I am lonely

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelyIsaac

Reaction score
Hello community,

I am going to complain about my lonely life, I am going to try to keep this as short and undetailed as possible since I don't think that people would like to read about my shitty problems in life :s

I am Isaac, I am 17 years old, I have no friends, I am wasting my time and it hurts me watching snapchats of my classmates having fun and going out and I am just here sitting behind my laptop doing nothing useful at all.

I am a blackhat hacker so I am not short on money, meaning that I don't work, so I don't have any social contact with anyone outside of school.

I am following an ICT school college where we do pretty much nothing, it's in my opinion a horrible school, after school I come home and I am doing nothing as well since we don't get any homework or anything like that.

I feel like I am wasting my time, doing nothing useful, and staying up late because I am too busy with my phone wasting my time, I nearly don't play games anymore since it makes me more depressed than I already am, I have nobody to talk with.

Does anyone have any good suggestion?
I went to the gym, hoping to make myself feel better to have people around me but that doesn't help.

Any reply would be really appreciated.

Thanks a lot for your time!  :rolleyes:

Hey LonelyIsacc welcome to the forum.

When I was 17 I was in a similar situation, I had no friends either and spent most my time on the computer. High school can really suck for a lot of people, but it doesn't last forever, and at 17 you're almost done, try to hang in there. I was able to make a decent group of friends in college, you just got to go out and be active. I remember Going across campus to get a smoothie and saw some students playing soccer and asked to join them, that was goodness, 9 years ago. Today I went to a going away party for one of those friends as they're moving away for a new job after their doctorate, but we hung out quite a bit during college and a little bit after I finished my bachelors and moved back to my home town. I still text with a friend I made that then moved to LA. I also made a friend a few months ago at the gym and we hang out quite a bit.

Music and working out help me a lot. What kind of music do you like? Have you tried playing an instrument or just making music with music software on your computer?

I would also recommend giving the gym another try, and just focus on getting a good workout in, do some easy jogging or try doing some weights and put some good upbeat tunes on. You can also check to see if your gym offers any free group exercise or yoga classes.

Try drawing or painting or even doing some of those adult coloring books, or do some sudoku that's fun and you can listen to music while doing those.

For now I'd recommend, just focusing on learning and studying for your classes, and just make it through high school, life isn't exactly a picnic afterwards, but I think it's better than high school, and try doing some regular exercise, even if you don't get an endorphin rush out of it, it's still good to stay/get fit and health.

I hope that helps, and if you want feel free to PM me, I like messaging people here, and getting to hear and talk about their day.

:)

evanescencefan912 said:
Hey LonelyIsacc welcome to the forum.

When I was 17 I was in a similar situation, I had no friends either and spent most my time on the computer. High school can really suck for a lot of people, but it doesn't last forever, and at 17 you're almost done, try to hang in there. I was able to make a decent group of friends in college, you just got to go out and be active. I remember Going across campus to get a smoothie and saw some students playing soccer and asked to join them, that was goodness, 9 years ago. Today I went to a going away party for one of those friends as they're moving away for a new job after their doctorate, but we hung out quite a bit during college and a little bit after I finished my bachelors and moved back to my home town. I still text with a friend I made that then moved to LA.  I also made a friend a few months ago at the gym and we hang out quite a bit.

Music and working out help me a lot. What kind of music do you like? Have you tried playing an instrument or just making music with music software on your computer?

I would also recommend giving the gym another try, and just focus on getting a good workout in, do some easy jogging or try doing some weights and put some good upbeat tunes on. You can also check to see if your gym offers any free group exercise or yoga classes.

Try drawing or painting or even doing some of those adult coloring books, or do some sudoku that's fun and you can listen to music while doing those.

For now I'd recommend, just focusing on learning and studying for your classes, and just make it through high school, life isn't exactly a picnic afterwards, but I think it's better than high school, and try doing some regular exercise, even if you don't get an endorphin rush out of it, it's still good to stay/get fit and health.

