Hi, Everyone

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seafain

Reaction score
Well, hi all.  I found this site a couple of months ago, but am just now introducing myself.  I figure there's no point in hanging around if I don't interact; so, here I am.  Lonliness is something I never truly thought about until the realization of it came into my life.  Mine is part self-imposed and part dismissal from others.  I had a good chilhood and many friends growing up.  However, somewhere along the way I began to shut people out.  The main reason is because I do not trust anyone.  I have been screwed over a few times by those that called themselves friends.  The 'nail in the coffin', so-to-speak, was being cheated on.  That ruins a person.  It especially kills any kind of trust with potential love interest.  I haven't had a girlfriend in so long that my neighbor actually told me one day she thought I was either gay or celibate.  Anyways, I don't feel lonely, but I can't help but think quite often how nice it would be to have someone around to talk with and be able to trust.  I have co-worker friends, but when I leave work I have no contact with any of them.  None of them share my interests.  And what's more, I just can't trust them not to blab to the other co-workers about anything concerning my private life.  I know we live in a world which privacy is non-existent now, but trusting someone to keep your secrets (however mundane) is an impossibility for me.  I don't do facebook; never have for obvious reasons.  I'm sure everyone here suffers lonliness in varying degrees for different (and similar) reasons.  That is why I am here.  I think interacting with people in my shoes will be good for me.  Most importantly, though, I believe I can talk with any of you and not be judged.  So, I am glad to have found this site and hope some good comes out of it. 
    Oh, by the way, I live in the U.S. and am 43 years old.  Ummm, can't think of much else to say about myself, so guess that's all.  Thanks for having me.

I have had a lot of the same issues in the past or present. Good family, friends growing up, then I started shutting out others mainly because of my own fears. I have plenty of interests so I'm not sitting around crying in my tea, but I have had enough experience to know that life can be more rewarding when there are others that care about you on some level. The great thing about communicating online is that you can open yourself up but stay anonymous and take less risk that way. Even when you share things and the other person disappears, you realize that making yourself vulnerable wasn't so bad. I am much more of an open book now even though I know that the vast majority of times I share things with somebody it will be greeted with apathy, ridicule, or rejection. These things hurt me less and less as time goes on and the more I do it the better chance I have of making some real connections with people.

Welcome!

Hi Seafain welcome to the forum. What are some of your interests? Feel free to send me a PM I'd like to hear more about you and your days.

I'm also in the in US, I'm in the Midwest.

Latest posts

Back