is this a symptom of OCD?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
I gave my advice/opinion on the nose thing in the other thread you made about it.  If you want a diagnosis of something, you will have to go to a medical professional.

Ok, don't recall. But I don't think there were many people who replied. This is also to the many new members that joined since. But can you reiterate what you said then, or is that a huge deal?

Find it yourself.  It's quite easy to do.  Just go look at your threads.  Stop trying to get potential diagnosis from random strangers on the internet who aren't qualified to provide that information.  It doesn't matter what any of us say, it won't give you what you want, unless it is to go on and on about how you might have this or that.  GO SEE A PROFESSIONAL.
Then what's the point of this forum ? Who says there aren't qualified or knowledgeable people here?

It doesn't matter if there are people who are qualified to assess you.  You can NOT get a diagnosis on a forum, even if there is a psychologist here that does that all day long, they could NOT diagnosis someone this way. 

https://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=32943  Might want to read this.....

TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
Restless soul said:
TheRealCallie said:
I gave my advice/opinion on the nose thing in the other thread you made about it.  If you want a diagnosis of something, you will have to go to a medical professional.

Ok, don't recall. But I don't think there were many people who replied. This is also to the many new members that joined since. But can you reiterate what you said then, or is that a huge deal?

Find it yourself.  It's quite easy to do.  Just go look at your threads.  Stop trying to get potential diagnosis from random strangers on the internet who aren't qualified to provide that information.  It doesn't matter what any of us say, it won't give you what you want, unless it is to go on and on about how you might have this or that.  GO SEE A PROFESSIONAL.
Then what's the point of this forum ? Who says there aren't qualified or knowledgeable people here?

It doesn't matter if there are people who are qualified to assess you.  You can NOT get a diagnosis on a forum, even if there is a psychologist here that does that all day long, they could NOT diagnosis someone this way. 

https://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=32943  Might want to read this.....

Wasn't really looking for an offical diagnoses.
My fault I phrased the question as I did. Just wanted to know what people thought of the act I was doing. And I still want to know whether they think it's ocd or anything else that comes to their mind. Or thier advice in general. It's about sharing experiences ideas, advice. Etc.. take ocd out of the equation. I heard from you already callie, thanks. You gave me your opinion. Don't assume everyone thinks like you. Take care

Callie - I know you try to bring my threats to a halt. But my thread wasn't so specific where I asked there any doctors out there who can give me a diagnosis just a general question two members Everyday People to hear the thoughts and Views that's all don't be that literal

"So you see I get these hairs on the tip of my nose kinda stubble-like and most of the time I can easily pluck it out with a tweezer and that is very satisfying when I am able to get it out with ease.

Other times which is why I am writing this. So what will happen is I will see or feel the hair and try to get it out but unlike other times the hairs are not out enough as to where I can grip it with the tweezer so I will dig and pry with the tweezer. And before I know it my nose is a bloody mess from the tweezer puncturing the skin and not getting the hair and sometimes this can be for an hour or longer. And now I must suffer with a blotchy red, blood stained nose

I was wondering what I should do. How would anyone else here handle this??"

I can't speak for anyone else, but here's what I would do: I WOULD STOP MUTILATING MYSELF. By your own admission, you continue this behavior until 'your nose is a bloody mess'. WTF?? Obviously, if the hair isn't long enough to grasp with tweezers then it's not at the point where it's 'stubble-like', is it? 

The definition of stubble: any bristle growth or surface

If the hair hasn't even poked above the surface of the skin on your nose, then it's not stubble yet and you should wait until it's grown enough to get it out with tweezers. 

Yes, your behavior is odd - at least to me, and I would imagine most people would agree with me. Is it OCD? No idea. Maybe you're just really persistent. At any rate, don't continue injuring yourself to this point. 

I can't speak for anyone else, but here's what I would do: I WOULD STOP MUTILATING MYSELF. By your own admission, you continue this behavior until 'your nose is a bloody mess'. WTF?? Obviously, if the hair isn't long enough to grasp with tweezers then it's not at the point where it's 'stubble-like', is it? 

The definition of stubble: any bristle growth or surface

If the hair hasn't even poked above the surface of the skin on your nose, then it's not stubble yet and you should wait until it's grown enough to get it out with tweezers. 

Yes, your behavior is odd - at least to me, and I would imagine most people would agree with me. Is it OCD? No idea. Maybe you're just really persistent. At any rate, don't continue injuring yourself to this point.  :shy: "

Hi Ringwood thanks for your reply and concern regarding this problem. Maybe stuble was the wrong word. What I mean is a coarse like hair that regrows in the same area. That I can usually see and feel and unfortunately not grasp with the tweezers, but I may have in the past with enough persistence but when I can't it turns out real bad as I stated above. Anyway, thanks for writing 

Have you tried pore strips? It'll remove the hairs (even the coarser ones) on the nose and it's a lot easier and less painful compared to a tweezer.
In any case it's still better to see a doctor and get professional advice on OCD.

athelas88 said:
Have you tried pore strips? It'll remove the hairs (even the coarser ones) on the nose and it's a lot easier and less painful compared to a tweezer.
In any case it's still better to see a doctor and get professional advice on OCD.

Yes, and they barely get all the blackheads. So they won't get a stubborn hair not strong enough

Latest posts

Back