music for driving

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief broom

Reaction score
Being an old git I much prefer peace and silence most of time but if ive got a few hundred miles to do and need to keep awake I might pep up the ride with a few favourites- you'll be able to guess my age from these!  :D  First up dr feelgood always good for seeing the miles away, other choices would be thin lizzy, guns n roses,bowie.hendrix and if I really needed to keep my eyes open some iggy and the stooges would do the trick- cant really identify anymore with the sentiment some of these bands are selling but still have a soft spot for them - iggy used to be a hero of mine - wired on stage rolling around on broken glass to get his 'peak freak' as he described it-any bands that committed these days? 

[youtube]9ILyWFhuf3Y [/youtube]

Just bought Johnny Cash at San Quentin today on vinyl. I've also got the 2000 CD version and that's the most detailed version with the entire gig on it. If you've got a CD player in your car, get that! Or if you've got a cassette player, record it off the CD :p

Chief broom said:
Thanks Seosa, I'm not a great fan of Johnny Cash though his last song was memorable [very poignant] and the guy sure had style!

Aside from the fact that I love me some Johnny Cash, I agree with all of the above :p

This is one of my favorite songs and i use it while i need to feel free while driving under the sun 

[youtube]Zf53Pg2AkdY[/youtube]

AC/DC has some good tunes for driving I think.
[youtube]l482T0yNkeo[/youtube]

Something for a more relaxing slower drive through the countryside,
[youtube]Tm4BrZjY_Sg[/youtube]

"Life is a Highway".

The Tom Cochrane version, not the Rascal Flats garbage version.

Thanks Richard-39 / Athelas88 interesting choices I wonder if these reflect driving styles- can imagine Richard is a nonchalant smooth driver and Athelas varies from speeding to a dawdle- bit untogether maybe  :D hee hee I'm probably totally wrong. I do occasionly find myself humming 'highway to hell' hope it isn't my trajectory.. :cool:

Heres one for any manic speed freeks out there  :D

[youtube]vVdjz5K-t1c [/youtube]

Another Tom Cochrane fan cheers Yukongirl  :)  Evenescencefan912 I had to go and look that track up as it didn't play here- quite mellow and made me think of less manic music I used to play. Had a battered old Honda civic with 5 or so tapes in the glove box and one I would often reach for had this song from sineed oconner- cant remember what album it comes from. Have to admit it brought a tear to my eye when her voice soared off into the stratosphere- not so good when trying to see the road ahead  :rolleyes: :D

[youtube]FHJJCCMEo2w [/youtube]

Haha, i'm actually not a driver (well not officially ;-) ) but I'm far from being casual lol.
One thing I also enjoy, though it's at your own risk and peril depending on what kind of driver you are, is putting on instrumental James Bond music (because the James Bond Theme goes with EVERYTHING). But when you put on a nice, circa 90's James Bond chase tune...well let's just say the pedal has a tendency to become heavier. Mind the missiles and machines guns ;-)

If I could afford it, my dream is a good old 60's or 70's muscle car, the cars I loved since I was a kid and loved watching on tv every week. For example, a 68 Dodge Charger (naturally painted orange with a Southern flag on top lol) or a Pontiac Trans-Am (of course, with a red flashing light up front serving ABSOLUTELY no purpose lol).
Though I'll admit my dream car, since I saw it, has always been a Chevrolet Impala. All black. That sweet engine noise, that beast sounds HUNGRY for miles!

Richard_39 said:
Haha, i'm actually not a driver (well not officially ;-) ) but I'm far from being casual lol.
One thing I also enjoy, though it's at your own risk and peril depending on what kind of driver you are, is putting on instrumental James Bond music (because the James Bond Theme goes with EVERYTHING). But when you put on a nice, circa 90's James Bond chase tune...well let's just say the pedal has a tendency to become heavier. Mind the missiles and machines guns ;-)

If I could afford it, my dream is a good old 60's or 70's muscle car, the cars I loved since I was a kid and loved watching on tv every week. For example, a 68 Dodge Charger (naturally painted orange with a Southern flag on top lol) or a Pontiac Trans-Am (of course, with a red flashing light up front serving ABSOLUTELY no purpose lol).
Though I'll admit my dream car, since I saw it, has always been a Chevrolet Impala. All black. That sweet engine noise, that beast sounds HUNGRY for miles!

Hi Richard I enjoyed reading that  :) muscle cars wouldn't be mycuppahtea but I do appreciate your enthusium! Hell almost makes me go out and buy another superbike....but better not, Murphy wouldn't like being left at home and I probably would last long....
My dream vehicle is much more utilitarian- a Toyota Hiace campervan lwb non turbo diesel- the sort that plods up hills with a line of frustrated car drivers behind! Tough as old boots will cruise to the moon and back. Put my fishing gear in and I can spend weeks away exploring remote and beautiful places!  :cool: :D

ps wouldn't mind having the missiles and machine guns!

[youtube]RvV3nn_de2k[/youtube]

Blister In The Sun - Violent Femmes
[youtube]Ra8VTlXVqUQ[/youtube]

[youtube]3EH7QMVnSRI[/youtube]

[youtube]ezRtSWOHQBo[/youtube]

Richard_39 said:

Muscle cars are my favorite as well.  I'll take any SVT Cobra or Shelby GT350 or GT500, please.  That reminds me, one time when I was riding along with my friend, we pulled up next to someone who made their car into a Knight Rider lookalike, it was pretty cool.  Sweet car choices!

Latest posts

Back