I'd like to share some advice for your future

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphacompton

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Disclaimer: I haven't found happiness in companionship yet, but I went through a lot this year and would like to share my experience so far. I got very sick at the start of the year, it looked like a tumor was infected. Anyway the doctors still don't know what it was but I have been very overweight (obese) for most of my life , diet and exercise never helped much. The doctors always told my parents I was at risk for diabetes and eventually told them I AM diabetic but my dad was really crazy about being against medications, almost extremist about it, but when I went to the ER and started seeing many doctors they told me I need to take my medication, if I don't I will have trouble healing after the surgery. Many doctors and nurses told me this exact line. I remember a doctor in the past being shocked when I told him I didn't want to take the medication, he asked "but why? You'll lose weight...". 
Anyway the surgery was a success and I'm not at risk for a cancerous tumor anymore thankfully but my highlight has been that I followed my doctor's advice and started taking my medication and I also started trying a new eating regime called "Science Based six pack abs" and the results have been amazing in only a few months. I weighed about 299 pounds last year but I lost over 20 pounds so far and I'm actually wearing older clothes again one size down for both shirts and pants. Everyone has loved my new transformation and some of my female work friends who avoided the topic of relationships are now asking when I'm going to find a girl. 

My advice is beyond the health benefit here, my advice is to do whatever you can do. Don't wait, don't be patient. There's a natural flow to life, and when that flow becomes interrupted , it's hard to judge how and when it can return to normal (The flow being life with Love being a part of it). 
Please see your doctor, pay if you have to , see what you can do, get checked for various things and DO WHAT YOUR DOCTOR TELLS YOU. I started doing ab crunches every day and night but I plan to join a gym when I finish healing. Don't worry about keeping to your own ideals about society and looks and/or patriarchy, get fit, do whatever it takes. Look good and then worry about other aspects in your life.  I'm slowly learning that it's not about the opposite sex being shallow or only liking people for looks... your health says a lot about you and if you have control over it, you should make it say positive things. I've been looking at the world differently since I got sick and was isolated for a while but I keep thinking about how I'm basically invisible to women and I used to feel bitter around it, like it was someone else's fault but that's not true. Now I'm just curious , why? I want to know and I want to change it.

Latest posts

Back