Is love enough?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShyNLonely

Reaction score
Is it worth staying alive for love?

My story is; life gave me a really really really hard time, I was extremely hurt all my life. And when I finally get up back on my feet again, life did find a new way to extremely hurt me again.

But ... since I was soo much hurt all my entire life ...

.... Finally one good stuff happened to me. Someone is in love with me.

About 7-10 days ago, when I found out she feels the same ...

It broke me. I had mental break down. I was crying 4-5-6 times in that period of 2-3 days.

I was walking dog, and I started to cry in the middle of nowhere in 9 pm.

Second day, mom just knocked down on my door, and I was in tears, and mood switch was amazing.

The thing is; She is The One for me, and I am The One for Her.

But ... is love worth staying? Is love enough after being hurt for last 2 decades?

Is my life worth fighting for?

Part of me feel like living, and part of me wants to give up.

Your thoughts?

If its true that somebody loves you, then the least you can do, for your benefit and theirs, is to explore what could come of it. If ever there was a chance to relief yourself of the pain life has brought you, then this could be it. Be very careful, don't allow yourself to get hurt, but if the opportunity is there and its real then grab it with both hands!

Seosa said:
If its true that somebody loves you, then the least you can do, for your benefit and theirs, is to explore what could come of it. If ever there was a chance to relief yourself of the pain life has brought you, then this could be it. Be very careful, don't allow yourself to get hurt, but if the opportunity is there and its real then grab it with both hands!

She is in love with me, badly. And I love her sooo much. And ... again, life gave me a really hard time, and I'm not sure what God wants from me. And yes, it is real ... I think I will spend the rest of my life with Her ... but I'm not sure if I wanna live. I don't know how I will survive next 50 years. :(

But God, I'm in love with Her soo much, and She is badly with me.

ShyNLonely said:
Seosa said:

She is in love with me, badly. And I love her sooo much. And ... again, life gave me a really hard time, and I'm not sure what God wants from me. And yes, it is real ... I think I will spend the rest of my life with Her ... but I'm not sure if I wanna live. I don't know how I will survive next 50 years. :(

But God, I'm in love with Her soo much, and She is badly with me.

Then you should start your journey with her. Allow that love to flourish and let it strengthen you. This could, and should, be the making of you. I really hope it is :)

I don't agree with Seosa on one thing, that is the "Be very careful, don't allow yourself to get hurt" part, I was 31 when an intern I really really liked but would never have let her know because she was not even 20 at the time, declared her love for me... And I was in shock, here I am a 31 year old never had a girlfriend guy and I have a 19 year old blonde bombshell (and yes she really was) come up to ME...

I couldn't believe it, she liked me, she wanted me, but I had fear, I had anxiety and I was unsure, It took me 3 weeks to get to the point where I was ready to believe this was really happening, and I was ale to commit fully.

Now I did get hurt, I got hurt badly, it was my biggest fear come true, yet again someone that lifts me up only to abandon me like I was nothing, for months I wished I never allowed myself to feel, that she had never crossed my path for I was stable, and I was happy with my life, I had resigned hope for ever finding anyone and was at peace...

So now I hurt, and now I cried daily and I hated myself again, I felt like I lost 10 years of progress in just 3 weeks time, I'll skip a it here and get to the at where I started crying less and came to the realization that I didn't want to e alone all my life, I still had dreams and hopes for the future, and without her and the hurt she put me through, I would not have know, I would have stayed in the safety of the shadows...

So don't be careful, you might get hurt, you can't be committed and stay safe!

Ahh yes...I fell in love once and indeed it's one of the most amazing feelings ever.Just enjoy it mate and maybe it will blossom into a concrete relationship...but if it doesn't and the honeysuckle hits the fan when you break up just try to learn from it because there will be others  ;)

The thing is; we both have one very rare diagnosis, and we are same personality type which is also rare. And we feel so connected. And since I was by now hurting her by telling stuff how I feel. And she had a reason to leave. But she stayed. She stayed all the way long. She knows I might die of one type of cancer. But she stayed. I know she cares, she cares like no one before. She is actually first person in my love life who deserved to actually be with me. She fix everything by just telling two simple words, she heals me soo much. And the best part; she is extremely hurt also, and I fix her too. We both have very simular stories, we bothe feel the same, we both have same mindset, we both want the same thing ... I'm lonely, she is lonely, I'm hurt, she is hurt, she was bullied, people did make fun of me too ... and we found ourselfs. And when we are together, everything just feels right, and it's just peacefull and quiet. And we both feel it.

If you found someone you are so connected with, why would you want to lose that? I get that there is a chance you might be hurt, but there is that chance regardless. That's part of life. Love is not the only reason to want to stay alive. You have a lot to offer yourself, the world and someone special like the girl you have. Don't give up on that. You can work through your problems.

Yes. Love will keep you going. But the idea that you can love a person is stupid. Love is a quality not an act. You can't love a person. Love is the sensitivity towards beauty. And being sensitive is upto you.

M_also_lonely said:
Yes. Love will keep you going. But the idea that you can love a person is stupid. Love is a quality not an act. You can't love a person. Love is the sensitivity towards beauty. And being sensitive is upto you.

Love is not a sensitivity towards beauty.  If that were the case, you would be able to choose who you love.  You can't.  You don't always love those who are beautiful, regardless of whether you are talking about inner or outer beauty.

They can't. 

But with like these:

TheRealCallie

Love is not a sensitivity towards beauty. 

"...ve.  You can't." 

they can.

Latest posts

Back