Losing my therapist

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wonderlander

Reaction score
I haven't posted in a while because things were finally improving, but that's going to change very quickly.
I went to see a private therapist because my dad's company provides for it, but that was only for ten sessions. Now that that's run out I can't apply for a new term until the healthcare gets back to me in a few months. I've also become stagnant due to school holidays leaving me without anybody to see and thus no way to find social contacts. 
My GP and parents are discussing NHS options, which I know already I'm going to ******* despise. Here's to spending my sixth form years miserable and alone. If university doesn't work out, I'm ******* done. Find the first night watchman job I can find and get a two-room apartment I'll live in alone for the rest of my lonely, unimportant life.

When you're young... everything that goes wrong feels like the end of the world. I don't know if that is maybe something that is made worse by your condition or not... I'm not an expert on... anything really.
But you said you had 10 sessions with a private therapist. How was that going? Were there any points you could focus on until you are able to go back? Like, maybe the therapist made a suggestion about keeping a journal or using physical exercise to cut down on stress or idk, like I said... not an expert. But, did you learn anything from it that you can use to help you while you have to wait?
It sounds like your parents are trying to help you, maybe instead of focusing on how much you're already going to hate it (and hey it could be the devil for all I know) try giving the NHS option a chance, if only for them.
Also, you're 17. When I was that age I thought I'd live in a trailer surrounded by cats, not my cats... a bunch of imaginary neighborhood cats that would be attracted by my personal brand of crazy. :)
Point is, you don't know what's going to happen. Try to relax and give it a chance, it could work out better than you think.

Latest posts

Back