It's near hopeless if you're an average (or less) Iooking guy.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. Maybe if someone that's not like me seems to be attracted, I should pursue that. I'm very conscious of stigma, maybe too much so. But there was something that happened on a dating site that really soured me.

Not personal to me, at least not on purpose. On her profile she said she didn't want to date guys without a car or a job. Sure, that's fine, no skin off my back. Then she said that such guys are useless. I could have reported her for using insulting language in her profile but I didn't. I mean she's not helping herself either. When you spend almost all your description saying what you don't want, and part of it calling people useless, that's not going to increase your success rate.

nibbysaurus said:
TheRealCallie said:
I would date a disabled guy if we were compatible.

So would I

:club: lol

MikeyLE80 said:
Thanks guys. Maybe if someone that's not like me seems to be attracted, I should pursue that. I'm very conscious of stigma, maybe too much so. But there was something that happened on a dating site that really soured me.

Not personal to me, at least not on purpose. On her profile she said she didn't want to date guys without a car or a job. Sure, that's fine, no skin off my back. Then she said that such guys are useless. I could have reported her for using insulting language in her profile but I didn't. I mean she's not helping herself either. When you spend almost all your description saying what you don't want, and part of it calling people useless, that's not going to increase your success rate.

I don't mind if a guy doesn't have a car.  Clearly you know how to get around and unless you live really far away, what's wrong with my car?  
I can somewhat see the job issue, but depending on the circumstances, that wouldn't automatically make me say no to a guy.

TheRealCallie said:
nibbysaurus said:
TheRealCallie said:
I would date a disabled guy if we were compatible.

So would I

:club: lol

MikeyLE80 said:

I don't mind if a guy doesn't have a car.  Clearly you know how to get around and unless you live really far away, what's wrong with my car?  
I can somewhat see the job issue, but depending on the circumstances, that wouldn't automatically make me say no to a guy.
Well kind of. I can get reliable transportation for medical stuff for free. I have a half off bus pass for rides within my county only. The particular agency the pass is for isn't reliable. (I mean who I have to use for non-medical stuff) They failed to get me to college orientation, twice, about 8-10 years ago which resulted in me quitting.

I routinely see people that have to use them waiting and waiting for them.

For me to get a commercial ride to say Cleveland or a suburb would be hundreds of dollars.

The county I live in is large land-wise.  But poor and low population. Which makes dating sites kind of useless even if they weren't already so sucky. Meetups are useless here too.

Maybe I'll find someone, here, but my plan is to go somewhere better if I get the chance.

Latest posts

Back