The best things in life are free

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enpatsu No Shakugan

Reaction score
I'm a firm believer in this and I want you to come up with something you absolutely love to do or experience that is totally free for you, or anyone.

For me, it's cuddling and/or sleeping beside a cat. It's such a great feeling to cuddle, let alone with something as adorable as a cat, but I like that for a cat especially, it signifies an intense bond and trust between you. That's a notion I enjoy very much from anyone, that kind of intimacy.

A cat trusts you implicitly to ever sleep on you. That's when they're most vulnerable.

Cats cost quite a bit of money though, like vaccinations, food and other vet checks, etc, etc.

Walking through woodland. I've done it a lot and never found anything as consistently enjoyable

People that great you in the car for giving way, or truckers that honk for not stopping right on the edge of an intersection so they can take the corner without trouble.

Random encounters with forest animals although I live in a city now. Like those three deer that were right in front of my apartment block entrance this morning. Mostly it's squirrels.

Yes those random encounters are pretty cool...............unless you happen to be sleeping out and are wakened by a fox sniffing your face. Scary :)

Swimming in a cool mountain lake at sunset with no other people around for miles :D - my absolute favourite free thing in life...so far. ;-)

I would also have to agree with Jently and Rodent .....walks in the woods as well as seeing wildlife are peaceful treasures that I am fortunate to enjoy and could never get tired of.

Singing is pretty cool. It's a free instrument that doesn't need fingers, and passes the time rather nicely.
Well... can't say it's completely free though, given the cost of glass windows. :D

Paraiyar said:
Cats cost quite a bit of money though, like vaccinations, food and other vet checks, etc, etc.

Not if they're your neighbor's or other cats you come across. I don't even own a cat, yet enjoy a lot of closeness between them.

Sleeping in on a Saturday. Waking up and realizing there's no hurry, and you can roll over and doze as much as you want.

Walking.

Just trekking for miles in fresh air by rivers, through woodland, enjoying nature at its best, and clearing your head

Walking in the rain that falls after a hot summer day, smell of freshly cut grass, the first chill while entering a pool, the feeling of cold winter breeze on your cheeks while inside the warm comfort of a coat, picking fruit from the tree, the feeling of getting home after a long trip, refreshing and relaxing shower after work, sound of the breeze in autumn dragging leaves around, when you can hear the waves before seeing the seashore, smell of books, kissing a hand, holding hands, the middle of a dessert when you've been enjoying it for a while but still have a long way to go (guess you have to buy the dessert...).

Pathfinder said:
I would also have to agree with Jently and Rodent .....walks in the woods as well as seeing wildlife are peaceful treasures that I am fortunate to enjoy and could never get tired of.

I am not an animal lover, perhaps not even a friend, but there is just something aesthetically pleasing about it. I don't know, I guess it appeals to something buried rather deeply.

....but you can give them to the birds and bees.. ive had a flying lizards brain invasion! :rolleyes:  Anyhow birds and bees, walking in woods,wildlife watching and communing with nature keeps me the right side of sanity. There is a flip side though...when I observe the perfection of the natural world it comes with a shadow.... mans imperfection and how destructive and bullying to other life forms and the environment the human race can be...and the bill is in the post :(  

,  I'm off to walk the dog by loch fleet- saw some terns yesterday swooping and diving like maritime swallows  :D

MisterLonely said:
People that great you in the car for giving way, or truckers that honk for not stopping right on the edge of an intersection so they can take the corner without trouble.

yes,,,

Latest posts

Back