might be getting fired from job

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdi200

Reaction score
Long story short, i work in warehouse and they have quarterly town-hall meetings  and its was on April 12 of this year during the meeting new quality director was announced and me jokingly said to the security guard who was standing next to me that i had also applied for that job after announcement we all clapped and i as well used a gesture sign gesture sign as perfect).  showing the index finger and thumb touching to make an open circle which Represents good.

fast forward to April 16 (Monday) around 10am warehouse manager came to the floor and took me to the directors office and started questioning me saying that the guard told them that i called the quality director a b*iTch and flipped her off and told me they seen in the footage too that i was flipping her off and i denied it and no i i dint flip her off i used a gesture sign as perfect and never called her a b word.

I was told to write a statement which i did, its April 27 today and i still haven't heard anything,i asked my supervisor day before yesterday he told me he has not heard anything beside telling me that my statement was forwarded to HR.

Since after April 16 it has been very tough on me i feel so depressed and worried what will happen as i have been accused of things that i have not done at all i wonder why society likes to pick on people like that i didnt know such little statement would be used against me this is completly false. Thats the main reason i keep it to myself and dont talk to anybody as i just tried to have a small talk with the person standing next to me but look what was the outcome.

Every morning i wake up thinking what will my day be like at work am i getting walked out and whats even worst is i see the security guard every-morning and talks to me like nothing has happened he greets me good morning and end of the day he be like have a good one buddy. I realized never to trust me as the same one who smiles and talks to you are the same one who stab your back  (i have been on the same job for 7 years and this new guard is  started less than a year ago) 

Thanks for reading like everybody else has problems so am i thought about sharing it with you guys hoping someone can make me feel better

Seems like the security guard either wasn't paying attention to what you actually said and did and just said what he thought he thought you did. Could be after your statement they re-questioned the security guard and re-reviewed the footage and looked at it more carefully. It would have to show without a doubt that you flipped her off because if it doesn't that could come back to bite them. They would have to deal with a wrongful dismissal lawsuit if you so felt to do so. Besides some guys claim the video seems to be their only real evidence that you did what he said you did. I'd ask to see the video for myself.

kamya said:
Find security guard. Take out his eyes. Cut out his tongue. Apply for new security job position. =p

lol that made me laugh that will be a nice come back, i am just a warehouse worker there but ya if i get fired i can apply for security job for the same company where my warehouse hires from and work there lol

Sci-Fi said:
Seems like the security guard either wasn't paying attention to what you actually said and did and just said what he thought he thought you did.  Could be after your statement they re-questioned the security guard and re-reviewed the footage and looked at it more carefully.  It would have to show without a doubt that you flipped her off because if it doesn't that could come back to bite them.  They would have to deal with a wrongful dismissal lawsuit if you so felt to do so.  Besides some guys claim the video seems to be their only real evidence that you did what he said you did.  I'd ask to see the video for myself.

yes that make absolute sense i will keep you guys posted here and yes actually i did ask the director i want to see the video myself and his response RUDELY was so you dont believe what i say and told me to write a statement but ya if it goes down like this i would go for wrongful dismissal lawsuit  thank you for reply

If there is security footage, have you seen it? I would ask to see it. If you didn't do it, I would think it would be cleared up pretty quickly by watching it and showing them what you were doing.

Latest posts

Back