Something is missing?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brennabean

Reaction score
I wonder whether the best we can get to is "almost full". I'm not particularly low and haven't been for a while, I've been too busy to be sad lately anyway, but I feel like I've come a long way since my last depressive episode. As far as life goes, mine is going pretty well, I think I'd have more fun if I had friends but then again I'm quite content living with my man at the moment (anyone who's read my previous posts: that's a thing that changed, I'm not feeling so lonely anymore). 
But tonight I just noticed a kind of emptiness, so I was looking at all the online shops for all material things I'd like but none of it sparked any wanting reaction in me. 

Are there any religious/spiritualist people on here who feels like their belief fills a void?

Or is this perhaps nature? 

Oh by the way, hi everybody. I've suddenly appeared back again for a short time only as uni is taking over my life right now. But to the few people on here I talk to I'll message you after I hand in my work! And for the others... Howdy  ;)

I'm religious but I still have that void.

And I think life would be a lot better if I could just stay at a certain level.

I don't think anyone can answer your questions about religion or nature. What if those things are filling a void, but they have a void from something else that you might have that they don't?
I think each person has things that interest them and gives them passion, but no two people are alike. You just have to find what interests you and what you are passionate about. You can try religion or nature, but they won't necessarily be what you are looking for. You just have to keep trying until you figure out what it is.

If there is a God, I don't know if he's toying with me to make me stronger or to see how much I can take before I crack. And he's close to winning.

Callie, I see what you're saying, and I do wonder if I'm lacking a hobby or passion, but I also feel like there's another thing thats missing. I just wondered if there is a void everyone feels and if that's the nature of being human. I specified religion because if there is one thing we all share its existence

Black Manta, I thought that would be the case. I don't know any religious people, but I suppose some questions will never be answered, and some of the ones that have answers may not be satisfying. Is this void incomprehensible? And is that why we feel it? Because we don't have the answer? I don't know. I've not studied philosophy but I doubt philosophers haven't come to an agreement xD

Richard, if there is a god/creator I wonder if he/she/it has any control over events, or he/she/it is dead. They're the only satisfying reasons i believe why evil exists in the world

The old conundrum.
If there is a God and he's omnipotent, omnipresent and all-powerful, is he powerful enough to create a world where even he does not exist? ;-)
Maybe the universe is a drop of water on the shirt of a newborn baby. It's slowly drying.

That theory is as good as any Richard! I think we live in one of those disk things that are in laboratories (I can't remember the name) and actually our creator (if existence had to be created) is a really clumsy scientist.

Brennabean said:
That theory is as good as any Richard! I think we live in one of those disk things that are in laboratories (I can't remember the name) and actually our creator (if existence had to be created) is a really clumsy scientist.

Long, long time ago, I used to be very religious. Seriously, at 16, I considered the priesthood. But, of course, then I met girls (**** you, women! ;-) ) and that was the end of it. Then there was a whole episode with a cult, sorta, and now, well, blank. I'm not quite sure I still believe in stuff, althought I want to. Actually, it doesn't help me avoid depression when I get into the mood of thinking our existence is a series of fortuitous and completely random accidents that might have little to no chance of happening again (if you go Fermi Paradox) or if you go with the more optimistic view that life has a point. Which we don't really know right now. But I envy, and miss, the time when I didn't ask myself all these questions.

Though, considering my current life experiences, if there is some sort of "plan" or "direction" involved...creator and I are going to have several harsh words about it when I bite the bullet.

I have been lonely for a few years. If anyone observed my life they would find that hard to believe. I am married, 28 years next month and have 2 great kids that I am close to.  A good job that I enjoy and i live in a great apartment and have amazing views. I have made some very poor decisions past few years and I am sorry for that. But lately I can’t cope too well. I understand what you are saying. It’s hard to put into words

Latest posts

Back