hello

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nimblybimbly9

Reaction score
I've lurked here for awhile, but I've finally got the courage to post...

I just turned 38 and have been alone for most of it.  The isolation has led to anger and sadness, and I'm at the end of my rope.  It's frustrating watching everyone else bounce from relationship to relationship while I wait on the sidelines for my turn.  I'm tired of waiting.  I want my life to be full of color and meaning like their's.  I want to experience what others take for granted.  I want to be like everyone else.

Anyhow, thanks for letting me rant.

Hey thanks for posting, nimbly. I've gone sort of the opposite way in recent times... posted early, mostly lurk now.

Your reaction to loneliness is completely normal and justified. My armchair quarterback advice would be to practice small social interactions with people you don't know or care about, even if it's just asking what time it is, or asking sales people for help with something you know how to find. Develop a sort of practiced comfort talking to people and you never know what the future holds. Breaking through the wall of discomfort feels like a life threatening obstacle at first, but the rewards are countless.

Anyways don't be a stranger, I'd hate to think you faded back into lurking after this one post.

Hey yo, welcome to ALL.
I know it's hard. May we all find solace in each other ;-)

Hello and welcome, know exactly what you mean!

It's a first step to want, a second to realize that waiting does not get you anywhere, let goof fear and shame and get yourself out there.
It will take time and effort and you'll run into brick walls and get lows because of it, but it'setter than waiting!

Latest posts

Back