I'm new

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enpatsu No Shakugan

Reaction score
Hi, everyone!

Firstly, I'm so happy to finally find a forum with admin approval that actually WORKS. Happened literally within minutes. I was shocked.

Anyway, while I'm introverted and male, I find myself very interested in always finding and connecting with new people wherever I can. I literally love it, and get very engaged with new people. I find my self confidence and passion always improves when I'm intimate with people to any degree.

Sadly however, this is mostly online as, while I have offline friends, I can't say I've ever really had that kind of 'best friend' thing in real life. I have a lot of passion for it, but I can't ever really seem to find those who share that same kind of passion. It's a bit lonely, to be honest.

Well, because recently with forums I've been having the most luck with meeting new people, I really thought hard about a place I would fit in best. You know, specialty forums are okay (where they focus on one interest), but I find they generally lack a bit of... what's the best word...investment.
If you ONLY want to talk about a show or whatever, I guess it's fine, but if you actually want to talk people, eh... depends, but they're generally not the best places.

A forum of like-minded people where you can also discuss anything (like interests, hobbies, etc) seems better suited for someone like me, wanting to make new friends and meet people.

So, don't be surprised if you find me messaging a lot of people after I get to know more. That's just me! :D 

Pro-tip: If my screen-name or avatar resonates with you (ie, you already know it), go ahead and message me already, haha. No, seriously. What a great place to start, right?

Welcome aboard. :) I can relate to much of what you've written; you can find people who are happy to talk, but they never make that leap to "close friend".

Enpatsu No Shakugan said:
Hi, everyone!

Firstly, I'm so happy to finally find a forum with admin approval that actually WORKS. Happened literally within minutes. I was shocked.

Anyway, while I'm introverted and male, I find myself very interested in always finding and connecting with new people wherever I can. I literally love it, and get very engaged with new people. I find my self confidence and passion always improves when I'm intimate with people to any degree.

Sadly however, this is mostly online as, while I have offline friends, I can't say I've ever really had that kind of 'best friend' thing in real life. I have a lot of passion for it, but I can't ever really seem to find those who share that same kind of passion. It's a bit lonely, to be honest.

Well, because recently with forums I've been having the most luck with meeting new people, I really thought hard about a place I would fit in best. You know, specialty forums are okay (where they focus on one interest), but I find they generally lack a bit of... what's the best word...investment.
If you ONLY want to talk about a show or whatever, I guess it's fine, but if you actually want to talk people, eh... depends, but they're generally not the best places.

A forum of like-minded people where you can also discuss anything (like interests, hobbies, etc) seems better suited for someone like me, wanting to make new friends and meet people.

So, don't be surprised if you find me messaging a lot of people after I get to know more. That's just me! :D 

Pro-tip: If my screen-name or avatar resonates with you (ie, you already know it), go ahead and message me already, haha. No, seriously. What a great place to start, right?

Hi, welcome to the forum.
I don't know what your name is from, but I do like the avatar from avatar, lol. :)

kaetic said:
Hi, everyone!

Hi, welcome to the forum.
I don't know what your name is from, but I do like the avatar from avatar, lol. :)

Ha, it wasn't even meant to be a joke. I just like Zuko's look and the red tone of it.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I know exactly how you feel on the position of having the passion to have a best friend but never finding that in real life or in person, I should say. Good luck!

reynard_muldrake said:
Welcome aboard. :) I can relate to much of what you've written; you can find people who are happy to talk, but they never make that leap to "close friend".

Well, if you were within arms lenght, I'd make that leap. Though I'd be scared of being possessed by ghosts if you're anything like your avatar ;-)

It's funny because a lot of people on here I share interests and common traits with, but distance is a major factor why I can't actually talk to anyone of them, which sucks. I guess it's one of those "good thing/bad thing" of the web.
Hehe, I came at my dad with the boxset of Twin Peaks this weekend, because we spent three days up north at his place and my oldest daughter enjoys it. He said "YOU GET THAT THING AWAY FROM MY HOUSE!". He's not a fan lol. It was funny.

And hello to the new member as well, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine ;-)

Richard_39 said:
reynard_muldrake said:

Well, if you were within arms lenght, I'd make that leap. Though I'd be scared of being possessed by ghosts if you're anything like your avatar ;-)

It's funny because a lot of people on here I share interests and common traits with, but distance is a major factor why I can't actually talk to anyone of them, which sucks. I guess it's one of those "good thing/bad thing" of the web.
Hehe, I came at my dad with the boxset of Twin Peaks this weekend, because we spent three days up north at his place and my oldest daughter enjoys it. He said "YOU GET THAT THING AWAY FROM MY HOUSE!". He's not a fan lol. It was funny.

And hello to the new member as well, I'm sure you'll fit in just fine ;-)

I do appreciate the offer. I would certainly reciprocate if you were nearby. :)  Although I'd have to say that being possessed by ghosts could make things exciting and unpredictable. Haha. If your dad did not appreciate the original series, I wonder what he'd have to say about the movie and 2017 incarnation of Twin Peaks. At least you got to turn your daughter into a fan!

Reynard_muldrake said:
[quote pid='872369' dateline='1522759579']
I do appreciate the offer. I would certainly reciprocate if you were nearby. :)  Although I'd have to say that being possessed by ghosts could make things exciting and unpredictable. Haha. If your dad did not appreciate the original series, I wonder what he'd have to say about the movie and 2017 incarnation of Twin Peaks. At least you got to turn your daughter into a fan!

[/quote]

LOL Probably the same reaction he had to the new Star Wars...
"Hey Dad, do you want to see the New Star Wars movie, Force Awakens? I have it on dvd"
"Oh, no, I've seen it before."
"What did you think?"
"....it's a movie".

lol. I expect the same conversation about the Last Jedi. He'll probably watch it in 4 distinct pieces, coinciding with the time he falls asleep on the couch at ;-)
He was more vocal about Twin Peaks though, because he watched it some during it's original airing. Like some people I talked to said, you either love it or hate it and he thought it was the most boring thing he ever watched lol.

Honestly these days, if I could find a job there, I'd move to Twin Peaks, ghosts and wormholes and all...

Hi, everyone!

Hi and welcome to the forums. Hope you enjoy talking to all the people here.

Latest posts

Back