Interesting people?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Seahorse

I don't live in a small town, but my neighbourhood is pretty close knit...there's this one guy that I affectionately call "underpants man" he is probably late 50s, quite thin with long hair and wears women's style cheer leading shorts and walks the neighborhood. He also goes to the grocery store dressed like this...there is also the quite attractive young man who dresses normally who walks around talking to himself bare foot.. The very old man with a hunch back who walks with no shirt on for miles, but despite his disability is clearly in good health..

There's a guy round here that quite often ends up on the same bus as me that looks a lot like Tim Minchin. I do a double take every time I see him

Other than that I haven't really noticed anyone in particular, but then I've only just moved here. 

Was some very interesting characters where I used to live though.

There's a bloke in a gold spangly suit who rides around South London on a gold bike adorned with gold trophies and big peacock like feathers.He sais he likes the reaction he gets from the public,but he's very slow and wobbly I should know I got stuck behind him once,but it's an amazing sight

There is a girl that moved into an apartment across the street from mine, I see her coming home from work sometimes as she stops to pet cats on that roam the parking lot (it's tiny) and then goes inside. I notice he car in the same spot every evening and every weekend till it's weekdays again.

Kinda feels like someone who's lonely, but not sure.

MisterLonely said:
There is a girl that moved into an apartment across the street from mine, I see her coming home from work sometimes as she stops to pet cats on that roam the parking lot (it's tiny) and then goes inside. I notice he car in the same spot every evening and every weekend till it's weekdays again.

Kinda feels like someone who's lonely, but not sure.
Mr Lonely...adopt a cat ;)

I like people like this. They make life worth living.

Sydney people of a certain age will remember "Laughing Charlie". A street person. He was that rarest of rare things - an Asian alcoholic. He'd walk around with his bottle of god-knows-what in a brown paper bag, and be laughing his head off. He was a gentle soul, and well loved. A misplaced US bomb blew up his house in Vietnam, with his wife and kids inside. He saw it happen. It fried his brain.

Be kind to these street people. They have stories.

TheLoadedDog said:
I like people like this.  They make life worth living.

Sydney people of a certain age will remember "Laughing Charlie".   A street person.   He was that rarest of rare things - an Asian alcoholic.   He'd walk around with his bottle of god-knows-what in a brown paper bag, and be laughing his head off.  He was a gentle soul, and well loved.    A misplaced US bomb blew up his house in Vietnam, with his wife and kids inside.  He saw it happen. It fried his brain.

Be kind to these street people.  They have stories.

I couldn't agree more, you expressed it well TheLoadedDog.

I wasn't making fun of these people. Just as usual posting random things that I think of. I say hi to underpants man when I see him walking

I often smile and laugh while being completely alone cause i'm immagining some fun and weird stuff that happened to me. Sometimes people catches me doing this and they laugh with me. Not sure if this qualifies me as weird :| 

There is actually a girl at my workplace who talks to herself. Not smiling or laughing like me, she actually engages complex conversations about the meaning of life, the guys and so on. Is always a pleasure to talk with her. It have read that people who talks with themselves are usually more intelligent :)

There's a possibly homeless, possible not, man who wears a tan brown jacket with fluffy collars who I'm pretty sure wanted cocaine when he came up to me, hacking in a quick voice "CO... CO..." to which I said "No" and he backed off, possibly flipping me and my friend off?

And now we call him "Koko" and still see him from time to time.

If this was still middle school, that is. But, still an intriguing guy and the most perplexing thing to us back then.

Unix said:
I often smile and laugh while being completely alone cause i'm immagining some fun and weird stuff that happened to me. Sometimes people catches me doing this and they laugh with me. Not sure if this qualifies me as weird :| 

I do this.

Now, something slightly off-topic.  I'm curious to know if I'm alone in this, of if others do it....

Somebody will tell me a joke.   Now, it's not like I'm slow getting the joke.  I get it instantly, but I just don't think it's very funny.  Then, over the next ten seconds or so, I change my mind, and think, "hey, that actually is quite funny".  And I'll start laughing.

This is really embarrassing, because it looks like I'm so dumb it took me that long to get the joke.  I got the joke straight away.

TheLoadedDog said:
Unix said:

I do this.

Now, something slightly off-topic.  I'm curious to know if I'm alone in this, of if others do it....

Somebody will tell me a joke.   Now, it's not like I'm slow getting the joke.  I get it instantly, but I just don't think it's very funny.  Then, over the next ten seconds or so, I change my mind, and think, "hey, that actually is quite funny".  And I'll start laughing.

This is really embarrassing, because it looks like I'm so dumb it took me that long to get the joke.  I got the joke straight away.

Nah I do that too... Although sometimes it really does take me that long to get the joke. 😁

Latest posts

Back