Hi there!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halfwaythere

Reaction score
Hello,

New here to the forums! just stumbled across it yesterday. 
Guess I was kinda feeling a bit lonelier than usual and wanted to get some stuff off the chest.

A little bit about myself, 

I've recently turned 30 and have just moved to a new city for a new job. I've always been pretty bad at making friends and building relationships. I never really made any good friends after high school. I'm that guy that never gets invited to anything. When I put in the effort to make plans with someone, most the time I get rejected. All my best childhood friends have kind of grown up now and are doing the whole adult thing with partners and families. We are all still great friends but we only get to see each other a few times a year. 

I've had 2 long term relationships in my adult life and both of them ended kinda bad for me. My last one ended 5 years ago, so yeah... I've been single for 5 years now. wow. I get the odd date every now and then, but it never turns into anything.

My flatmates are nice but they are not social at all. I feel like it's so awkward for them when I am around. They seem social when they have friends over and that but haven't opened up to me at all. It's kind of like a Harry Potter situation, they just want me to stay in my room under the stairs and keep out of sight.

Now my evenings and weekends are spent just sitting around, pretty much just waiting for work to start up again on Mondays(I love my job).

It sucks, I really wish I had people I could hang out with.

So, I guess I am lonely and just wanted to tell someone about it.

Sorry for the long post!

Hello and welcome 😊

There's some great people on here to chat to. Its not quite the same as in person I grant you, but it's how I stay sane most evenings, lol

Long new member posts are awesome. Then we can get to know you! Welcome to the forum.

Latest posts

Back