I hope that helps, and if you want feel free to PM me, I like messaging people here, and getting to hear and talk about their day.

:)

Sir,

Thanks a lot for your reply!
I don't really have any good songs where I like to listen to, my gym offers free group exercises and yoga classes but I am not really interested in it.

I can't draw or anything like that, my 'talent' was gaming but I can't achieve anything in life with it so I stopped wasting my time in there.

I am still trying to brainstorm to find some fun things to do, I went to a cryptocurrency event but nobody took me seriously since I was the only underage kid in there :/

Thanks again, I will try to find something else fun to do!  :)

It sounds like you are very hard on yourself Isaac. It also sounds like you have a great deal of potential but you feel like you are wasting it and then you beat yourself up about it. I would be willing to bet you are above average intelligence since people with low intelligence could really care less whether or not they are wasting their time.

My advice: be more like those less intelligent people. If you like playing video games and they put a smile on your face, who cares if it is immature and leading nowhere? Life can be hard enough without beating yourself up over things you actually enjoy doing. I'm 50 years old and have a very immature love of cars. I have one car that is perfectly reliable, fun to drive and flexible, so what did I do? I bought another car because it puts a smile on my face every time I look at it, drive it, or even think about it. I also like racing games on the computer so recently I spent way too much money building a new gaming computer, along with steering wheel/pedals and a mounting system all so I could play a game that will do nothing for me besides put a smile on my face.

As you get older you may find that there are very few things in this world more important than doing something that makes you smile. So, shut off your brain, sit back and enjoy yourself! Once you start easing up on yourself and doing things you enjoy again you should find it easier to try other things, enjoy being around other people, etc...

One other idea: you may be bored so have you thought about online technology classes? Lynda.com offers many courses on programming databases, web design, etc... I always find that learning something new makes me feel better about myself and that momentum builds over time.

Good luck!

Brightside4 said:
It sounds like you are very hard on yourself Isaac. It also sounds like you have a great deal of potential but you feel like you are wasting it and then you beat yourself up about it. I would be willing to bet you are above average intelligence since people with low intelligence could really care less whether or not they are wasting their time.

My advice: be more like those less intelligent people. If you like playing video games and they put a smile on your face, who cares if it is immature and leading nowhere? Life can be hard enough without beating yourself up over things you actually enjoy doing. I'm 50 years old and have a very immature love of cars. I have one car that is perfectly reliable, fun to drive and flexible, so what did I do? I bought another car because it puts a smile on my face every time I look at it, drive it, or even think about it. I also like racing games on the computer so recently I spent way too much money building a new gaming computer, along with steering wheel/pedals and a mounting system all so I could play a game that will do nothing for me besides put a smile on my face.

As you get older you may find that there are very few things in this world more important than doing something that makes you smile. So, shut off your brain, sit back and enjoy yourself! Once you start easing up on yourself and doing things you enjoy again you should find it easier to try other things, enjoy being around other people, etc...

One other idea: you may be bored so have you thought about online technology classes? Lynda.com offers many courses on programming databases, web design, etc... I always find that learning something new makes me feel better about myself and that momentum builds over time.

Good luck!
Wow, Sir

Thanks for sharing your story with me, and your experience and opinion, I have always looked up to older people like a god, and now one of them shares a story with me! :D
No offense though, I am experienced at programming since I started learning it by myself at a young age to make some small money for myself so I don't have to work in the stores in my spare time, but now I have way too much spare time and I am doing nothing useful with it, the games that I play do make me more mad since it's a shooter game where you get matched up with randoms who you can speak to, I always get matched up with screaming Russians and it really takes the fun away.

For you gaming may put a smile on your face, and to me it doesn't, but what are the good things of gaming? You play games and eventually you will die like anyone else, and then you might be thinking, what have I achieved in life, have I made the world a better place?

