If you had another chance at life.....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Joturbo

Hoping this will ignite some interest :shy:

You're where you are today be it content or not.If you had a second chance at life how would you like it to play out.

I would like to have been a struggling american actor single right up to my thirties living in a house share with fellow thespians just getting by with enough money to occasionally party, pay the rent ,enough theatre small parts and adverts just keeping below the radar and surviving waiting for the big break.

Then the call ...a new show being made they need someone big and ugly to play a zombie in a big scene opposite some geezer called Rick .Said show takes off big time,I get continually cast as a zombie,well paid enough to buy a small house with a 1950s mustang as my pride and joy.I meet another zombie actress between takes we fall in love get married...2.5 kids and being 45 now I hear rumours that I'm being considered for a bigger role ........

There are a million things I could change...do differently. But being as I have no idea how different my life would be, better or worse, I don't think I would change anything.

TheRealCallie said:
There are a million things I could change...do differently.  But being as I have no idea how different my life would be, better or worse, I don't think I would change anything.

Thanks Callie ...hope you have nice weekend :)

I would take a second chance, but only if I have the knowledge I do now.

I'd make a lot more moves during my school years, in terms of forming connections, both with girls and friends. That would have a tremendous ripple effect.

Well... I can't say for sure how this one is going to turn out yet. There are some choices that I regret, but they led me to happy moments that I wouldn't have had otherwise. Who's to say it would be any better? Or, that I would appreciate it more than this life. We always want what we can't have.

If I could just have the last decade back with what I know now then there's really no doubt in my mind that things would be so much better for me.

I think I would have tried harder to meet people as early as elementary school. Spending more time being interested in books, art, etc, contributed in the long run to me being slower to learn socially.

I wish I'd never pursued my first choice for education and career, and pursued one of the more in-demand trades at the time instead.

It feels like there's nothing ahead of me now so I think about this on a regular basis.

I'd do a ton things differently. #1 - Dress normally. #2 Go out more. Get involved in clubs while at university instead of thinking friends would just happen by turning up to lectures. Not be a poorly dressed slob who wore a cap all the time (to hide baldness and a certain resemblance). Not play games at a internet cafe on week nights. Most of my regrets don't involve dead ends, missteps or wrong career paths choices ,etc., but just not doing things while letting paranoia over apperance rule my life.

I'd have stayed the hell away from my family. At least a couple of time zones away. I'd have pursued marriage, fatherhood and a family of my own.
It might have turned out well.

I have learned that although this train of thought can be entertaining and slightly uplifting it is ultimately self sabotage, because at any given time you'll go from the "I'd do this, I'd try that, I'd go there" thinking back to the present where you realize most of those things still are no more than fantasy, the mere headline of this thread suggest that life is already over...

What is better is to, think of those things you would want to have done, in a present and future setting, think about what you need to do to get them and how you wil work at accomplishing that, like you would have wanted to go to more festivals when you were younger... why would it be to late to go now?

Live in the present, and look to the future, the past is the only thing set in stone and can't be changed for better or for worse.

Yes Mr Lonely just thought it would be an interesting thread to put out there being the forum was a bit quiet. It was also a thought I had at that moment in time being my wife seemed a bit angry with me lately and the kids fighting as usual.I'm pretty much content with life ...just thought it would be a bit light hearted :D

Joturbo said:
Yes Mr Lonely just thought it would be an interesting thread to put out there being the forum was a bit quiet. It was also a thought I had at that moment in time being my wife seemed a bit angry with me lately and the kids fighting as usual.I'm pretty much content with life ...just thought it would be a bit light hearted :D

I didn't mean any critique with my comment, lord knows I myself am still stuck in that very cycle of could have, should have, would have...

This is a tricky one because changing one thing could mean your life goes in a completely different direction. "The Butterfly Effect", and all that...

I suppose there are individual choices that you wish you would've taken a different approach to. The biggest one for me would probably be not going to Uni. As proud as I am that I have a degree, going to Uni has ultimately done nothing for me, and trying to get an apprenticeship in 2012 rather than going to Uni could have lead me down a far better path than the one I've tread for the last near-6 years.

I'd have told my dad I WANTED that operation for my eyes and had been a cop. Things would have been much different instead of thinking about how I didn't want him to spend money I thought he didn't have.
Life today would be far better.

I regret getting married and having kids. I really thought it was what I was "supposed" to do. I thought it would make me happy. Biggest regret of my life.

Latest posts

Back