Women in your forties

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Seahorse

I've read so much stuff online that we should settle for any one who is interested in us... Not to post pictures of our cats lol... Well I don't have pictures of my cats, but will take them any day over a boring old dude.. I will also run down any dude in my bad ass Jeep who tries to intimidate me into dating him...

What about a boring slightly younger dude?

I can feed cats and make a good coffee table/foot stool if need be.

ardour said:

Thank you for the response as I can't kick random delusional dudes on dating sites..

I actually requested to be deleted from this site, because I depend on it to communicate, but recognize not many enjoy communicating...so rather suck it up by my self than beg for some one to chat with

Callie, he offered to me first, but I think you deserve a break more than i do :)

ardour said:
...Am I not a worthy foot rest?!

I'm sure you are worthy of plently of better things than a foot rest

I have a graduate degree, I own my own home, vehicle and boat. I am laid back and just looking for a man my age with a similar background and love of boating..I get 70 year olds messaging me :(

Guys probably won't really care about your degrees or your possessions. Only your personality. Are you fun to hang out with? They will care whether or not you're a nag or a pain to deal with. Is she a prude? Those kinds of things typically.

I imagine older folks are even more picky because they are experienced and know exactly what they want and don't want. So they weed people out better and aren't afraid to be alone. I could be wrong though.

ardour said:

And i had visions of this work shop with all kinds of foot stools and coffee tables being made.

Minus said:
ardour said:

And i had visions of this work shop with all kinds of foot stools and coffee tables being made.

Minus.. I think you are adorable, mostly because of your avatar and I don't know any thing about you...

Actually Minus, I just looked you up, one of the original members....you must have experienced quite a few things

kamya said:
Guys probably won't really care about your degrees or your possessions.

I think she means she'd prefer someone with a similar level of education and financial independance, who won't leech off of her. A polite way of saying "no losers , no dummies" etc.  Fair enough.

ardour said:
kamya said:
Guys probably won't really care about your degrees or your possessions.

I think she means she'd prefer someone with a similar level of education and financial independance, who won't leech off of her. A polite way of saying "no losers , no dummies" etc.  Fair enough.

Thank you Ardour...can you be my online dating advocate and voice of reason ?

Is that really something people still have to worry about in their 40s? o_O

The graduate degree requirement would probably weed out a lot of potential partners. The rest is pretty standard though no?

Yes Kayla... I really would like a man to share my love of boating with who can spell and isn't old enough to be my dad...I don't think I am asking too much

It's all about supply and demand.

I'm much younger but have the same feeling sometimes. Am I REALLY asking for too much?

I hope you find what you're looking for some day.

kamya said:
It's all about supply and demand.

I'm much younger but have the same feeling sometimes. Am I REALLY asking for too much?

I hope you find what you're looking for some day.

I tried to edit my misspelling of your name...no where do I demand a graduate degree...mostly just a man born in the same decade as me , can spell and doesn't live with his mom and work at Taco Bell.

Seahorse said:
ardour said:

Callie, he offered to me first, but I think you deserve a break more than i do :)

I could certainly use one, yes. lol  But, I wasn't jumping into the race, I was just helping you along to see if you would get a clean house out of the deal too.  :D

TheRealCallie said:
Seahorse said:
ardour said:

I could certainly use one, yes. lol  But, I wasn't jumping into the race, I was just helping you along to see if you would get a clean house out of the deal too.  :D

Thanks Callie, my old ass is going to sign off for the night and watch reruns of Law and Order with my cats

You want someone in his forties who’s fit and attractive, shares outdoorsie interests, is educated or at least intellectually stimulating enough, financially together, lives nearby and is willing to settle down in a LTR.

It’s an unkind thing to point out… but a man who fits this criteria is likely to have enough options to be looking specifically for someone younger to start a family with (assuming he isn't divorced and has kids already, in which case he might not be so interested in something long term).

Well I for one dream of living on a sailing boat lol.
I don't really know anything about boating, but I come from a family of fishermen and hunters, so we're more the "chaloupe"(rowboatwith a motor?) crowd. But I have dreams of setting off to see with 25 people on a sloop and learning everything there is to learn about REAL sailing lol.
Sadly, probably never will happen. I sure can't leave my kids ashore while I sail around the world...
You know those tests you pass when you're in high school that tells you what you should be when you chose a job? My two choice were cop or ship captain lol.
Guess I missed my calling. My old teacher pointed me out too there's probably no more dangerous a job than those ;-)

As for dating, I quit. I'm looking for a non crazy, boring, ordinary lady who don't lie, don't cheat and won't try to play mom with my kids. Apparently that's an impossible goal. So I've been single going on 11 years.

Latest posts

Back