Well, I have been playing games all my life and all the progress that I have made is completely useless, maybe I am thinking the wrong way and looking from the wrong side, but to me life doesn't really matter, you live poor or rich, you have fun or not, you will die and forget everything that you have done and you will never come back on earth. That makes me depressed to think about and it really gives me thoughts that life just goes away eventually and that nothing is permanent.

Maybe my depression is causing me things that I am thinking the wrong way.

Sorry if any of what I have said offended you, this are just my thoughts and opinions, maybe I will look betyer up to life when I get older.

Sorry for any typing mistakes, I wrote this on my phone and it took me a while to type this, I don't want to recheck everything for spelling mistakes :p

Thanks a lot for your comment!

Greet,

Isaac

Sir?!#, where is a "Sir", I don't see a "Sir". All I see here is a 15 year old boy stuck in a 49 year old man's body trying to figure out what he wants to be when he grows up. There is no need to throw around verbal abuses like "Sir". :)

Anyway, I assumed you enjoyed the games you were playing but if they make you frustrated and angry, then absolutely stop. There are other games out there that may put a smile on your face though, so don't give up on that necessarily.

Also, forgive me for my ignorance in my first post. I have worked in IT for ~20 years but I was not familiar with the term "black hacker". I was at work at the time and did not want to raise flags by doing a search like that on the company internet. Knowing that not all hacking is bad I just assumed that if someone was proudly announcing they are a "black hacker" then it must be a good thing. I was surprised to see that this is not the case and a "black hacker" by definition is on the bad side of hacking. For those interested: every computer system has bugs and vulnerabilities and every new version of software and hardware has more. Exploiting these problems is how criminals are able to steal your identity, credit card information, etc... The crooks may not have the expertise to find these vulnerabilities however so they pay "black hackers" to go find the issues and give them the information. It sounds like this is where you fit in, Isaac. On the other side of the hacking fence are "white hackers". These people work to find the same vulnerabilities but instead of selling what they found to criminals they instead work within the industry to fix the issues before criminals can exploit them. If you are a talented "white hacker" you will have no problems finding a job for the foreseeable future.

So, Isaac. I think you may likely be depressed and this is affecting your thinking. I think you will have a hard time digging out and making friends, etc... until you start doing something productive with your talents vs. destructive. You are in a good position to be realizing this now vs. 30 years from now. I think many criminals get caught up in the adrenaline rush and the easy money they can make and don't realize for many years that they just aren't happy. By the time they come to the understanding that their life has been a waste they can't really change directions and do something different. You are in a position now where you see that you are wasting your talents on something that is not making you feel good about yourself. You made the comment that games are a total waste and the world is not a better place if all you do is play games. I would argue that games and playing in general are 100 times more useful to the world than "black hacking". I doubt that you will even partially agree to this right now, but maybe a little bit of what I have said will sink in and affect you at some point.

Another option: you are young and very talented. If you continue to see life as useless, how about finding a way to switch bodies with me. This way you won't have near as long to suffer the toils of this world and I get a chance to experience life all over again. Deal?

LonelyIsaac, do natural environments like forested woody areas, meadows, seashore or lakeshore regions or any accessible nature preserves or parks play any role in your life?  Humans evolved in places like that.  Being indoors and interacting with a tech oriented world all the time deprives people of a sensory input that is as necessary to our mental health as proper nutrition is to our physical health.
Socializing with people in the outdoors real world takes on a different, more alive and dynamic dimension too.
It's just a thought.....BTW, I'm a lot older than you, 65 yrs old.  It's like being a different nationality, a couple of generations apart....we both grew up in different worlds actually.... :cool:

Did you ever think that maybe it's your....for the lack of a better word..."hobby" that might contribute to your issues. I know personally I would not want to be friends or associate with someone who is a blackhat hacker. I'm surprised you even want to admit that is what you do. Sorry, you might be a real nice guy but that would put me off of being friends with someone morally and ethically.

