Saying hi

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Holly

Reaction score
Hello, new person here. I don't know what to say, really. I have kind of got used to no one listening to anything I have to say! Anyway, hello everyone. I'm 51 years old, recently divorced and and have come to the humiliating realisation that I have no friends, no one who thinks about me and wonders if I'm ok. My marriage was abusive in many ways and I am happy to be free of that.
I feel totally alone, though, despite having 3 adult children. I have no friends and recently left Facebook after getting tired of the tumbleweed blowing through my page.
I enjoy reading, writing, watching movies, walking my dog, and I'm a bit of an introvert.
I think I might be invisible, it's beginning to feel like a real possibility!  :p

Hi Holly and welcome to the forum  :) ive only be here a few months so im a newbie too. I know what you mean by the tumble weed blowing through facebook….though this is occasionally enlivened by the odd vulture calling in asking for a plane ticket fare from Botswana :rolleyes: I hope you like posting threads as it can get a bit quiet here sometimes. Enjoy the site :D

Hello and welcome  :shy:

I am very much an introvert myself and know what you mean about Facebook (I just find it depressing these days so seldom go on there)

Hope you find some nice friends on here

Holly said:
Hello, new person here. I don't know what to say, really. I have kind of got used to no one listening to anything I have to say! Anyway, hello everyone. I'm 51 years old, recently divorced and and have come to the humiliating realisation that I have no friends, no one who thinks about me and wonders if I'm ok. My marriage was abusive in many ways and I am happy to be free of that.
I feel totally alone, though, despite having 3 adult children. I have no friends and recently left Facebook after getting tired of the tumbleweed blowing through my page.
I enjoy reading, writing, watching movies, walking my dog, and I'm a bit of an introvert.
I think I might be invisible, it's beginning to feel like a real possibility!  :p

Holly,

I am sure you are not invisible, though I know what you mean. Sometimes I feel the same way. So glad that you are removed from your abusive situation. That's good news. Sounds like you might enjoy finding some new friends. As an introvert, that can be difficult, I know. Have you considered joining any groups that have similar interests or perhaps volunteering somewhere for a cause that is near and dear to your heart? There might be a book club that is close to you. Or you might check out some Meetup groups to find friends who have similar interests. Take baby steps and get out there. Good luck in finding some new friends who share your interests.

I have three adult kids too but I have really no relationship with them. Thing that nice about this site is that you see that people have the same issues you do.

Latest posts

Back