Nothing is enjoyable anymore!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 144932

Reaction score
Nothing is enjoyable anymore. I feel so numb and down all the time. I have suffered from depression and anxiety now for around 4 years and it definitely shows. I’m attractive, smart and all that, but I don’t really care about that. I just want to live without this pain I have inside of me. 

No distractions work anymore. I can’t watch movies or play video games anymore. I do not enjoy chocolate or sweets either. I don’t even enjoy masturbating. Everything just feels so bland. 

Sorry for my rambling. I just had to vent.

A comment would be appreciated.

The bad news is that it sucks feeling that way and it is hard to get out. The good news is that it is all inside your head and it is always possible to move in a different direction. I sent you some other ideas via PM, but I didn't mention pets as an option. Some people don't have the option or just don't like them, but they are great at forcing you to think about something besides your worries and can be quite entertaining as well. My daughter and I adopted two kittens from a shelter last year in spite of already having an old dog, because as I told her "It's impossible to be sad or depressed while watching kittens playing."

Hang in there!

Brightside4 said:
The bad news is that it sucks feeling that way and it is hard to get out. The good news is that it is all inside your head and it is always possible to move in a different direction. I sent you some other ideas via PM, but I didn't mention pets as an option. Some people don't have the option or just don't like them, but they are great at forcing you to think about something besides your worries and can be quite entertaining as well. My daughter and I adopted two kittens from a shelter last year in spite of already having an old dog, because as I told her "It's impossible to be sad or depressed while watching kittens playing."

Hang in there!

Thanks for your comment!

Hey justanotherguy, I can kind of relate, I'm not really interested in video games or the guitar any more, which I use to be obsessed about when I was younger. I donno maybe it's part of growing up.

Try mixing it up a little, try listening to some different music from what you're use to, or go out for a walk or get some exercise, try volunteering at some place like a soup kitchen or an animal shelter.

I hope that helps some :)

evanescencefan912 said:
Hey justanotherguy, I can kind of relate, I'm not really interested in video games or the guitar any more, which I use to be obsessed about when I was younger. I donno maybe it's part of growing up.

Try mixing it up a little, try listening to some different music from what you're use to, or go out for a walk or get some exercise, try volunteering at some place like a soup kitchen or an animal shelter.

I hope that helps some :)

Thanks for your reply!

I’ll probably start listening to different music or something like that.

I went through a time not to long ago where I myself felt this way. I was just totally dead and all I wanted to do was lay in bed in silence and stare at a wall. I was so weak and tired I didnt want to move and just getting out of bed and walking to the kitchen to eat was a burden. Listenning to music wasnt enjoyable, playing guitar wasnt enjoyable, talking to friends and, even as you said, masturbating. It sucked but somehow I made it through that. I think youll feel fine after a while. Sorry you have to go through this.

SpectraApocalypse said:
I went through a time not to long ago where I myself felt this way. I was just totally dead and all I wanted to do was lay in bed in silence and stare at a wall. I was so weak and tired I didnt want to move and just getting out of bed and walking to the kitchen to eat was a burden. Listenning to music wasnt enjoyable, playing guitar wasnt enjoyable, talking to friends and, even as you said, masturbating. It sucked but somehow I made it through that. I think youll feel fine after a while. Sorry you have to go through this.

Thanks for your concern. Well, I still don’t feel very well, my anxiety is also making life much harder then  it should be. I’n Currently trying to sleep to no avail. Masturbating used to calm me down, but now it has the opposite effect, it’s hard to explain, by it evokes so many emotions inside of me, mostly negative.

You don’t have to be sorry about anything. Thank you for your message!

Latest posts

Back