Gym is a good idea. I have no idea how teenagers are socializing these days, so maybe I'm not the best one to advise. Any activity of theirs that interests you and has clubs, groups, etc, is an option. If the lack of productivity after school bothers you, then going to the gym just to be in better shape can help. You don't have to sit and wait until the next school day. You can go work on things you'll be proud of on your own time.

Brightside4 said:
Sir?!#, where is a "Sir", I don't see a "Sir". All I see here is a 15 year old boy stuck in a 49 year old man's body trying to figure out what he wants to be when he grows up. There is no need to throw around verbal abuses like "Sir". :)

Anyway, I assumed you enjoyed the games you were playing but if they make you frustrated and angry, then absolutely stop. There are other games out there that may put a smile on your face though, so don't give up on that necessarily.

Also, forgive me for my ignorance in my first post. I have worked in IT for ~20 years but I was not familiar with the term "black hacker". I was at work at the time and did not want to raise flags by doing a search like that on the company internet. Knowing that not all hacking is bad I just assumed that if someone was proudly announcing they are a "black hacker" then it must be a good thing. I was surprised to see that this is not the case and a "black hacker" by definition is on the bad side of hacking. For those interested: every computer system has bugs and vulnerabilities and every new version of software and hardware has more. Exploiting these problems is how criminals are able to steal your identity, credit card information, etc... The crooks may not have the expertise to find these vulnerabilities however so they pay "black hackers" to go find the issues and give them the information. It sounds like this is where you fit in, Isaac. On the other side of the hacking fence are "white hackers". These people work to find the same vulnerabilities but instead of selling what they found to criminals they instead work within the industry to fix the issues before criminals can exploit them. If you are a talented "white hacker" you will have no problems finding a job for the foreseeable future.

So, Isaac. I think you may likely be depressed and this is affecting your thinking. I think you will have a hard time digging out and making friends, etc... until you start doing something productive with your talents vs. destructive. You are in a good position to be realizing this now vs. 30 years from now. I think many criminals get caught up in the adrenaline rush and the easy money they can make and don't realize for many years that they just aren't happy. By the time they come to the understanding that their life has been a waste they can't really change directions and do something different. You are in a position now where you see that you are wasting your talents on something that is not making you feel good about yourself. You made the comment that games are a total waste and the world is not a better place if all you do is play games. I would argue that games and playing in general are 100 times more useful to the world than "black hacking". I doubt that you will even partially agree to this right now, but maybe a little bit of what I have said will sink in and affect you at some point.

Another option: you are young and very talented. If you continue to see life as useless, how about finding a way to switch bodies with me. This way you won't have near as long to suffer the toils of this world and I get a chance to experience life all over again. Deal?

About the blackhat, I was trying to explain my situation I am in, I am starting to regret a bit for saying that, I could have also just told that I don't work in stores because I make money on my own without working for any boss.

I will think about changing to a white hacker, but I don't like to work for a boss who tells me what to do, I can use my skill to work for myself.

And yes, I am actually making the world a worse place by using the bugs and vulnerabilities in my advantage of making money.

Thanks for your opinion and advice, it made me look some things from a different side  :)

constant stranger said:
LonelyIsaac, do natural environments like forested woody areas, meadows, seashore or lakeshore regions or any accessible nature preserves or parks play any role in your life?  Humans evolved in places like that.  Being indoors and interacting with a tech oriented world all the time deprives people of a sensory input that is as necessary to our mental health as proper nutrition is to our physical health.
Socializing with people in the outdoors real world takes on a different, more alive and dynamic dimension too.
It's just a thought.....BTW, I'm a lot older than you, 65 yrs old.  It's like being a different nationality, a couple of generations apart....we both grew up in different worlds actually.... :cool:

I am walking in the forest very much times since it clears up my mind, there are no other people so I can just feel free without anyone watching me.
Thanks for your advice, I always like to get advice and experiences from older people.

