I think I'm a little better, I hope

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwi

Reaction score
It's been a while, guys.

Last time I had enough courage to post, i was in a very dark place. This forum is probably one of the few reasons i made it thru those years.

I had a devastating break up. Betrayed, crushed to pieces and thrown out for the vultures.

I quit my job, took a new one halfway across the planet, and wallowed in regret, anger and depression. About three years into the rabbit hole I finally saw a glimpse of hope. Some very Important people helped me find something new to fight for.

I've moved on, and my regret and anger is gone for good. But the funny thing is after I finally won, life went and said "this is not even my final form". Now I have new challenges and still struggle with depression.

The difference is now I confront it face to face instead of hiding behind distractions. So yeah... I think I'm a little better, I hope.

Oh and I went from being broke living on ramen to not having to worry about money, I guess having no purpose makes you a good worker.

Welcome back. Glad you are doing better. You will always have challenges in life. It would get pretty boring if you didn't, right? Just keep breathing and putting one foot in front of the other and you'll be okay.
We all have a purpose. It just takes some people a little longer to figure it out. :)

Hey Dwi, good to see you on here again and glad you're handling things better now.

Dwi said:
I guess having no purpose makes you a good worker.

It just hit me when I read this line, how much I relate to it. It's probably the root reason why I put so much time into my job. Just not able to see what I'd like to have in my future, and I don't see the purpose in it.

ladyforsaken said:
Hey Dwi, good to see you on here again and glad you're handling things better now.

Dwi said:
I guess having no purpose makes you a good worker.

It just hit me when I read this line, how much I relate to it. It's probably the root reason why I put so much time into my job. Just not able to see what I'd like to have in my future, and I don't see the purpose in it.

Hmm, so true... sad thing is that I always pride myself on being "a good worker" as well, it has stated te define me over the years, so much that I am my job in almost everything I do, talk about work, think about ways to be better at my job, looking for interesting educational programs. And there is no looking further than the job....

Latest posts

Back