Had a great first date but now im confused

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawx79

Reaction score
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]So I met a woman on a date site and we decided to meet a few days later. In the mean time I tried to get to know her more while chatting but she wanted to keep it very short despite her having alot free time. [/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] So when we finally met I wasn't too sure if she would even show up, but she did! She explained she doesn't like to chat.[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]At the end she said she enjoyed our date and would like to go again soon with me and that's she would contact me about it.[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]So I feel my hands are tied and after 3 days she hasn't written me at all.[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]You people think she is legit with me or keeping me on so to speak?[/font]

Do you like her? If I was you I'd send her message inviting her out again.

DarkSelene said:
Do you like her? If I was you I'd send her message inviting her out again.

Yea I really like her and I already send her a message after we dated the same day and we already planned where our next meeting will be but then she said she would let me know when she is ready. But it has been 3 days now and she doesn't like to chat with me but I sometimes see her online shortly. She obviously isn't afraid of losing me!

Did she give you her phone number? If not, that does not bode well for you. From this point, wait roughly one week, and fire a text message. Not to arrange another date, but just to see how her week has been. If she replies, initiate some chit-chat. Wait another week, rinse and repeat. Only after the third conversation should you attempt to set up another date.

If she didn't reply, wait another week. If you haven't heard back by that point, assume the worst and move on.

Red_Wedding_Casualty said:
Did she give you her phone number? If not, that does not bode well for you. From this point, wait roughly one week, and fire a text message. Not to arrange another date, but just to see how her week has been. If she replies, initiate some chit-chat. Wait another week, rinse and repeat. Only after the third conversation should you attempt to set up another date.

If she didn't reply, wait another week. If you haven't heard back by that point, assume the worst and move on.

Yea before the date she gave me her number. I wrote her again today after 3 days of our date but she gave me quickly answer and logged of again. She obviously doesn't wanna chat with me.
But after the date she enjoyed our date and said wanted to meet again, so I'm confused now.

Look, don't go crazy over this, she said she liked the date and she already said she wants to go out again so there's nothing to be stressed out about now. It's the beginning of something and being clingy is not too good, but even though she doesn't want to chat too much, you can still ask her how she's doing and wish her a good day... Maybe later on when you guys have more intimacy you can tell her that you like knowing how she's doing.

I know you're confused, but try to not suffer in advance.

I wrote her today, she wrote me back quickly and logged of again, without asking anything about me. Only 3 days ago after the date we had made new plans for a second date and now she doesn't even care what I'm doing or feeling.
And I feel a sudden extreme feeling of loneliness because of this. She is being so vague with me and I simply don't understand it. I think if I don't write her at all she will simply forget about me despite her telling me she would liked to go on another date with me as soon as she finds a "cheap train ticket". Am I worth that much?

Did she give a reason for logging off? Maybe she was busy. How exactly do you know she doesn't care? Did she say that or are you just making that up because she logged off?
Seriously people, stop thinking for others....you don't know what they are thinking.

She said her 6 year old son from her ex husband was coming to visit her but she has been like this after we dated 3 days ago. Everytime when I want to chat with her she just tries to end the conversation as fast as possible with an excuse, like she is hungry or needs to do groceries etc.

So maybe her kid is there and she doesn't want the child to know about a guy she is dating (which is NOT a bad thing). Or maybe she's busy with her son. Stop jumping to conclusions.

TheRealCallie said:
So maybe her kid is there and she doesn't want the child to know about a guy she is dating (which is NOT a bad thing).  Or maybe she's busy with her son.  Stop jumping to conclusions.

Unlikely, she has been like this the moment after the first date and that was 3 days ago.

TheRealCallie said:
NOT unlikely, because chances are very high that she knew they were coming before your date 3 days ago and might I remind you that today is Mother's Day....

I know its mothers day today that's why I wanted to congratulate her.
Her son was at her ex husband all week so she could have written me before her son arrived. And he is even 6 years old! It's no big deal anyway to chat with someone. Its just chat, not sex!

Anyway my plan is to wait a week and then ask her about that new date we planned. If she decides to postpone it or whatever I'm just gonna delete her from my list.

I really liked her and she was very friendly, I felt good with her. So It hurts me now that she doesn't want to communicate with me after the date, even though she didn't reject me but gives me a cold careless attitude now.

Just stop messaging her FFS! Sorry but you're not helping things, you're making yourself look needy (at best), and a potential problem/pest at worst.

There was a reason she said she'll let you know - she doesn't want to be bothered. It doesn't bode well when someone says this, but then I tend to read negative things into situations, and the fact that she has a child probably has a lot do with it as well.

If she doesn't message you after a couple of weeks, then you'll know.

ardour said:
Just stop messaging her FFS! Sorry but you're not helping things, you're making yourself look needy (at best), and a potential problem/pest at worst.

There was a reason she said she'll let you know - she doesn't want to be bothered. It doesn't bode well when someone says this, but then I tend to read negative things into situations, and the fact that she has a child probably has a lot do with it as well.

Yes your right I think. My gut feeling now is that she just wanted to have a nice day out without any serious intentions with me.

Hawx79 said:
ardour said:

Yes your right I think. My gut feeling now is that she just wanted to have a nice day out without any serious intentions with me.

Do you want to know why you (and I'm sure several others here) can't hold down a relationship?  This right here.  You obsess, you bother, you send out so many red flags.  In other words, YOU ruin the relationship before it can even think about getting started. 
The woman has a 6 year old son.  Now, I know this may be difficult for some of you to understand, but sometimes women actually care and do honeysuckle with their children.  The child is not in school over the weekend and it's a **** holiday weekend.  So she is likely spending time with her kid, who will likely always be more important than you....sorry, but with any good mother, that's how it's going to be.  The KID comes first, not some guy she had one date with.  Let the woman have some time with her son, for fresia's sake.  She told you he was coming, most likely so you would understand that she might not be able to chat with you.  Now stop with the obsession, stop getting jealous of a 6 year old and maybe just see where it goes, because if you keep up this crap, you won't have any chance of getting a relationship. And I don't care if you say you don't do this around her, it will show, it will come across in your messages because you are too negative and have already given up on something that never even really started.

There is NO greater love than that between a mother and child. Understand and accept this, and you'll be OK. Try to change it, and you may as well try to turn the tide. You can't. And you'll be shown the door.

Latest posts

Back