I have never felt so unloved

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

wallflower79

I changed my phone number to get rid of a stalker. And then I posted on facebook that I changed my number and to message me if you wanted it. I got a total of one message from a friend I know in person, and a comment from someone I have never met in person. I guess that I thought at the very least one of my 35 former roommates would want it. It kinda stings tho. I feel like maybe there is something incompetent about me that people I thought were my friends don't want to keep in touch with me. I guess it must be me, because what else would it be?

The way Facebook is and depending on how many friends someone has or how many people they follow, their feed may be so busy that they didn’t see the post you made. And you have that one friend you know in person who cared enough to want to have your number. I know it’s not a comforting thought but even having just one person responding is better than no one at all? Or maybe you can try reaching out to one of the 35 former roommates. Just message them saying you changed you number if you want to hang out you know the number to call or something like that?

Yeah I'm guessing they didn't even see it. Or they saw it and will remember that you changed your number the next time they want to contact you, and will ask for it then.

I'm on your list and I didn't see the post. Could be true for a lot of people.

If your friends news feeds are anything like mine they probably didn't even see it. It's not like Facebook has any kind of sense to it when it comes to news feeds. You should try tagging your friends who you want to know in your message. That would ensure they get a notification.

MisterLonely said:
I just got the status update post this morning, but I must say I rarely am on facebook.
You are loved hon.

You are on facebook way more than me. :D

Awe , don't feel bad.. I had changed my number and no one cared. Most of my FB friends have 100s of friends and likely don't notice if I post some thing. It does feel bad though

Ever since Facebook changed again, I don't see all that many posts from my friends...which is weird since I thought we were supposed to see more. Then a few days later I will be bombarded with old posts from them.

Yeah, I think that because of low response I get low visibility of my posts probably. I spoke with a friend I know in person today and she said she didn't see it. Oh well. I am getting therapy for my emotional problems. I saw a therapist last Wednesday and I am going once a week and I really like her because she is about more than just talking as if you are friends, which many therapists do, she is instead about pushing you harder and getting down to the nitty gritty, which I am looking forward to.

Also, most of my old roommates are married now, so we don't really hang out anymore because in my religion, it's very common for married couples to stop talking to their single friends for some reason. Also a few are out of state.

Thanks for your concern, guys. I should really log in here more often. ;)

Facebook changed it's algorithym apparently a month or two ago. Seems you often see posts from people you talk often to and miss others. Many friends of mine I never seen anything they post and they've been quiet for years, yet when I specifically click on their profiles, I see they've been posting regularly.

Besides which, to hell with facebook lol. I'm sure you have friends elsewise that responded when you actually talked to them. I for one, think they don't know what they're missing if they aren't paying you attention.

And YEAH, you really should :p lol

Confirming that Facebook meddles with what posts are displayed. Another reason to not take it too seriously as a social tool.

As far as I'm aware you can promote status updates - which presumably means they stay near the top of your wall and maybe stay on your friends newsfeeds a bit longer.

LoL Actually this year FB alghoritm was messed up in a funny way cause it sent me a message like this : "Hey unix, do you know how many friends have sent you happy birthday last year? 0!" i couldn't stop laughing

Unix said:
LoL Actually this year FB alghoritm was messed up in a funny way cause it sent me a message like this : "Hey unix, do you know how many friends have sent you happy birthday last year? 0!" i couldn't stop laughing

It's probably a regional thing, I don't recall them ever having sent me such a message.
Try something tho, try and go deactivate your account, just for kicks. They try **** hard to make youfeel guilty for it......................

Richard_39 said:
Unix said:

It's probably a regional thing, I don't recall them ever having sent me such a message.
Try something tho, try and go deactivate your account, just for kicks. They try **** hard to make youfeel guilty for it......................

No, it wasn't a message but it appeared on my home where usually appears things like: good morning Unix! And I don't it was intentional because a message like that could get someone who isn't mentally on point to suicide if he is passing through hard times. 

However it made my day, one of the things I'm still laughing for

I wanted to add too, that you shouldn't put this much stock into something like Facebook. If only for this reason, that even people who might follow you might see, it doesn't mean your worst case scenario happened. Lots of other elements at play to jump to conclusions.

This is personally a reason why I have no interest in using it. It seems too automated and less personal; way too easy to misconstrue things vs simply keeping in touch one-to-one, even via email, texting, phone calls, or even in person. Etc. Harder to assume the worst too if you flat out just ask them personally.

Latest posts

Back