not doing what you want it to. If you don't like the drugs, check into other things to help. Homeopathy, meditation, yoga, exercise, fake it til you make it, etc etc. You just have to keep trying until you find something that works.
But always do it with a medical professional being aware of the situation. Yes, they are pill pushing ******** sometimes, but they also tend to know a bit about what they are talking about.

Some people do well on antidepressants, while others don't. My experience was that I had severe anxiety and was put on an antidepressant and with in days my anxiety was so high I couldby  eat or sleep and my jaw was clenched shut. I halved the dose for another week and then stopped taking it. I swear it took months to feel half way normal again. I now only take supplements for my anxiety and depression. I'd share what I'm taking, but not sure if we are allowed to do that, but there's plenty of information on line.

Thank You you all the replies. I know it's all sound advice, and I did call the office as soon as I got in my car after work to let them know what's going on. I also told them people on the internet were busting my balls for lying. She actually started laughing but she was trying not to LOL. I said I'm glad I could make you laugh today :)  I'm dealing with a little more than usual and I was kind of agitated yesterday. Clogged sewer, problem parents, kids home on spring break, big snow storms making me use time at work. Luxury problems but still a bit more than usual. 
Thank You Again,
Joe

Joey Bones said:
Thank You you all the replies. I know it's all sound advice, and I did call the office as soon as I got in my car after work to let them know what's going on. I also told them people on the internet were busting my balls for lying. She actually started laughing but she was trying not to LOL. I said I'm glad I could make you laugh today :)  I'm dealing with a little more than usual and I was kind of agitated yesterday. Clogged sewer, problem parents, kids home on spring break, big snow storms making me use time at work. Luxury problems but still a bit more than usual. 
Thank You Again,
Joe

Yeah, tell me about it lol.

Well, if you need us internet weirdoes to bust your balls again, let us know ;-)
You did a good thing, though. Life's shitty more often than not, it's all about our outlook. You made her laugh today and yourself too, a step up from a shitty usual day ;-)

(Oh, when the kids are running around too much during spring break, let them know you'll write homework for them and have them do it for a week every time they don't listen to you. They don't need to know it's a bluff and it works lol)

I went to the doctor last Friday and told him what was going on. He wrote me a script for Zoloft. I didn't have it filled. Saturday night I picked up CBD drops. Been using it ever since. It's exactly like everyone says it is. No altered state, no high, just feeling better physically, not taking ibuprofen for my neck (it's an anti inflammatory among other things), sleeping soundly, feeling much more myself normal and much less anxiety. I was really off the charts with anxiety for a few years now. I've been researching it a lot, there is tons of info on it,  relatively new industry. Anyone have experience with this ? 
Thanks
Joe

Joey Bones said:
I went to the doctor last Friday and told him what was going on. He wrote me a script for Zoloft. I didn't have it filled. Saturday night I picked up CBD drops. Been using it ever since. It's exactly like everyone says it is. No altered state, no high, just feeling better physically, not taking ibuprofen for my neck (it's an anti inflammatory among other things), sleeping soundly, feeling much more myself normal and much less anxiety. I was really off the charts with anxiety for a few years now. I've been researching it a lot, there is tons of info on it,  relatively new industry. Anyone have experience with this ? 
Thanks
Joe

I don't have experience with it, but I have researched it, as well.  If it works for you, that's fantastic, but.....have you told your doctor?  Even if you think he's not going to like it, he really should know.

Latest posts

Back