Rose-colored mistake.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterLonely

Reaction score
So I have a home, bought it in 2011, or well it still had to be build but I signed off on it and it would officially be mine in 2012.

I was over the moon, a place of my own something that has a lot of potential and will easily fit every single one of me and my future families wishes, 3 bedroom, a powder room and a bathroom a big garden, an open attic that could e converted into a hobby room or master bedroom.

Of course this was the way everyone I knew sold it to me "You don't know what the future will hold", "You will need the space when you get a girlfriend or stat a family", "Who knows what will happen in 5 years"... you get the drift, and I fel for it... 

What is it now over 6 years later in reality? It's my fortress of solitude, only more like a family home of solitude, one that I can spend all weekend cleaning or doing the garden getting it ready for summer while I never get to enjoy it anyway... I've been thinking of moving as of the moment I got it, but I'm ever the logical thinker, this home was great value for what it offers, and I do mean INSANE value, if I were to sell it now, I would not get something like this for less than double what I payed, but it's such a drain on me as well.

I'd like a loft, or an old garage, somewhere I can have some fun, maybe actually get some kind of hobby going, always wanted to build an old bike
even though I have no knowledge or skill, I'd at least have the room to muck about, have a ladder up to a raised living area, maybe 6x6 meters, have my bed, shower, kitchen and living area all in one, less cleaning, less stress.

I won't though, as those places only exist in movies, not round here...

I had kind off lost track of the point I was trying to make there... I found it again though, it had slid in between the sofa cushions, together with some small change and half a snickers.... :(

Point being, live in the present, have hope for the future but don't count on anything, because indeed, you don't know what the future will hold, for me it turned out to be a whole lot of weekends spend cleaning...

DarkSelene said:
Why don't you find a place and rent the house? Lofts are cool.

Renting is a tax nightmare here, and I still have a mortgage, probably can't get enough for a second place.
Also, I have seen zero lofts here, only Amsterdam has some and one or two in other cities too far from my work, and they are hugely expensive :(

[EDIT: I am secretly looking a bit though...]

Selling your house seems a bit misguided, tho. Just rent it out, and if you do find a place like a loft or apartment you can rent that too. It'll be just the same, maybe even have some money for an accountant to do your taxes, hehe.

Have you considered a roommate? It would end your isolation, since there would be someone there with you and you can keep the house without feeling like it's too much space.

Or yeah, I wouldn't sell it, maybe like Selene said, rent it out.

Lol Mister. The opposite mistake was made here. House is too small for all of the things I want to do. Now will probably be buying a bigger one within a year or so. I wouldn't mind buying an old school or office building and just living in that =P. I have too many projects and hobbies that deserve dedicated spaces. :(

I always thought a loft would be badass too. They are usually super expensive here though.

TheRealCallie said:
Have you considered a roommate?  It would end your isolation, since there would be someone there with you and you can keep the house without feeling like it's too much space.  

Or yeah, I wouldn't sell it, maybe like Selene said, rent it out.

What if I can't stand them though :|

kamya said:
Lol Mister. The opposite mistake was made here. House is too small for all of the things I want to do. Now will probably be buying a bigger one within a year or so. I wouldn't mind buying an old school or office building and just living in that =P. I have too many projects and hobbies that deserve dedicated spaces. :(

I always thought a loft would be badass too. They are usually super expensive here though.

Old school o old office does sound like it could be great, I would think that's very expensive though, just the ground would be worth millions!

Yeah, i looked into it once and it really doesn't work like that here... plus, I kinda like being nude a lot, and i think it might not be appreciated :|
I know I'm just being difficult probably

Latest posts

Back