Sci-Fi said:
Did you ever think that maybe it's your....for the lack of a better word..."hobby" that might contribute to your issues.  I know personally I would not want to be friends or associate with someone who is a blackhat hacker.  I'm surprised you even want to admit that is what you do.  Sorry, you might be a real nice guy but that would put me off of being friends with someone morally and ethically.

Yeah, I regret saying that, I could have told my story less detailed.
I am a nice guy, but I do bad things to earn my income with.

I do understand what you're saying, and that could be the reasons that I don't have friends.

Tealeaf said:
Gym is a good idea. I have no idea how teenagers are socializing these days, so maybe I'm not the best one to advise. Any activity of theirs that interests you and has clubs, groups, etc, is an option. If the lack of productivity after school bothers you, then going to the gym just to be in better shape can help. You don't have to sit and wait until the next school day. You can go work on things you'll be proud of on your own time.

Yes, this generation has been ruined with social media and the mobile phones, it's harder to communicate or get to learn others in real life now.
Yes I am working at home, not in stores or anything like that, I see working in stores an opportunity to earn money and not to get to know others.

I think you should get a job. I know you don't need money (which puts you ahead of 99% of us) but I think you might need to get out into the world and interact with people. Think of it as acquiring important life skills. Until the zombie apocalypse rolls around you will have to deal with people. They are like everywhere. It's awful. So get a part-time job on weekends-someplace that has a lot of people. A movie theatre maybe? Then you can see movies for free (I think). 

When I was 17 and lonely I developed so many bad habits that just continued on into adulthood. I assumed that since I was lonely then I would always be lonely. This negative energy just feeds on itself and you end up making your life so much worse. Your situation may only be temporary. 

And since you don't need that money from that part-time job you can just send it to me. We can set up a direct deposit to make it easier for you.

But seriously, get a job. That will help you immensely.

Black Manta said:
I think you should get a job. I know you don't need money (which puts you ahead of 99% of us) but I think you might need to get out into the world and interact with people. Think of it as acquiring important life skills. Until the zombie apocalypse rolls around you will have to deal with people. They are like everywhere. It's awful. So get a part-time job on weekends-someplace that has a lot of people. A movie theatre maybe? Then you can see movies for free (I think). 

When I was 17 and lonely I developed so many bad habits that just continued on into adulthood. I assumed that since I was lonely then I would always be lonely. This negative energy just feeds on itself and you end up making your life so much worse. Your situation may only be temporary. 

And since you don't need that money from that part-time job you can just send it to me. We can set up a direct deposit to make it easier for you.

Dude what...? You can't just ask from him to send you the money. I seriously hope that you're joking otherwise that is sick. Even if he doesnt need the money now, he can use it for future investment.

poorbugger said:
Black Manta said:

Dude what...? You can't just ask from him to send you the money. I seriously hope that you're joking otherwise that is sick. Even if he doesnt need the money now, he can use it for future investment.
I was joking. That's why I put the "but seriously" in there. Maybe I need to learn how to use emojis.

Black Manta said:
poorbugger said:
Black Manta said:

I was joking. That's why I put the "but seriously" in there. Maybe I need to learn how to use emojis.

Nah, some people can't really see when someone is sarcastic or not, but using emojis would make it better to understand.
I have invested a lot of money into many different cryptocurrency coins, if you invested $100 into nano you would have $300.000+ return from it in less than a year.

I've been into cryptocurrencies for a year now, and I do see my coins having more value.

Investing into cryptocurrency is the best thing, will eventually take down the banks just like how the mobile phones dominated the landline phones and uber that dominated the taxi.

If you come back to this post after a few years then I can guarantee you that you're a millionaire if you invested more than $1.000 in any cryptocurrency.

poorbugger said:
Black Manta said:

He was sarcastic :p
Thank you for your support btw! :D

Black Manta said:

Getting a job soon by a cinema, pure for the contact with others, I don't need the $6 per hour lol, will probably donate it

Latest posts

Back