CD issue

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enpatsu No Shakugan

Reaction score
Not so much a 'computer' issue, but I think it could be applied. It's about technology, in any case.

So I recently bought a PS3 game that won't even register. And it's not my system, then I noticed a big fat crack on the inner ring. Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure this is the cause of such an issue.

If I'm right, I'd also like to know if it can even be repaired or if the disc itself is just junk.

Original and highlighted pics included:

SxpMhIu.jpg

uTM1A0M.jpg

Could you try clear tape or maybe some superglue? If it was just a scratch it could be fixed, but I don't know about a crack. Not sure if you can copy a PS game or not, but maybe the tape would work well enough for it to be transferred to another disc?

What game is it?

TheRealCallie said:
Could you try clear tape or maybe some superglue?  If it was just a scratch it could be fixed, but I don't know about a crack.  Not sure if you can copy a PS game or not, but maybe the tape would work well enough for it to be transferred to another disc?

What game is it?

It's right at the top, and it goes to the bottom layer (meaning it's not enough to have the disc literally split), but I don't think super glue or tape could work.

Even if it was split, to be that accurate with glue would be beyond even machine level. If you get super glue anywhere, it leaves a hard stain. I speak from experience there. It'd only further ruin it.

But the fact is, the PS3 doesn't even register this disc; I think because the crack goes right through a barcode or some sort of other information near the inner ring.

It's GTA V... my second copy I've bought that doesn't work. I don't think the game itself matters though.

Enpatsu No Shakugan said:
TheRealCallie said:
Could you try clear tape or maybe some superglue?  If it was just a scratch it could be fixed, but I don't know about a crack.  Not sure if you can copy a PS game or not, but maybe the tape would work well enough for it to be transferred to another disc?

What game is it?

It's right at the top, and it goes to the bottom layer (meaning it's not enough to have the disc literally split), but I don't think super glue or tape could work.

Even if it was split, to be that accurate with glue would be beyond even machine level. If you get super glue anywhere, it leaves a hard stain. I speak from experience there. It'd only further ruin it.

But the fact is, the PS3 doesn't even register this disc; I think because the crack goes right through a barcode or some sort of other information near the inner ring.

It's GTA V... my second copy I've bought that doesn't work. I don't think the game itself matters though.

The game itself doesn't matter in the least, I was just curious. 

Where are you getting these games?  Maybe go to GameStop or something and get a used one, but open it before leaving the store.

It was online. I've bought lots of games online with no issues, and even GTA V once before. But now this is my second copy in a row that doesn't work.

The seller didn't check or actually take appropriate pictures. You don't want to assume you have to tell sellers to be thorough, but apparently... you do.

Latest posts

Back