Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"Are You Happy?"
I don't know if I've ever truly been happy, certainly not for a sustained period of time. Maybe content, but never truly happy.
Happiness is such a cruel mistress. You could be a millionaire, famous for all the right reasons, have a loving wife or a gaggle of females at your feet and still be unhappy.
I run a Youtube channel where I create videos that talk about topics like being ugly, being rejected by society, looks vs personality, etc.

[Image: nveO3tv.png]
Happiness Is A Warm Gun.

Mama.
(04-27-2018, 06:12 AM)Seosa Wrote: Happiness Is A Warm Gun.

Mama.

LOL!
"Happiness is a Warm Pistola"
-Bill Maxwell, FBI, played by Robert Culp on the Greatest American Hero Big Grin

That's actually my happy show when I'm down.
(04-27-2018, 06:22 AM)Richard_39 Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 06:12 AM)Seosa Wrote: Happiness Is A Warm Gun.

Mama.

LOL!
"Happiness is a Warm Pistola"
-Bill Maxwell, FBI, played by Robert Culp on the Greatest American Hero Big Grin

That's actually my happy show when I'm down.

"When I hold you,
In my arms,
And I feel my finger on your trigger,
I know nobody can do me no harm, because..."
Happy is such a subjective word to explain either a short term or a long term feeling/emotion and people tend to see the extreme end of the word "happy" as though it means life is superb in a whole. Sometimes when I've said I'm happy with my current situation, people take it the wrong way and they've actually used it against me. It's weird.

I usually just say I'm okay with life, I've actually said to someone that happy wouldn't exactly be the right word for me to use but I'm content with my current situation.

If you really ask me? No, I'm not happy with my life and how it's turned out to be. But that kinda also makes me feel like I'm being ungrateful. Which isn't what I want to be.

Now I feel like listening to that Happy song.

(04-28-2018, 01:30 PM)ladyforsaken Wrote: Happy is such a subjective word to explain either a short term or a long term feeling/emotion and people tend to see the extreme end of the word "happy" as though it means life is superb in a whole. Sometimes when I've said I'm happy with my current situation, people take it the wrong way and they've actually used it against me. It's weird.

I usually just say I'm okay with life, I've actually said to someone that happy wouldn't exactly be the right word for me to use but I'm content with my current situation.

If you really ask me? No, I'm not happy with my life and how it's turned out to be. But that kinda also makes me feel like I'm being ungrateful. Which isn't what I want to be.

Now I feel like listening to that Happy song.

I tend to agree with this. I don't think that a near constant feeling of euphoria is a good baseline for life. Simple progression with some moments of satisfaction accompanied by even fewer moments of true happiness seems to be a much more realistic standard. But then again, who am I to say? I'm just a dude behind a computer; my experiences don't speak for others.
Happiness is a strong and constant positive feeling. It is a great gladness and complete acceptance of the existence.

Currently I am not happy but not unhappy too. I had only a few happy experiences in my life: they was rare and short. The most part of my life had passed in unhappiness and sadness.

Last years I feel nearly constant emptiness and tiredness.

I am only 28 but I am already tired of life and have no much energy to struggle for a better life.

I have no happiness but I feel no pain, at least.

For me, absence of pain is quite enough.
I'm happy for the little things that bring me joy in life, like, for instance, my favourite movies or music. Or my joy for story writing. I have always had two amazing parents and supportive siblings. But I'm always going to miss out on the companionship that the majority of people have - both social and romantic; that's merely an aspect of my life that I'm not happy with.
'When the pack rejects their weakest member, he learns to adapt and to find his own way.  He is the lone wolf.'
Hey. Well, I don't think I am. I smile and laugh around work colleagues, but when I go home I'm all alone, very unsatisfied with my life. It kinda stings, this feeling, of missing out on the world, and time passing by without any events, just empty time spending.
Especially now, Christmas time coming up. I love Christmas time. All tasty smells. Colors and lights. It would be amazing to go enjoy all of that in downtown. I got no friends, no S.O. I mean, I could go by myself, but anxiety and depression have got me.
I usually feel better in spring time though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can a person be happy if he has no friends? DanMann 24 2,824 01-13-2019, 03:09 AM
Last Post: IncolaVacui
  Happy, but lonely jessee22 9 529 12-10-2018, 07:20 PM
Last Post: hewhowalksalone
  Could I Have a Happy Life without Friends? JudeDismas 21 6,967 11-01-2016, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Austen
  How to feel happy? M_also_lonely 15 3,394 09-03-2016, 11:11 AM
Last Post: Nethic
  Happy Birthday to me :( H-1000 16 4,689 09-03-2016, 11:11 AM
Last Post: redbeard 44
  How To Be Happy chickmagneto 0 936 11-07-2015, 12:35 AM
Last Post: chickmagneto
  is here anyone happy? Frodothelost 43 5,360 01-24-2015, 06:41 AM
Last Post: Wanderer145
  Happy Birthday to me. LonelySutton 22 5,233 11-02-2014, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Aqualonde
Sad It's Friday. I should be happy but I'm not. LeilaniAWarrior 7 2,725 04-05-2014, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Hearmenow2012
  How to have a happy lonely life? Dexter 21 4,361 02-14-2014, 04:21 PM
Last Post: ventura23