Entitlement

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Seahorse

Its seems to be the word of the day...for many reasons. I was just standing in line at my neighbourhood convience store and the older white male in front of me was buying his case of Budweiser and his lottery tickets and I guess I gave an involuntary sigh...he turned around and said "fresia you, liberal, I'm entitled to take my time, mind you're own **** manners"

Sounds like 'liberal' is the word of the day.

He was an uncouth, ill-bred vulgarian and he's entitling himself to some unenviable karma that's eventually going to come boomeranging back and nail his ass just the way he doesn't like it being nailed.

Hey Seahorse why did he put you down as a Liberal.Is it obvious  where you live or was it on your jacket and why did he use it when he was giving you both barrels..... really confusing .Couldn't see this happening in Blighty everyone just to polite in checkout queues.

In regards to him calling me a liberal, I can only think that because politics have become so polarized these days people are hateful towards their perceived enemy and if they are angry at some one they just assume they must be the opposite politically

For example, had this man not referred to me as a liberal, I would have assumed that he was a Donald Trump fan, simply because he was a rude old white dude :)

That is a really bizarre situation. What the hell is wrong with that guy.

Seahorse said:
Its seems to be the word of the day...for many reasons. I was just standing in line at my neighbourhood convience store and the older white male in front of me was buying his case of Budweiser and his lottery tickets and I guess I gave an involuntary sigh...he turned around and said "fresia you, liberal, I'm entitled to take my time, mind you're own **** manners"

LOL Sounds like f*ck is the word of the day.
You know what I blame?
We took away slapping our kids.
I'm soon to turn 39 years old. I'm probably twice as strong as my slowly aging father, who was a strong tough fireman. If I EVER used that kind of language in his presence, say tomorrow, he would slap the living taste out of my mouth. And I'd let him. Hell, I'd still be terrified of him.

Because he IS RIGHT!

I think that's what's the problem is today. More or less. Entitlement was created by people who could not teach others not to display it and we were encouraged into thinking we're good and smart instead of reflecting on how much ARSEHOLES we can be....

It's not the whole answer though, but it's part of it.

VanillaCreme said:
Seahorse said:
I would have assumed that he was a Donald Trump fan, simply because he was a rude old white dude :)

What?

It was a joke, although probably true :) regardless of whether the guy was wearing a Hillary t shirt and an Obama hat, he was a jerk..

I forgive the guy. It was Sunday morning after all and you have to wait until 11 am to buy beer, so no wonder he was grumpy

Seahorse said:
It was a joke, although probably true :) regardless of whether the guy was wearing a Hillary t shirt and an Obama hat, he was a jerk..

I forgive the guy. It was Sunday morning after all and you have to wait until 11 am to buy beer, so no wonder he was grumpy

Doesn't allow him to be grumpy to you. He doesn't have a special pass to be a jerk off because he's old. If he had been raised, or at least he'd have kept growing older with notions of respect in him, he would've known that.

Also, he couldn't have turned with a smile instead and said "My apologis if my old age is getting in your way, I'll try to be quicker next time"? Of course not. Much easier to be a jerk and there's no consequences....
He deserves a slap on the face. Granted, he's too old now to do it much good, but maybe that would remind him there are ways totalk to people.

Richard_39 said:
Seahorse said:

Doesn't allow him to be grumpy to you. He doesn't have a special pass to be a jerk off because he's old. If he had been raised, or at least he'd have kept growing older with notions of respect in him, he would've known that.

Also, he couldn't have turned with a smile instead and said "My apologis if my old age is getting in your way, I'll try to be quicker next time"? Of course not. Much easier to be a jerk and there's no consequences....
He deserves a slap on the face. Granted, he's too old now to do it much good, but maybe that would remind him there are ways totalk to people.

He wasn't particularly taking his time. I gave an involuntary sigh due to my anxiety. But people often sigh or grumble standing in line but it doesn't usually cause an out burst.

Seahorse said:
He wasn't particularly taking his time. I gave an involuntary sigh due to my anxiety. But people often sigh or grumble standing in line but it doesn't usually cause an out burst.

...well then why would he automatically think it was about him? lol.
Question is, why did he feel like that? He insulted you for no reason, he shouldhave ignored it or known better.You have a right to sight whenver you want, they didn't pass a law while I wasn't looking (although give it a few years...lol).
Entitlement, yes...but empathy or smpathy? What happened to that?
I think people are forgetting that. Just because the world happens to him doesn't mean he's entitle to last out on perception, especially if they are false. He was clearly in the wrong.

Seahorse said:
In regards to him calling me a liberal, I can only think that because politics have become so polarized these days people are hateful towards their perceived enemy and if they are angry at some one they just assume they must be the opposite politically

For example, had this man not referred to me as a liberal, I would have assumed that he was a Donald Trump fan, simply because he was a rude old white dude :)

I lol'd 😁 and you're not wrong. An online friend told me all she did was walk outside wearing a baseball cap and somebody yelled at her about Trump. Cap had nothing to do with politics...

People are becoming obssessed with Trump. Even here in Canada he's an often mentioned conversation candidate. Wether hate or love, he ends up all the time mentioned. Somehow, I'm sure he likes it that way.

I used to like Stormy till I found out what horrible taste she has in men....

Richard_39 said:
People are becoming obssessed with Trump. Even here in Canada he's an often mentioned conversation candidate. Wether hate or love, he ends up all the time mentioned. Somehow, I'm sure he likes it that way.

I used to like Stormy till I found out what horrible taste she has in men....

Haha Stormy. I had to quit following BBC on FB because I enjoy the Trump bashing articles but then the comments section with total strangers bashing each other became too stressful.

Seahorse said:
Haha Stormy. I had to quit following BBC on FB because I enjoy the Trump bashing articles but then the comments section with total strangers bashing each other became too stressful.

:D
My main complaint of social media. I remember a time when the internet was cool because I could exchange with someone from China. We didn't have time to argue, we were too busy finding out about each other lol.
Social media is over-inflating people's egos. I think.

Latest posts

Back