Share a quote and say why you like it

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

san_te

A jug fills drop by drop.

This quote reminds me to be patient and persevere in life. It tells me to be weary of what I allow to flow into myself.
Like all in life my water is tainted. A few times I have poured my entire jug out in hope to cure myself but instead left dry in an abyss.
I will no longer pour away who I am. My goal is to be clear, healthy and refreshing. By my end I hope to be diluted enough to poison none.

The full quote is:

“Drop by drop is the water pot filled. Likewise, the wise man, gathering it little by little, fills himself with good.” - Buddha

san_te said:
A jug fills drop by drop.

This quote reminds me to be patient and persevere in life. It tells me to be weary of what I allow to flow into myself.
Like all in life my water is tainted. A few times I have poured my entire jug out in hope to cure myself but instead left dry in an abyss.
I will no longer pour away who I am. My goal is to be clear, healthy and refreshing. By my end I hope to be diluted enough to poison none.

The full quote is:

“Drop by drop is the water pot filled. Likewise, the wise man, gathering it little by little, fills himself with good.” - Buddha

A worthy goal and one that will benefit your life and the lives of those who cross your path!  I appreciate that you recognize that we all allow in some of the tainted which the world/others give out, but we can be on guard against it so that the damage is not prevailing or permanent.  Along those same lines of thought is this quote:  "Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life."  (King Solomon)  So often it is that which we are feeling that leads us to action and our daily actions/decisions over time lead us along the path that becomes our life.

Latest posts

Back