Permanent inferiority complex

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilE

Reaction score
I feel like I am beneath everyone and that everyone has something against me, hates me, dislikes me. I feel worthless compared to everyone. Like everyone is better than me in every single way. I can't even be around people, even when i think about people I think of how worthless and a piece of honeysuckle I am considering everything. I have no friends and no experience in relationships, which rings true to my feelings of not being good enough or worthy enough to have friends, socialize, or even be around people. I cannot relate to anyone, and I feel like I am not even human, that I am an animal, and am treated as such. I can't take this anymore and don't know what to do besides isolating. 

Hi lilE I think at heart you know that's isn't true and the way out and upward out of this particular well of misery is to hold on and illuminate what is true. You remind me of what I felt like when I was young and it was a struggle- like clawing you way upward through a mile of mud- how I did it was to make truth precious and your personal guide- protect it, expand it, become it. Good Luck!

Instead of coming and listing everything you hate about yourself and everything you think is wrong with you, why not list some of the things you DO like about yourself and some of the things that aren't wrong with you?

Nothing is permanent, but it has to start with you.

When I felt like that when I was way younger, I took up a very physical sport. Started training to wrestle.
I went from a 5'4 chubby kid into a 5'10 (I was around 14) 225 pound muscle bound brute. Now, mind you, the only thing that changed was my body, but it also changed my confidence in myself and of course, by cause and effect, it changed people's reactions to me. I suddenly stopped feeling like a wretch and started feeling like a man. Nothing to let you know you're alive and worth something like sweating like a pig and banging up some iron. Plus, I started to volunteer to help out physically ANYONE I could, moving stuff, painting, etc. Made some great friends that way who appreciated me for whom I was. Plus, you know, in relation to your other thread...if you stick to beer, it's actually good for mass lol.

Just a suggestion friend, hope it helps a bit.

You seem to have some demons lilE. The first step to beating them is to look 'em in the face and you're doing that. Good luck on your journey.

lilE said:
I feel like I am beneath everyone and that everyone has something against me, hates me, dislikes me. I feel worthless compared to everyone. Like everyone is better than me in every single way. I can't even be around people, even when i think about people I think of how worthless and a piece of honeysuckle I am considering everything. I have no friends and no experience in relationships, which rings true to my feelings of not being good enough or worthy enough to have friends, socialize, or even be around people. I cannot relate to anyone, and I feel like I am not even human, that I am an animal, and am treated as such. I can't take this anymore and don't know what to do besides isolating. 

Who treats you like an animal and how do they do this? 

If you don't mind me asking

It all depends on where you live and the people around you. Have you ever thought about moving somewhere else where you fit in? Somewhere with more humble people.

Working out gives you bundles of confidence in many areas of life.

lilE said:

I treat my dog pretty good. She has more food and treats than I do. Has more toys than some kids have. Just saying.

Even if you feel like no one can relate, or any of these other thoughts, you should want to do things for you. People won't even have the chance to see that you're worthy if you never give them the chance to.

I can relate, I have this type of complex as well. Can't offer you any advice as I got a lot on my plate as well, I'm not like some of the users above me who seem to be very confident in themselves.

lilE said:

As I read your statement of heartfelt sentiments, I thought about the instances in the past where I felt that way....and there were a few, the early ones worst than the next.....until I managed to not let myself get bludgeoned to death by my creative alter ego, who I named “drama queen” 

It takes only our words, positive or negative, to get us into despair or feel jubilant. It’s that simple. You are now set in negative thoughts which you(we)project in our interactions with others, lots of people get put off when they sense negativity in others, so they withdraw and withhold from interacting with those they simply don’t understand, fear or don’t care to engage. We need to remind ourselves that what we feel is what we unconsciously project to others who interact with us. 

These days if I get into one of my depressive cycles and start to feel sorry for myself and think about my solitude and despair....no visiting from friends and family....whatever....I flip the scene to a time of survival.....a World in which somehow I am the sole survivor.....it works like magic....I stop hoping for emotional feedback and my depressive sliding ride ends abruptly. I move on defeated by my own willful determination to not let my “drama queen” take over. Do whatever works for you....call your humorous negative side a pet name....understand it and make it work for you. We are here to help, because we know exactly how it feels like....I am not cured, but I have learned to live with myself in my solitude, afraid no more.

I'm not sure if this'll make you feel better, but what I do is just focus on the people that I admire - people in my life or famous people (granted we can never be too sure about people we've never met).

The way I think is, as long as you're not going around raping women, molesting children and blowing up tube trains filled with commuters - as long as you're a caring, compassionate individual who respects others and doesn't look down on the less fortunate, then I can say for certain that you're definitely one of the best of humanity.

Feel tearful reading your post, you've become so down on yourself it's spiralled out of control and you're utterly lost. I have been here too in the past, the thing is, everything you say is simply untrue, it is not real. We all do this from time to time, just because we think it doesnt make it true; and it is easily done when spending time alone with our own negative thoughts for too long.

You need to acknowledge that when you compare yourself to others it serves you in no way at all. Then you need to promise yourself 'I'm not doing it anymore'.

When it happens, distract yourself with something else, if you commit to doing this, eventually one day you will realise I dont do that anymore, it has gone and I feel better about myself and being with others. You can gain contol here and get past this x

Latest posts

Back