Why are you the way your are?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Seahorse

I'm writing this because I can't afford years of therapy lol. My past isn't all that bad, but I do recognise some things in my self. Maybe you do too.
I'm a bit of a defensive ***** because so many people have let me down. I'm quite grumpy because no matter how hard I try nothing seems to get better. I'm opinionated because I've been through things and don't want to see others make the same mistakes. Im frustrated because I have a so many things I enjoy but no one to share those things with..

....I keep most of that hidden because I can be a bit of an uncaring ******* lol.

Recognizing behavior like that is a good part. COntrolling it if you so wish is the other one.
Didn't you have a guy or something you mentioned, not long ago?

Richard_39 said:
....I keep most of that hidden because I can be a bit of an uncaring ******* lol.

Recognizing behavior like that is a good part. COntrolling it if you so wish is the other one.
Didn't you have a guy or something you mentioned, not long ago?

Yes Richard I had been talking to a guy from a dating site. My profile is clear that I am looking for some one to spend time with on weekends. This person works 7 days a week and has full custody of 2 young kids, I respect that but why waste my time. I used to work 7 days and take care of my mom and didn't try to date during that period

Yeah, that doesn't seem like it leaves a lot of time for socializing indeed...

I think I'm also quite a bit judgemental because I suppose I have had limited exposure to different types of people. I don't like this about my self. I often feel shocked by things I read on here and react badly

This is a good question that I don't think anybody has the answer to. 

In fact it is one of those questions that philosophers will probably debate until the end of time (especially as we reach post scarcity)

How much of what makes you, "you" is made up out of genetics and other such environmental factors out of your control and how much is it your actions and your choices.

UglyLoser said:
This is a good question that I don't think anybody has the answer to. 

In fact it is one of those questions that philosophers will probably debate until the end of time (especially as we reach post scarcity)

How much of what makes you, "you" is made up out of genetics and other such environmental factors out of your control and how much is it your actions and your choices.

I highly disagree that this is a question no one has answers to. I answered quite easily and honestly. My issues are quite easy to identify. I guess I was just hoping others would share about them selves if they felt like it

I think it's all a matter of perspective. You recognize certain traits about yourself - fine; we all have traits we may or may not be satisfied or happy with. How about instead of asking "Why am I the way I am?" ask yourself "How can I be who I want to be?"

Seems to me you are pigeon-holing yourself based on your negative life experiences instead of learning from them.

ringwood said:
I think it's all a matter of perspective. You recognize certain traits about yourself - fine; we all have traits we may or may not be satisfied or happy with. How about instead of asking "Why am I the way I am?" ask yourself "How can I be who I want to be?"

Seems to me you are pigeon-holing yourself based on your negative life experiences instead of learning from them.

I agree it doesn't do any good to dwell or place blame for how we turned out, but sometimes understanding why can help you to see and make the changes required to move forward.

I would have answered this question but if I did I would feel like a broken record, constantly repeating myself and worse than even that, stuck in a loop. So I try to let the past be the past and overcome all or at least part of what made me the way I am today.

So it's not that I couldn't answer this question, I'm choosing not to go back into that loop of repeating and thereby self confirming my experiences.

Latest posts

Back